Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
O-Siri
O-Siri

Vader (Suited Prime) vs Tenebrous  - Page 7 Empty Re: Vader (Suited Prime) vs Tenebrous

May 27th 2020, 5:35 pm
Vader gets lowballed and hyped because you have two completely different narrative portrayals. When all his best showings on paper is when he’s “massively” pre-prime and all his unimpressive showings occur during his purported peak you know something just doesn’t add up. 

As a result you get two camps: 

One that hypes his “massively” pre-prime showings and make RotJ Vader into this mythical unstoppable monster who is leagues above the other apprentices and even RotS Sidious, even though all he has to show for it is an even contest with a hastily trained Padawan. 

And the other camp that focuses on his low OT showings as well as the Lucas statements and drag him below basically any of the major players. This is the narrative I follow though I don’t think it invalidates all his good showings rather Vader as of the OT era is past prime, which tbh is the best middle road to go. He’s got proven feats from the Purge up to TFU. Much more usable than the layers of excuses and no show that is the story of the mythical OT Vader. Sure maybe it doesn’t make sense he would deteriorate so quickly but it’s a fact. Just what happens when you got two contrasting narratives and different writers. I seriously doubt ESB Luke who couldn’t lift an X-Wing would stomp 8 seasoned Purge survivors or move faster than Soara Antana or a somewhat post-prime but still very capable Kenobi.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

Vader (Suited Prime) vs Tenebrous  - Page 7 Empty Re: Vader (Suited Prime) vs Tenebrous

May 27th 2020, 5:40 pm
i follow the other more consistent also why are you still using the vader post prime argument...?
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

May 27th 2020, 8:10 pm
[quote="The lord of hunger"]this is the time when i realized SI is a lost cause[/quote]

I think you need to consider the power of Tenebrous more. Having the opinion that suited-Vader loses to Tenebrous is not in anyway low-balling Vader. Let's not forget, Tenebrous is also one of the most powerful rule of two Sith and he basically has hundreds of years of power growth over Darth Bane. Tenebrous is not a popular character but he has amazing scaling and his own feats aren't too shabby.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 27th 2020, 8:12 pm
I consider it still hold the opinión that dooku could beat him tbh
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

May 27th 2020, 8:19 pm
I consider it still hold the opinión that dooku could beat him tbh

I could see that. I would still rank Tenebrous higher IMO. Do you hold suited Vader above Dooku?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 27th 2020, 10:47 pm
Yep why the asking tho?
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

May 27th 2020, 11:10 pm
[quote="The lord of hunger"]Yep why the asking tho?[/quote]

Dooku honestly has better feats against other force users. Vader was stated to be the strongest disciple of Sidious per a few quotes though I believe most of these are very old and Dooku didn't exist as a character when these were stated (might of on some). Vader was defeated by Jedi without many feats. He also had a very close fight with that Maul doppelganger/clone.  These are some of the reasons why people might "low-ball" Vader in your eyes. In general it is hard to point exactly where he stands.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 27th 2020, 11:13 pm
The getting defeated by jedi we're a time when he was pre prime and still getting in touch with the suit and Even then he was still able to kill them.

Secondly the maul fight have been rendered as non canon 

Vader have a quote from the fact files that states he is still the most powerful disciple of sidious circa 2002

And Even then like o-siri said some people tend to use more the G canon versión of vader
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum