Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 9 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan

March 16th 2020, 1:53 am
Revan
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 9 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan

March 16th 2020, 2:03 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Revan is just a powerhouse brao. SoR Revan is a completely different animal from Novel Revan, as the latter is defeated by Novel Vitiate in a close fight, while the former would obliterate Novel Vitiate in seconds given his absurd degree of superiority to the SoR strike team members, such as HoT, who butchered a recovered Voice of the Emperor after dissipating his own energies and fighting for every inch of ground in Kaas city and in the midst of the immense nexus of the dark temple. This isn’t even considering the immense growth HoT experiences after Act 3 and the amp he receives from Satele’s Battle Meditation that “greatly increases” HoT’s combat effectiveness. SoR Revan is bound by no most powerful quotes and is far and away more powerful than even collective groups of the best Jedi and Sith TOR has to offer, including a greatly amped Emperor-slayer.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

March 16th 2020, 2:04 am
Geth
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

March 16th 2020, 2:12 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
@DarthAnt66 The Talzin critiques in this post are fantastic, but I have some problems with the rest.

While Palpatine blocked Dathomir, in part, because of Gethzerion's personal power, he primarily did so because he specifically feared that she would "spread her influence to the rest of the galaxy" and then "one day perhaps even challenge him" afterwards (Dark Side Sourcebook). Fearing a galactic uprising led by a super powerful Force user is different than fearing that super powerful Force user on a combative level. The latter isn't really insinuated anywhere. All we know is that Palpatine was initially "stunned by the depth" of her powers, but that can also be attributed to the fact he just suddenly found out about a super-powerful Force user that he didn't know about prior. If Yoda or even Dooku suddenly popped up as a threat, I imagine he'd also be "stunned" by their power if he was otherwise happily unaware of their existence.

The full quote puts things into context;

When the Nightsisters made contact, the Emperor was stunned by the depth of their leader Gethzerion's power. Wanting to keep her abilities safely bottled up, Palpatine ordered the prison's ships destroyed from orbit; the stranded guards were enslaved by Gethzerion and her twisted followers.

Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Planets & Moons

Palpatine senses Gethzerion, is stunned (so shocked that one is temporarily unable to react; astonished) and wants her abilities specifically "bottled up." He's scared of both Gethzerion individually, and the Nightsisters running rampant, the latter doesn't cancel out the former. I really don't think OT Palpatine would be "unable to react" if he sensed a Dooku tier lurking on a backwater planet, but maybe that's just me. Also, Palpatine blocking off Dathomir happens eight years before Gethzerion's prime, during which she grows at a rapid pace;

Her powers grew through devotion to the dark side, and she was determined that her clan would rule, and eventually, escape the planet on which she had been stranded by Emperor Palpatine, who had been disturbed by Gethzerion's growing power.

Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia

The Nightsisters possessed dark-side powers and had an army of Imperial slaves at their disposal, remnants of a group abandoned by the Emperor eight years earlier. There had been an Imperial prison on Dathomir, but when the Emperor had learned of the Nightsisters, he had destroyed all the prison’s starships from orbit; better to lose a prison than to allow rival Force users loose on the galaxy.

Star Wars: The Essential Chronology

The Emperor is not only stunned by the depth of Geth's power, but also "disturbed" by her growth rate, which would carry on for nearly a decade after the abandonment. 

There is no question that Gethzerion is far more powerful than 8 ABY Luke, but note she specifically downed Luke "before Luke even recognized her evil intent," meaning he was not actively defending himself at the time (although it is still very impressive that she attacked Luke faster than his danger sense registered it).

You concede here that Gethzerion is far more powerful than Luke, yet you water this down through your highlighting of the unfair means by which she downed him. I don't really think Luke being unprepared is relevant when we look at the mammoth gaps between himself and other Nightsisters. It's important to note that Luke (two years from Dark Empire) is drawing from Dathomir just like the witches, and from the same power source; the life energy of the planet;

His powers boosted by the intense life energy of Dathomir, Luke fell in with the Singing Mountain clan and the young witch Teneniel Djo.

Star Wars Fact File #117

Skywalker discovered that the planet’s overwhelming life energy had a peculiar magnifying effect on his Force abilities, allowing him to accomplish feats that had previously been beyond him.

Star Wars: The Essential Chronology

Bordering dense swamplands is the massive stone fortresses of the Nightsisters, a witch clan capable of wielding unique magic fueled by the life forces of the planet.

Starwars.com - Dathomir Encyclopedia Entry

With that equalizer in place, you can apply all Witch/Luke comparisons to his base version. The first witch he fights is Teneniel Djo, an 18 year old light-sider from the Singing Mountain Clan. Here's how that goes;

Spoiler:

Teneniel ambushes Luke, but this surprise strike doesn't land. Luke is ready for a fight now, yet she's too fast and smashes his hand, then pelts him with boulders before keeping him locked in a choke-hold. Teneniel's goal is to capture Luke and force him to be her mate, so she would be avoiding all dick-crippling attacks (and crippling strikes in general) and death shots, as she says here;

"You listened to the Force, let it guide you," Luke said. "But in other ways you are cruel. You tried to kidnap me and Isolder. Do you really think you could take a man slave, or pummel me with rocks, and still hope to retain your innocence?"

"I wasn't trying to kill you when I hit you," Teneniel said, "just catch you! I wouldn't even have hurt you badly!"

"Yet you know it is wrong to take another person captive?"

Teneniel glared at him, fidgeted. "I hoped to love you. And if I did not love you, then I could have sold you to someone else who wanted you more. It's not as if I were going to make you do anything bad. The daughters of Allya have always hunted for mates this way."

Star Wars: The Courtship of Princess Leia

So even if Luke isn't going for the kill, neither is Teneniel - she needs him in good condition - and her thoughts on the fight paint a pretty clear picture of who is superior;

"I am Luke Skywalker, a Jedi Knight. These are my friends, Isolder and Artoo."

Teneniel laughed. "A Knight? You are not much of a warrior, Luke Skywalker." 

Truly, she had captured him easily, and he had trudged along through the day making a show of pulling at his bonds.

The only warriors Teneniel has to compare Luke to are other witches, which means he's "not much of a warrior" by Nightsister standards. Afterwards, Teneniel says that Luke is far more powerful than she had realised, but this is based on the false premise that performing Force feats without spells equates to far greater power, which obviously isn't the case. Barriss Offee can also use Force speed without a spell, as can Maks Leem, and neither of them are stomping 8 ABY Luke Skywalker with a baseball bat and telekinesis. Teneniel easily defeated Luke while drawing from the same power source, and with vastly inferior weaponry. Next we run into the Nightsister Ocheron, who cleans up Teneniel Djo;

Spoiler:

Ocheron tricks Teneniel and Luke, ambushing them with an attack that causes Teneniel's limbs to wither and die "instantly", as parts of her body are simply sliced away by lightning. Teneniel can't mount any defense, only muffled screams. It takes Luke jumping out from a different direction before a cackling Ocheron can even "turn her attention to him" to stop the attack, and since we see Luke is off to the side - not even apart of Ocheron's vision - this means that her initial burst nearly defeated Luke, before she turned her attention solely to Teneniel;

The old hag nearly defeated Singing Clan witch Teneniel Djo and Luke Skywalker with one of her spells - she sucked the wind from their lungs and barraged them with Force lightning.

Star Wars: The Complete Encyclopedia: Ocheron

Teneniel leads Luke and friends to the exiled Nightsister, Barukka, who creates a perfect, miniature, living replica of Dathomir's imperial prison with the Force. Leia deems this "a talent beyond anything she had ever seen in Luke"; 

Leia could tell that only a great act of concentration let the woman manipulate the dirt this way. It was a talent beyond anything that Leia had ever seen in Luke, and it frightened her. If Barukka could do this, what kind of power did some of the other Nightsisters have?

With that in mind, here's what Barukka thinks of Gethzerion;

On top of the tower, a tiny figure of a Nightsister walked through a door, stood looking up at the sky for a moment, as if staring directly into Barukka's face. Barukka suddenly shrieked, "Gethzerion!" and spun, smashing the figure with her staff.

"Will you help us?" Teneniel asked. "We need to go to the prison, to find some parts for a ship. Can you tell us where to look?" Barukka stood unmoving for a long moment, frowning in concentration. She began to tremble, and whispered, "No, I can't." "Why can't you?" Luke said. "Gethzerion has no power over you." "She does!" Barukka said. "Can't you hear her calling me? She hunts me! Even now, she is stalking me!" "Does she call to you?" Luke asked. "Do you hear her voice in your head?" "Yes," Barukka said. "What does she say?" "She rails against me, curses me," Barukka answered. "Sometimes I hear her at night, as if she is standing by my bed."

I could add in others, like Baritha, who dulls Teneniel's senses before choking her out, but this is enough text. Luke is a mediocre fighter by Nightsister standards, and gets demolished by a lower level witch's telekinesis. Teneniel is obliterated by the Nightsister spellcaster Ocheron, who "nearly defeats" the duo. Ocheron is an inferior of Gethzerion - "the most powerful" of the Nightsisters. Later, Barukka shows a talent beyond anything Leia had ever seen from Luke, and is petrified of Gethzerion. If Luke is well below a 20 year old light side witch, it's hard to fathom the gap between himself and Geth. At every turn we're told just how much stronger these low tier witches are than Luke, and just how insignifcant they are next to the Nightsister leader. So prepared or not, Gethzerion is pantsing Luke Skywalker every single time.

I hope this reinforced the Palpatine comments and fleshed out the gap between Gethzerion and 8 ABY Luke a little more. I'll end the post by saying; If you're voting for Gethzerion, you really should switch to Exar Kun, who scales directly over her Dathomir-amped version in Force power, has a more reliable track record with haxx - even limiting this to the basic ones he could channel through his hosts as a spirit - and is a "virtually unstoppable" lightsaber duelist. Any perceived edge Gethzerion has over other candidates, Kun does too, to a much greater extent.

Edit: Didn't realise this was Geth vs Revan only. Should have been Kun.
Geistalt
Geistalt

March 16th 2020, 2:33 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Teneniel > post-RotJ Luke Pog

Pretty sure this means she also scales above RotJ Vader.
Reynard (Ethanion)
Reynard (Ethanion)

March 16th 2020, 11:35 am
Yes Geistat, as a matter of fact Luke’s growth rate after ROTJ should be faster than before ROTJ, so Teleniel may even scale from TPM Kenobi.
Geistalt
Geistalt

March 16th 2020, 11:36 am
Reynard (Ethanion) wrote:Yes Geistat, as a matter of fact Luke’s growth rate after ROTJ should be faster than before ROTJ, so Teleniel may even scale from TPM Kenobi.
Learn to spell.
Reynard (Ethanion)
Reynard (Ethanion)

March 16th 2020, 11:50 am
I want to note that Palpatine met Gethezerion off of Dathomir.
TenebrousWay
TenebrousWay

March 16th 2020, 12:08 pm
Revan
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 16th 2020, 12:15 pm
Reynard (Ethanion) wrote:I want to note that Palpatine met Gethezerion off of Dathomir.

When? And quote?

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 9 Sheev_sig_3
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 16th 2020, 12:19 pm
anybody know the vote percentages?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 16th 2020, 12:20 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:anybody know the vote percentages?

Gethzerion - 16
Revan - 14
Gianfi
Gianfi

March 16th 2020, 12:22 pm
Revan Revan Revan Revan
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 16th 2020, 12:35 pm
Gethzerion
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 16th 2020, 12:38 pm
gethzerion = 17 

revan= 15
Geistalt
Geistalt

March 16th 2020, 12:43 pm
Except Gianfi was already voting for Revan.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 16th 2020, 12:46 pm
throw me down for geth
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 16th 2020, 2:51 pm
gethzerion 18 

revan 15
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 16th 2020, 2:52 pm
ISV has already voted Geth though. ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 9 1220391476
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 16th 2020, 2:53 pm
Gianfi also voted for Revan already, LoH
Gianfi
Gianfi

March 16th 2020, 2:54 pm
Yeah I am just reiterating the true deserver of the title as tenth strongest
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 16th 2020, 2:58 pm
Gianfi wrote:Yeah I am just reiterating the true deserver of the title as tenth strongest
🇪🇭
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 16th 2020, 2:59 pm
ok so 

geth 17

revan 14
Vicious Madang
Vicious Madang

March 16th 2020, 3:20 pm
Geth
The God Emperor
The God Emperor

March 16th 2020, 3:26 pm
The Outlander or Vaylin, probably the Outlander
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum