Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan

March 16th 2020, 6:21 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:I can explain the rationale behind the feat in an hour. ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 1289255181
Looking forward to it.
Geistalt
Geistalt

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan

March 16th 2020, 6:33 pm
BoD wrote:There are several examples of other characters being canonically frozen and vulnerable, yet the opponent is unable to harm them with a lightsaber. Both were later subdued by lightsabers in cutscenes. Revan is not the first, and he definitely will not be the last.
Except Revan wasn't subdued/killed with a lightsaber. He was killed when he was convinced to die by his light-sided counterpart.

Although he is, of course, susceptible to the plasma from blasters and lightsabers; otherwise, the Yavin 4 combatants would have managed to do nothing to him in their duels.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

March 16th 2020, 7:01 pm
Revan
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 16th 2020, 7:05 pm
Geistalt wrote:
BoD wrote:There are several examples of other characters being canonically frozen and vulnerable, yet the opponent is unable to harm them with a lightsaber. Both were later subdued by lightsabers in cutscenes. Revan is not the first, and he definitely will not be the last.
Except Revan wasn't subdued/killed with a lightsaber. He was killed when he was convinced to die by his light-sided counterpart.

Although he is, of course, susceptible to the plasma from blasters and lightsabers; otherwise, the Yavin 4 combatants would have managed to do nothing to him in their duels.
I think you've missed my point. The basis for the "Revan can tank lightsaber blades" claim appears to rest on a scripted gameplay mechanic. Arcann and the Outlander both have these, as do Kota, Kazdan Paratus, Vader, Starkiller/Galen, and countless others. Arcann and the Outlander have both been frozen and vulnerable to lightsaber attacks in the past yet survived but are brought low by them in cutscenes. The same goes for Kota. There is absolutely no reason Revan should benefit from these and they shouldn't.
S.H
S.H

March 16th 2020, 7:15 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I vote Kueller
Geistalt
Geistalt

March 16th 2020, 7:38 pm
Who's Kueller
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 16th 2020, 7:39 pm
Geistalt wrote:Who's Kueller
The only other worthy no.10 choice.
Geistalt
Geistalt

March 16th 2020, 7:55 pm
Iunno, boss; Teneniel scales above Starkiller
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

March 16th 2020, 7:57 pm
@S.H The only eligible options now are Revan and Gethzerion.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

March 17th 2020, 7:45 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
@KelDorianUnit 

I have read your case for Gethzerion and despite it being a great work I have few issues with it.

1°) The defeat of Yoda and the jedi team

This thing happened on Dathomir which is an insanely powerful nexus. I agree on the fact that we don't know if Dathomir work as a DS nexus or only as a nightsister's magic amp but factually it amps them far above their own level of power. 

To have an idea of the level of this amp, I will give you to consider a failure from Mother Talzin outside of Dathomir and a feat from her on this planet.

Failure of Talzin out of Dathomir:
Restraint wrote:With a motion of her hands, the docking bay was suddenly filled with dozens of Nightsister warriors, though sporting robes and weapons that struck Maul as of ancient design. He understood that he was being treated to a dazzling Force illusion, but the Vollick’s soldiers were fully taken in. Just as the warlord had warned, the slector switches of a dozen blasters went from stun to full on, and a harried storm of bolts began to crisscross the bay, putting everyone in jeopardy. 
The real Nightsisters were as fast on the draw as their opponents and managed to drop several soldiers with energy quarrels before Talzin’s conjured illusion of ancient warriors began to evaporate in the same recycled air out of which they had appeared."
"Our magicks don’t work in this sterile place,” Talzin said with abhorrence. “That’s why I could not sustain the illusion.”

Feat of Talzin on Dathomir:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 2Q== ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRet6hOv5azeUUj6Wl_jQpvjzs7LJFZWv2LPw5qFgHRz9huKp5n

As you can see, Talzin go from not being able to sustain a basic illusion to being able to compete with RotS Sidious and even for a brief moment with RotS Sidious and Dooku. This gives you a pretty good idea of how insane is the dathomirian amp for the Nightsisters. 

Based on this and even in the best case for you (saying that Dathomir isn't a classic DS nexus) this can explain why the jedi team, including Yoda was defeat.
In addition to this, we have no idea of how many nightsisters they faced. 

With all of this into account we can't really quantified this feat or even use it to show that Nightsisters are insanely powerful.

2°) Palpatine was afraid of her power

The only view that Palpatine had of Gethzerion power come from herself being amped by the planet. I have already explained how huge is this amp. Because of this we can obviously mitigate the reality of this fear.

One can argue that Sidious' decision to bottle up Gethzerion on this planet is the proof of her power being not limitated by the amp of Dathomir. 
However when you read one of the scan that you provide it clearly explained that what the emperor feared is the fact that she could take control of part of the galaxy and because of this challenge the galactic empire: "and from there spread her influence to the rest of the galaxy, one day perhaps even challenging him". Here the challenge isn't a direct confrontation between Gethzerion and Sidious but rather a real war between two parts of the galaxy.

3°) Defeating Luke

As you shown us, Gethzerion was able to defeat Luke which is a pretty good feat. 
However this version of Luke have only one main success which is defeating Darth Vader. In the following years he will face Joruus C'baoth which is more powerful than this version of Luke per his own admission:

Luke wrote:But Master C'baoth was a lot more powerful than I was.

In addition to this, we have the fact that this happened on Dathomir so Gethzerion was under the amp of the planet. This once again made this feat unclear.

You seems to claim that because Gethzerion wasn't eager to leave Dathomir she wasn't amp by it. This theory don't hold at all. Yes, because Gethzerion is more powerful than Talzin she could be more efficient than her outside of the planet despite the lack of the amp. But this don't prove at all that she isn't amp by the planet.

4°) The (in)famous quotes

To my point, the most problematic point for Gethzerion is the fact that she falled under some quotes in favor of Vader:

Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith's apprentice, one of the two most powerful beings in the galaxy, was afraid.

and

His devotion to the emperor and mastery of the dark side gives him more power than any single individual in the galaxy except for the emperor himself.

Based on this two quotes, I fail to understand how you can put Gethzerion on this place but not Vader instead.

CONCLUSION:

Because of all of this issues and until you give me a good answer to them I cannot support Gethzerion for the 10th place in this tournament. 

As a result I cast my vote for Revan.
Gianfi
Gianfi

March 17th 2020, 8:01 am
^Excelent point, especially regarding the huge amp Dathomir can give her. People voting for here seem to assume Geth will have the same level of power in the force even in a neutral scenario, but as it’s been pointed out, this is simply not the case
Geistalt
Geistalt

March 17th 2020, 8:25 am
Retracting my vote.

Being sub-cripple Vader is a mark against Geth in my eyes.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 17th 2020, 8:31 am
To my point, the most problematic point for Gethzerion is the fact that she falled under some quotes in favor of Vader:

Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith's apprentice, one of the two most powerful beings in the galaxy, was afraid.

Minor critique: This quote is in-universe and from Vader's perspective. It's not objective proof Vader is actually the second most powerful being in the galaxy. The second is fair, however.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 17th 2020, 9:56 am
@xolthol thank you. In addition, here is Jake's post if you want to check it out: https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t2782p200-top-fifteen-tournament-10-vote-now#53336
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 17th 2020, 10:18 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Before posting the case, here are some quotes regarding Dathomir amping the practitioners of both Light and Dark Side of the Force.

Star Wars Fact File #117 wrote:His powers boosted by the intense life energy of Dathomir, Luke fell in with the Singing Mountain clan and the young witch Teneniel Djo.

-credits to Jake

Star Wars: The Essential Chronology wrote:Skywalker discovered that the planet’s overwhelming life energy had a peculiar magnifying effect on his Force abilities, allowing him to accomplish feats that had previously been beyond him.

Last edited by KelDorianUnit on March 17th 2020, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

March 17th 2020, 10:24 am
@KelDorianUnit I am waiting for your answer with excitement
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 17th 2020, 10:43 am
Geth doesn't scale over Vitiate and Revan anyway, because all of Sheev's supremacy quotes are political. 

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 4233314142
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 17th 2020, 3:39 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
This is the second and final case for Gethzerion, explaining why she solidly scales with late Sidious of the Rebellion Era and a response to claims made by certain users of the forum.

I would like to especially thank my friend @Reynard (Ethanion) for his work and effort of gathering all the sources and preparing an excellent blog for us, the users.

Part 1 - Endor:

In the first part, I’d like to introduce you Charal, an exiled Dathomiri Nightsister that had been exiled by the clan and how powerful she is:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Ghe8hv1vusT038rSiCFDyTEBRSvIo8t8HDzhNE04NboQi-WIJ056bOXP8y4LhSCOF8mTcrQv04EKFjZQ_R8ayqpwPytSthuyBn4pSpafXDb2VDjfDd5KLKp64JsrIEMILiC0Rl46

Charal had been forced to run from Dathomir and she’s been living on Endor over a hundred years, without any source to amplify her magic or powers. The late Jedi had encountered Nightsisters centuries ago and yet they still haven’t comprehend skills and magic of Nightsisters, and this doesn’t even include Gethzerion’s magic.

Charal is able to raise the dead:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Charal_resurrection

This is a pretty strong feat, considering Talzin herself was unable to resurrect the dead even when she was on Dathomir and needed assistance from Daka, an elderly Nightsister:

The Online Star Wars Encyclopedia, Nightsister Zombies, Relationship with Old Daka wrote:Old Daka is the oldest of the Nightsisters. She alone could wield the power to raise the army of the dead. When General Grievous impaled Daka with his lightsaber, her sway over the Nightsister zombies abruptly ended.
The Online Star Wars Encyclopedia, Mother Talzin, Relationship with Old Daka wrote:Though Talzin lead the Nightsisters, she was not the wisest of the coven. In times of great need, Talzin turned to Old Daka, the eldest of the Nightsisters and the keeper of the most arcane, dangerous knowledge of the clan.

StarWars.com, Nightsister History Gallery wrote:But for all her power, Talzin was not the mightiest of the witches--even older Nightsisters dwelled deep within the fortress on Dathomir. During the Clone Wars, the eldest and most powerful witch was Old Daka.

So Charal was able to raise the dead while off Dathomir, something even Talzin is unable to and only someone as powerful as Daka could.
Charal is able to summon Spirit Ichor and use it against the Ewoks, despite being on Endor:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Charal_spirit_ichor
★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Spirit_ichor2

Spirit Ichor allows Nightsisters to employ various magic via channeling the Winged Goddess; such as Voodoo (the spell Talzin used against Dooku with him being unable to fight against/resist the effects of the spell), conjuration, transformation (imbuing Savage Opress with great strength) etc.

Now before proceeding to Charal’s final and greatest feat, I’d like to introduce something else. The Sunstar.

-Logray Ewoks Season 2: Night of the Stranger wrote:“Careful Wicket! You know the Sunstar can unleash the most powerful magic in the universe. For good and evil.”

Sunstar is an artifact capable of overthrowing someone as powerful as Emperor Palpatine as of 3 ABY. Here are the accolades and feats showing its power:

Charal claims Sunstar to be all powerful:

Star Wars: Ewoks-Shadow of Endor wrote:What are you worried about old fool? Are you not master of the all-potent Sunstar?

Raygar, an archaelogist working for Emperor Palpatine learns that Sunstar’s power to be virtually limitless and is capable of providing him such strength to overthrow the most powerful Sith Lord of all times:

Ewoks Season 2: Battle for the Sunstar wrote:“Incredible, the gem’s powers are virtually without limit. In fact, why should I hand it over to the Emperor when I can use it to become Emperor myself.”

Sunstar can provide Raygar enough power to become the master of the universe:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 SYGJ4le9Qq_AgnapY5QGdwcOPWy8-WLNyBzAdVv9F0NqfQiPXSARNOkVV4iWlnHW8JyOEMUIkR9HP2bOcSvUwNiYQGb1lpiwp0BkbVkohH20V-ZpZcPfktocT7fy1UW6c08Pm2YC

-Star Wars Insider 27

The Duchess of Sleet considers of decimating a planet with the power of Sunstar:

Ewoks Season 2-The Season Scepter wrote:“What shall I do with the Sunstar, make a necklace? Destroy a planet? Ahh, the possibilities.”

Logray is aware of the upcoming darkness to their lands, and seeks the council of Charal for answers. Charal experiences a vision of the upcoming threat (The Empire as of RotJ) and realizes that Sunstar is powerful enough to challenge them and immediately tries to steal it from the Ewok’s:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Sunstar_theft

Sunstar can alter the surface of a moon and turn it into mud:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 17iMNjhNYfVqyKqRYWfa2jpKmAZaZERLHJLSCKy4ZbWgmbrkht8jqJOzknKklgYZGR73OJVnQ8B8ESVNsBliGoRTQqeO0aSOlpu0V3ejJBokcUnuS8EDXb0OdQHf7Fb-FAyehm6Q
- Star Wars Insider 27

Sunstar is capable of closing the Endor Gate, a black hole. Only someone as powerful as Luke Skywalker can manipulate one.
Source: Ewoks Season 2: Night of the Stranger (you can watch the episode for the footage)

Sunstar is powerful enough to move the moons:

-Ewoks Season 2: Night of the Stranger wrote:
“The moons, they’re moving together.”

“Yes, only the Sunstar, has the power to do this.”

The Sunstar disassembles Logray into molecules and reassembles at a different location and creates a barrier to imprison him:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 PS-WmeXU0nQFrYKPRAySlo6ayisJnnCipHi9d6VkiwyhAAxgzwKdwut5tN3TzRzVRDu6znMnm_Guv5LlOQxMbzZTgxX3mpdJECzcGaNy50poxgEVFr9Xaelop7zq4LswO_AEe3ZK

The Sunstar turns a tree into a dragon:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 YJKlPqsmgL7CtpNgffs6I7JIzB2kQhO5mqBSr-H5QQIalpsTVdRq5QHoVvaxqa7S8R4t0qgxVlrdWmWPDemftQ33vfWjx4zz1bBC5gEJuMTQ5SrsMzJkImJgwPqvhd2IIUhQkJ74

As a side note, Logray considers Sunstar to be the most powerful source of magic and that includes the Season Scepter. The Season Scepter is an artifact that alter the environment and the nature. It is capable of freezing an ocean instantly, cause thunderstorms, and change the seasons, bringing winter or summer to the lands of Ewoks. Here is the episode:

So now that I explained the potency of Sunstar, let’s get back to Charal shall we?

The moment Charal decides to steal the Sunstar from the Ewoks, Logray instantly blasts Charal while she is off-guard with the artifact’s power and she successfully tanks it:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Charaltanking

After that, Charal overpowers Logray’s defenses using Spirit Ichor acting as a weapon.

Charal is able to defend herself from another blast while prepared:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Tank2

Charal manipulates the roots to disarm Logray:

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 Rekt

After the conflict ends, Logray states that Sunstar’s power had been depleted significantly and is nowhere near close to its full potency. To summarize, Charal is powerful enough to withstand something that is capable of telekinetically moving the moons, wipe the planets, warp the reality and is capable of destroying the Galactic Empire and overthrowing 3 ABY Darth Sidious, but we’ll return to this later on.

Part 2 - Rebuttals

I see that many of you made arguments regarding Gethzerion and the respective characters they are representing. I appreciate the enthusiasm and your efforts and it is my duty to satisfy your curiousity. I’d like to thank @Jake because he made an important post regarding some of Ant’s arguments, here is the link.

Now let’s proceed to other questions (and possible counters):

A) DarthAnt66’s claims

DarthAnt66 wrote:Gethzerion does not scale above Talzin. James Luceno's Restraint short story reveals that Talzin is explicitly far weaker than a teenage Maul, who tears through a group of smugglers that almost kill her and a dozen Nightsisters, as shown above.

And why should this matter? Restraint take place as of 39 BBY, 20 years prior to Talzin’s death. Do you think she doesn’t grow? Near the Clone Wars’ end, Talzin is stated to be able to go toe to toe with Sidious, without anything regarding the events of Son of Dathomir, I posted the quotes for that. Dooku tells Sidious to send his armies but he knows an army would be insufficient to terminate Talzin.

DarthAnt66 wrote:This is because almost all of Talzin's power is external--derived from the life energy and spirit ichor on Dathomir. On a "sterile place," Talzin is unable to perform basic Force abilities and is probably weaker than an average Jedi Knight.

And what is the source for this? Talzin while off-Dathomir gave Mace Windu himself a challenge, despite her weakened form and being unable to manifest physically to full extend.

Darth66 wrote:Talzin is only shown to be a match for Sidious "at the heart of her power" and after extensively draining the life energy of Dooku to make her far more powerful than ever.

Reasons for Dooku making her far more powerful than ever? I mean Dooku only allowed her to gain a physical form and she was restored to her original strength. Dathomir is indeed the heart of her power, but Dathomir also amplifies the strength of other Force Wielders, including the ones like 8 ABY. Luke Skywalker:

Star Wars Fact File 117 wrote:His powers boosted by the intense life energy of Dathomir, Luke fell in with the Singing Mountain clan and the young witch Teneniel Djo.

Star Wars: The Essential Chronology wrote:Skywalker discovered that the planet’s overwhelming life energy had a peculiar magnifying effect on his Force abilities, allowing him to accomplish feats that had previously been beyond him.

DarthAnt66 wrote:Scaling Gethzerion about this uniquely amplified Talzin fails because we have never used "more powerful" quotes to scale Force users above circumstantially empowered characters. We do not scale Vitiate above Sith Meditation Sphere-amped Sadow, 19 BBY Anakin above oneness Anakin, 4 ABY Vader above Kaiburr crystal Vader, etc.

I don’t buy this uniquely amplified Talzin argument. Talzin draining Dooku allowed her greater power than she ever had is already false, and if you do think Dathomir amplifies Talzin, it should also amplify both Sidious and Dooku, against a single foe. Which we already saw what happened during that confrontation. Talzin and Sidious were near equally matched in a lightning barage, and Talzin managed to form a barrier to absorb both Sith Lord’s lightning, without the aid of Maul and she was slain by Grievous, wasn’t even overpowered by them.

And let’s say even if what you say is right Ant, Gethzerion doesn’t need to scale above Talzin who is an almost equal of Darth Sidious. Daka scales above Talzin, Charal scales above Daka and Gethzerion scales above any of them.

DarthAnt66 wrote:She doesn't have a lightsaber. The rules of the tournament--created by The Ellimist--uniquely favors powerful Force users with lightsaber skills over just powerful Force users:The new metric to rank characters will be the extent that Darth Malgus would need an amp to defeat them. The extent that Malgus needs to be amped to defeat Gethzerion is just the extent needed to close the gap and strike her down without being overwhelmed. For Revan, closing the gap would just be the start of the engagement. Malgus would then have to deal with him in sabers, his durability, his teleportation, his precog, and still his Force powers all intermixed.

I am disappointed that you missed the information where Gethzerion possesses a lightsaber, and she has skills and reflexes suggesting she is more than capable of using it. In my first post, I already explained the training process of the Nightsisters, her feats in The Dark Side Sourcebook also shows that she is capable of using weapons, including modern ones such as blaster pistols. And no matter the amp Malgus receives, he doesn’t know or understand about Gethzerion’s magic and unique abilities, being able to use sorcerery without rituals or chanting. Gethzerion will always hold the advantage thanks to it. To be honest, I can’t say the same for Revan’s powers. In the end, Malgus is way more familiar with Revan’s powers. Besides, I saw you claiming Revan being among the top 5 most skilled combatants. What’s the basis of this? Revan as of SoR was getting tagged and matched by Satele in Shadow of Revan. Malgus’ weakest incarnation was above Satele and she only survived twice due to external factors of her mentor and future husband. If you are going to use Revan’s lightsaber skills, you really should make a strong case because I don’t think Revan’s have feats nor skill to match Malgus in a straight duel.

B) xolthol’s claims:

xolthol wrote:This thing happened on Dathomir which is an insanely powerful nexus. I agree on the fact that we don't know if Dathomir work as a DS nexus or only as a nightsister's magic amp but factually it amps them far above their own level of power.

To have an idea of the level of this amp, I will give you to consider a failure from Mother Talzin outside of Dathomir and a feat from her on this planet.

Dathomir acts a nexus for any type of Force Wielder, similar to Vjun. Luke was amplified by Dathomir and if I recall correctly, Dathomir was considered to be a dying planet at that time. About four centuries ago, the lowest rank of Nightsisters managed to make Yoda and other Jedi retreat, killing some of them in the process and I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be amplified by a healthier Dathomir’s nexus. Here are the quotes anyway:

Star Wars Fact File 117 wrote:His powers boosted by the intense life energy of Dathomir, Luke fell in with the Singing Mountain clan and the young witch Teneniel Djo.

xolthol wrote:One can argue that Sidious' decision to bottle up Gethzerion on this planet is the proof of her power being not limitated by the amp of Dathomir.
However when you read one of the scan that you provide it clearly explained that what the emperor feared is the fact that she could take control of part of the galaxy and because of this challenge the galactic empire: "and from there spread her influence to the rest of the galaxy, one day perhaps even challenging him". Here the challenge isn't a direct confrontation between Gethzerion and Sidious but rather a real war between two parts of the galaxy.

What you say is technically correct my friend, but did you ignore the other scans?

"Knowing the extent of her powers, though, he decided it would be dangerous to let her get off planet, so Palpatine ordered the orbiting airfield destroyed, in the process stranding many of his own people."

"Her powers grew through devotion to the dark side, and she was determined that her clan would rule, and eventually, escape the planet on which she had been stranded by Emperor Palpatine, who had been disturbed by Gethzerion's growing power."

“Han,” Leia said, “Augwynne has filled me in on a few things. I believe the Emperor himself was afraid of the Nightsisters. That’s why he interdicted this planet. Years ago, he started a nice little penal colony here, not knowing about the Nightsisters. When he learned about them, he blew the planet’s airfield from orbit and stranded hundreds of his own people here, along with the prisoners, rather than risk letting Gethzerion escape. That’s how frightened he was of Gethzerion".

This is a direct reference to her powers, not influence or anything and Palpatine considers to be her more dangerous off Dathomir. Which is basically the key word here, she doesn’t need the external sources to amplify her strength. I already explained this, Talzin and her clan were supplying their powers to a greater degree via Spirit Ichor by channeling through the Winged Goddess. Gethzerion didn’t use or any of them.

xolthol wrote:As you shown us, Gethzerion was able to defeat Luke which is a pretty good feat.
However this version of Luke have only one main success which is defeating Darth Vader. In the following years he will face Joruus C'baoth which is more powerful than this version of Luke per his own admission:

The point is she didn’t just defeat Luke. She one-shot him effortlessly without Luke being able to counter or stand against her spell. As I posted above, I believe I don’t need to imply he was amplified to a great degree once again. The actual point is to show the potency of her spells here. Talzin had to use Spirit Ichor and prepare a ritual to kill Dooku and he wasn’t able to resist or fight against the spell. There wasn’t any way of countering it and if Grievous had not interfere, Dooku was dead meat. Gethzerion doesn’t need a ritual nor Spirit Ichor and it makes her irresistable spells even more lethal. This also supports the case of Gethzerion being just as lethal if she manages to leave Dathomir.

xolthol wrote:To my point, the most problematic point for Gethzerion is the fact that she falled under some quotes in favor of Vader:

"Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith's apprentice, one of the two most powerful beings in the galaxy, was afraid."   

and

"His devotion to the emperor and mastery of the dark side gives him more power than any single individual in the galaxy except for the emperor himself."

Based on this two quotes, I fail to understand how you can put Gethzerion on this place but not Vader instead.

And why should this quotes apply to Gethzerion and are valid? If you are to accept this quote, Exar Kun, Abeloth and many others also exist in the galaxy. Is Vader more powerful than either of them? And BoD also made a fair point regarding this.

This should cover all for now, time to end this.

Part 3 - Conclusion

To summarize, I established the power of Charal, who is above both Daka and Talzin despite she hasn’t been on Dathomir over a century. Charal being able to resist and lessen the power of Sunstar, which is an artifact that is capable of granting non-Force sensitive Raygar power enough to become the master of the galaxy and overthrow 3 ABY Darth Sidious as it has been stated by IU sources.

Gethzerion scales infinitely above Charal, Daka, Talzin or any of them. DarthAnt66’s claims towards Gethzerion cannot be scaled from Talzin is shown to be wrong. Even if DarthAnt66 is right, Gethzerion doesn’t need to scale someone so insignificant like Talzin. In my first post, I enounced it clearly that Talzin is nothing but a mere tool and I didn’t even bother to give her much attention, knowing it will only lead to this. Despite Talzin being nothing but a mere pawn, she is close to earlier Darth Sidious and an almost equal to him nonetheless. Which actually matters a lot since Revan is locked beneath Vitiate (Novel/SWTOR) anyways. We all know that Sidious is the most powerful Sith that ever existed which also locks Vitiate beneath Sidious. Revan, even as of SoR cannot defeat Vitiate had he managed to resurrect the Sith Emperor and people such as Darth Marr is there to confirm this.

Not to mention, Gethzerion at least scales upto RotJ Sidious who is far superior to his RotS incarnation and he had the take precautions about Gethzerion til the very moment of his demise. You know me, I don’t really like scaling chains but most of you love playing this way, so I shall play with the same rules. It is now obvious that:

Gethzerion>Charal>Daka>Talzin~Darth Sidious>Vitiate>Revan

In conclusion, Gethzerion still has solid accolades, feats, unique powers that even the strongest of the Sith bewares and fears of. She doesn’t need Dathomir, Spirit Ichor, rituals unlike weaklings compared to her like Talzin. Her powers cannot be countered and it extends to such degree that even the Jedi cannot comprehend them.

So everything shall come to an end, even Gethzerion’s opponent Revan. DarthAnt66’s willpower is the only thing that keeps Revan alive but even his will has its limits.

Thanks to everyone reading this and was an active participant of this round, I hope it has been an enjoyable experience for all of us. Don’t forget to vote for our Lady and Saviour Gethzerion.

Last edited by KelDorianUnit on March 17th 2020, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 17th 2020, 3:40 pm
@xolthol @Geistalt hope this will satisfy you.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 17th 2020, 3:48 pm
Yeah throw me down for geth again
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

March 17th 2020, 3:50 pm
★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 KCsIgWx
★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 JrKJ8Vb

Charal left the Nightsisters “over a century” before she performed the impressive feats you listed. I think that post sets a great groundwork for Ewok respect across the forums but, unfortunately, Gethzerion doesn’t benefit from it.

Expect another response for the Talzin stuff later today.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 17th 2020, 3:56 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Charal left the Nightsisters “over a century” before she performed the impressive feats you listed. I think that post sets a great groundwork for Ewok respect across the forums but, unfortunately, Gethzerion doesn’t benefit from it.

Expect another response for the Talzin stuff later today.

Yeah, no. She has been trained as a Nightsister and still uses Nightsister Magic and teachings. If you are going to do this, let's call Valkorion a Sith Lord too, since you claim Sidious' most powerful Sith Lord quote doesn't apply to him because he doesn't identify himself as a "Sith". You disappoint me Ant, you were suppose to be the greatest debater around here, not someone using cheap tricks.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

March 17th 2020, 5:30 pm
@KelDorianUnit Really good post. I will do some research on my own in order to know whether or not I change my vote.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

March 17th 2020, 5:39 pm
@Xolthol:

And why should this matter? Restraint take place as of 39 BBY, 20 years prior to Talzin’s death. Do you think she doesn’t grow?

Near the Clone Wars’ end, Talzin is stated to be able to go toe to toe with Sidious, without anything regarding the events of Son of Dathomir, I posted the quotes for that.

Talzin’s comments reveal her powers are wildly disproportionately dependent on her environment’s life force. Throw her in space and her illusions and healing abilities don’t work--throw her back on Dathomir and they would. Talzin has some inherent power and would have grown across the twenty years, but this vast established gap between her inherent power and Dathomir-dependent power would have also. And, as I explained in my last post, even her Dathomir-dependent powers seem to be nothing next to Dooku’s as of 21 BBY. 

The “She’s a powerhouse that could go toe-to-toe with Darth Sidious, but she comes at it from a unique angle. Nightsister magic is not like the Force, and that lets us do some surprising things. Let’s just say Count Dooku does not have an easy go of it here!” line is an author quote discussing Son of Dathomir and teasing that she will do this from a unique Nightsister angle that involves harming Dooku (hint: she drains Dooku’s life force to become far stronger). 

And what is the source for this?

Herself in Restraint:

“Our magicks don’t work in this sterile place. That’s why I could not sustain the illusion.”

And the starwars.com databanks:

“The world Dathomir is naturally abundant with dark magicks, and was the source of the Nightsisters' power.

“The world of Dathomir, a planet steeped in dark energies, is home to the Nightsisters. It is here that they were most powerful, and they rarely ventured off-world in the age of the Republic.” 

“Bordering dense swamplands is the massive stone fortresses of the Nightsisters, a witch clan capable of wielding unique magic fueled by the life forces of the planet.”

“The Nightsisters can tap into the magical ichor of the planet, which flows from its depths as a luminescent green mist.”

Reasons for Dooku making her far more powerful than ever?

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 AFgwnewDhYyUmviuvxp0pBq7RMgbpIirVdLwYBaUuBY-OLjvioYNDs53wSHIQkubd05_-Qdn8unk9zQmIo8UlWPf4I6sE_R5XkwSAcd068oULSANFIxCTJL8k9JMX2nphVAlRmjp

How were you figuring Dooku did not make her far more powerful when even Grievous is forcing Talzin to retreat, anyway?

Dathomir is indeed the heart of her power, but Dathomir also amplifies the strength of other Force Wielders, including the ones like 8 ABY. Luke Skywalker:[hideedit]

It’s not quite the same. Dathomir is a mega Force nexus that empowers Luke greatly, yes. However, Dathomir is ultimately the source of all Dathomir magicks. The Nightsisters are specifically “most powerful” on Dathomir than anywhere else because it is “the source of their power,” “naturally abundant with dark magicks,” and has magical ichor” that “flows from its depths.” Here are some quotes from Talzin describing the significance of the Dathomir nexus for their powers:

“Our shamanism saturates the galaxy, influencing other traditions even if their practitioners are unaware of it. It flows from a single wellspring--the life web of Dathomir.

“It is a core truth of the Nightsisters that the spirit plane exists parallel to our own. Only here on Dathomir, however, are the two realms close enough for us to see their shapes, and only here is there an intermediary to act on the tribe’s behalf.” 

“How do we know our homeworld is unique among all the planets of the cosmos? I have a shaman’s eyes, and I have seen the proof. I have watched the spirits travel from one realm to another by means of a smoky tether that is anchored in our forests.”

“Channeling the Winged Goddess brings forth great quantities of spirit ichor into the physical realm.”

---

When Palpatine senses and is shocked by the depth of Gethzerion’s power, he is sensing her power rooted in a planet that tremendously amplifies it. While Gethzerion is presumably powerful off-world too, Palpatine’s concerns in that respect are instead foremost that she would "spread her influence to the rest of the galaxy" and then "one day perhaps even challenge him" afterwards (Dark Side Sourcebook). However, even all this hasn't been fully contextualized: 

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 G4WiNAawAQHyVMW-mrMK5koMgQkfBdrqC7SPpczeQWNVmBO46BF1YZqEjDCElziiCXEKcokH2h3Dd2kJOvmwAw_g5HTV5h5aVRUMsOvyqS4Q3ZPD9M7iBxOpPKpKGs0gX4dBOkEW

Palpatine is merely “curious” about what Gethzeiron will do after he constructs the base, and he is ultimately confident that he will “contain them” if she seeks to escape. That doesn't strike me as some uber-level threat that Palpatine is wetting the bed over--more like something he's more amused than nervous about. Indeed, Palpatine may be well-aware that Gethzerion’s powers are circumstantially mega amped on Dathomir, like he is for Talzin also.

Expect a part two follow-up with Luke and Charal. Posting these as I respond. ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 1289255181

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on March 17th 2020, 6:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

March 17th 2020, 6:06 pm
Part 2. I think that's everything?

I am disappointed that you missed the information where Gethzerion possesses a lightsaber, and she has skills and reflexes suggesting she is more than capable of using it. In my first post, I already explained the training process of the Nightsisters, her feats in The Dark Side Sourcebook also shows that she is capable of using weapons, including modern ones such as blaster pistols. And no matter the amp Malgus receives, he doesn’t know or understand about Gethzerion’s magic and unique abilities, being able to use sorcerery without rituals or chanting.

I agree that, upon a relook, she is shown possessing a lightsaber in a lone trading card set at least a decade before CoPC. I question if she still has one given she nor any of the other Nighsisters are even mentioned to possess one in CoPC but, assuming she does, my point still stands. Gethzerion is not trained in Jedi and Sith fighting techniques. The fact she has "quick reflexives" and can press the trigger of a blaster pistol doesn’t mean she can fend off an amped Malgus one-on-one. 

When Malgus gets in close, he's breaking her bones and jamming a lightsaber up her mouth. When Malgus gets close to Revan, the actual fight begins. ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #10 - Revan - Page 11 1289255181

She one-shot him effortlessly without Luke being able to counter or stand against her spell.

That’s because the attack downed him before he even defended himself. That’s still very impressive, but that’s not the same as actively blowing past Luke’s raw power.

Yeah, no. She has been trained as a Nightsister and still uses Nightsister Magic and teachings.

… and then the Nightsisters officially exiled her from their clan, and that this exile is recognized as legitimate by several out-of-universe sources. The fact she is "formerly of the Nightsister clan" means she is officially not a Nightsister, and thus cannot be thrown into Nightsister-only accolades.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum