Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine Empty ★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine

April 8th 2020, 8:26 am
★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine Iwj0GxJ

VOTE FOR THE #4 GREATEST STAR WARS DUELIST!

1. Luke Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
3. Yoda
4. ?

This will be a less formal version of the Top Fifteen Tournament and directed toward ranking the greatest Star Wars duelists. 

RULES

Vote for the character that would most likely defeat the next three hypothetical contenders. For example, would Anakin Skywalker be more likely to defeat Mace Windu, Palpatine, and Yoda than Yoda would be more likely to defeat Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu, and Palpatine, etc.? Characters can only physically attack and defend by way of a lightsaber and their body. Force usage is limited to establishing and enhancing durability, perceptions, physicals, senses, etc. All characters will be operating at their peak actualized iteration barring circumstantial or momentary amps. Irek Ismaren is banned, and Mace Windu is operating at his peak Episode III level. 

GUIDELINES

A thread titled "Top Ten Duelists Tournament #1" will be created. Members can vote and are welcome to debate other members to change votes. After six days, the votes will be tallied. Members will then choose between the two most voted upon characters. After four days, the winner will be ranked as #1 on our list.
[hideedit]

Last edited by Dolph on June 14th 2020, 5:59 am; edited 3 times in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine Empty Re: ★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine

April 8th 2020, 8:26 am
Mace.
Gianfi
Gianfi

★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine Empty Re: ★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine

April 8th 2020, 8:28 am
Sidious
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

April 8th 2020, 8:29 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
A Mini-Case for Kueller

Luke > Sidious:
Luke defeats the Reborn Emperor, at the height of his powers physically and in the Force, in a lightsaber duel. Luke was “too strong” for Sidious and Leia sensed in the Force that the Light Side defeated the Dark. 
★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine XiNFzKb
Dark Empire Audiodrama wrote:LEIA: Be careful, Luke! The Force is strong....they're both moving so fast, I can hardly see them....I feel waves of power....the Dark Side and the Light.....But......I feel......the Light.....is winning!!

Luke was "too strong" for the Reborn Emperor, and "struck off his hand"

★ Top Ten Duelists Tournament #4 - Palpatine CpaciWO

There is no reason to suggest his saber capabilities have decreased since Revenge of the Sith, and even if they have, his significantly heightened force augmentation nullifies any slight decrease, if any, in ability. 

Luke Growth:
Luke undergoes massive growth in power since Dark Empire, and as a result his force augmentation.

I,Jedi

The Jedi Master looked at me and I felt electricity run through his blue-eyed gaze.
When we had met before I had felt power in him, but now, after his experiences with the Emperor Reborn, his power had been redoubled. Physically he looked a bit haggard and worn, with the flesh around his eyes having tightened and wrinkles appearing at their corners. I knew we were the same age chronologically, but in experience he far surpassed me.

The Jedi Academy: Jedi Search

Luke nodded somberly. The question had been working at the back of his own mind, and he had pondered it deeply. "I can only say that we have seen these terrible examples, and we must learn from them. I myself have touched the dark side and come through stronger and more wary of its powers than ever before. I agree there is a risk, but I cannot believe the New Republic will be safer without a new force of Jedi."

Black Fleet Crisis: Before The Storm

"Once the Force was to me like a whispered voice on the wind, " Luke said, standing and looking back toward the Great Temple. "Obi-Wan taught me to hear it, and Yoda to understand it. I trained myself to hear it no matter where I was. And in my turn I taught others to hear and understand. But I have not been hearing that voice well of late, though my hearing is more acute than ever. There is too much noise. There is too much I must screen out. There are too many questions, too many demands. Everyone seems to be shouting at me. It's painful, and tiring. "

Kueller > Luke:
Luke by this point is a fair bit more powerful and skilled than the one he fought as of Dark Empire. In this fight, Kueller demonstrates superiority in sabers by use of his increasing augmentation. Click the spoiler tag for the full fight:

Spoiler:

As highlighted in red, the battle is characterized as a dramatic step-up from Luke’s final duel with Vader. This time, now a far more powerful Luke again fights “like a man possessed” with anger and a “sureness he has never felt before.” Moreover, the battle's intensity is likened to "Luke's battle with Vader," but Kueller’s mannerisms are then explicitly differentiated from “Vader’s stentorian breathing” and likened to “the Emperor’s greedy gasping" repeatedly. 

As highlighted in blue, Kueller feeds off Luke’s hatred throughout the fight, and his augmentation is progressively getting stronger. By its end, Leia believes Kueller is seemingly “invincible,” and Luke begins to “stagger” under his empowered saber blows. Luke eventually recognizes the only way he can win is if he lets himself die. 

Note that Luke is still not back to full power during this fight. However, Luke actively tries to heal these injuries as best he can, and practices Jedi exercises in preparation for the fight. Moreover, being rage-amped likely significantly nullified these handicaps, as he fought "like a man possessed" and with a "sureness he has never felt before." Take into account that Luke was "well matched" and it was "a battle of equals" when fighting Vader in Return of the Jedi, then when Luke received this same rage-amp, he stomped Vader accordingly. 

Conclusion:
- Luke was "too strong" for a peak Reborn Emperor in sabers, who is by above his RotS iteration
- Luke undergoes massive growth from DE to NR
- Kueller is "too strong" for Luke in a saber duel
- Luke still loses even with the rage amp he receives in RotJ
- Luke eventually recognizes the only way he can win is to an-hero

Mandatory Scaling Chain:
Kueller > NR Luke >> DE Luke > DE Sheev >> RotS Sheev

Kueller definitely takes this round, Vote Kueller

Last edited by EmperorCaedus on April 8th 2020, 7:35 pm; edited 6 times in total
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

April 8th 2020, 8:35 am
Mace Windu
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

April 8th 2020, 8:42 am
Soara Antana
Bart
Bart

April 8th 2020, 8:57 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
SHIMMRA
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

April 8th 2020, 9:04 am
Bart’s shimmra argument is really convincing, I’ll switch to him
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 8th 2020, 9:38 am
Cin Drallig.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

April 8th 2020, 11:06 am
Mace is good, but so are obi wan, dooku, and sheev. caedus seems appealing as of now. might for him
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

April 8th 2020, 11:13 am
Darth Sidious
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

April 8th 2020, 5:20 pm
imma change to kueller. nobody is going for caedus, so it is what it is
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 8th 2020, 5:21 pm
Sheev should be way higher, sheev
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

April 8th 2020, 5:26 pm
I've explained Kueller's direct superiority over Sheev here. There is no reason to be voting for him as of now
Arch_Sage
Arch_Sage

April 8th 2020, 8:01 pm
Mace Windu.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 9th 2020, 10:18 am
Scout takes this.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

April 9th 2020, 10:26 am
Scout
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 9th 2020, 12:18 pm
Let's please take this tourney seriously. And Palpatine.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

April 9th 2020, 12:19 pm
Sheev
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 9th 2020, 12:20 pm
Yes, after some contemplation, I've decided to back Scout.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

April 9th 2020, 3:40 pm
Scout
Reynard (Ethanion)
Reynard (Ethanion)

April 9th 2020, 7:21 pm
Scout
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 9th 2020, 7:26 pm
scout
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 9th 2020, 7:46 pm
Switching vote to Scout.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

April 9th 2020, 7:47 pm
switching to Whie
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum