Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

EoRotS Obi Wan vs. Dooku - saber duel Empty EoRotS Obi Wan vs. Dooku - saber duel

August 23rd 2019, 2:28 am
Who wins
O-Siri
O-Siri

EoRotS Obi Wan vs. Dooku - saber duel Empty Re: EoRotS Obi Wan vs. Dooku - saber duel

August 23rd 2019, 2:29 am
An impasse is Kenobi sticks entirely to defense. Dooku wins if Kenobi takes the offensive.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

EoRotS Obi Wan vs. Dooku - saber duel Empty Re: EoRotS Obi Wan vs. Dooku - saber duel

August 23rd 2019, 2:33 am
Not sure, Kenobi's defences are near impenetrable. Dooku's Makashi may perform well against it but it is easier for Kenobi to exploit Tyranus' mistakes and weaknesses due to latter's age and physical condition. Dooku is a superior combatant but if he cannot pass Kenobi's defences as quick as possible, he will be in a great disadvantage.
O-Siri
O-Siri

August 23rd 2019, 2:38 am
HellfireUnit wrote:Not sure, Kenobi's defences are near impenetrable. Dooku's Makashi may perform well against it but it is easier for Kenobi to exploit Tyranus' mistakes and weaknesses due to latter's age and physical condition. Dooku is a superior combatant but if he cannot pass Kenobi's defences as quick as possible, he will be in a great disadvantage.
The problem for Kenobi is that Dooku can revitalize himself so long as he gets a moments respite. He did just that right before he Force pushed Kenobi because the latter was focused on maintaining his defensive wall. I don't see either of them making any headway so long as they battle smartly and stick to their strengths.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 23rd 2019, 2:42 am
O-Siri wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:Not sure, Kenobi's defences are near impenetrable. Dooku's Makashi may perform well against it but it is easier for Kenobi to exploit Tyranus' mistakes and weaknesses due to latter's age and physical condition. Dooku is a superior combatant but if he cannot pass Kenobi's defences as quick as possible, he will be in a great disadvantage.
The problem for Kenobi is that Dooku can revitalize himself so long as he gets a moments respite. He did just that right before he Force pushed Kenobi because the latter was focused on maintaining his defensive wall. I don't see either of them making any headway so long as they battle smartly and stick to their strengths.

Good point.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

August 23rd 2019, 3:32 am
Actually I think Kenobi can win this. He was "deflecting and countering" Force attacks from a guy just as powerful as the one who obliterated Dooku. Letgo!Kenobi seems beyond Dooku.

Last edited by ILS on August 23rd 2019, 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 23rd 2019, 3:35 am
Yeah, he does stand a chance though I don't think he is beyond Dooku.
LOTL

August 23rd 2019, 3:36 am
He is trolling lol
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

August 23rd 2019, 3:36 am
LOTL wrote:He is trolling lol
I'm not.

Do you think Kenobi loses this?
LOTL

August 23rd 2019, 3:38 am
Since when is Kenobi matching Anakin in the force per your opinion?

Or to rephrase, Mfv=IH Anakin?

I think it can go either way
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 23rd 2019, 3:38 am
Swords, by the way do you have any comments on KF Vader vs Yoda thread below? I would love to hear them.
LOTL

August 23rd 2019, 3:39 am
I mean that is historically not your opinion
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

August 23rd 2019, 3:43 am
I didn't say that. I said he countered and deflected his Force attacks after letting go. Which is a far cry from being too slow to counter Dooku's TK. Which was the principle reason he lost in RotS.

Edit: Re: when did my opinion change: I had another read of your Kenobi vs Vader blog yesterday and bought in.
LOTL

August 23rd 2019, 3:45 am
On topic, Dooku has the technical skill and historically is one of the few characters to consistently pick apart Kenobi's technique. Yeah, this is Kenobi's best iteration, but obviously his technical base ability hasn't changed by any amount.

On the flip side, I think Kenobi's stamina, force reserves, durability is just as if not more impressive than his enemy. Especially the latter characteristics

If the duel goes on for a long time, I can see Kenobi coming out on top. On the other hand, I can see Dooku winning if he manages to get in a strike early into the battle
LOTL

August 23rd 2019, 3:46 am
ILS wrote:I didn't say that. I said he countered and deflected his Force attacks after letting go. Which is a far cry from being too slow to counter Dooku's TK. Which was the principle reason he lost in RotS.

Edit: Re: when did my opinion change: I had another read of your Kenobi vs Vader blog yesterday and bought in.

Hmm. Even my opinions are in a flux. Not sure honestly what to make of the whole thing. Especially the "Vader is on par with Yoda/Sidious" variable

If you think so, then this might fix that opinion

http://suspectinsight.forumotion.com/t91-anakin-vs-obi-wan-new-quotesmustafar-kenobi-is-prime-kenobi-confirmed

Last edited by LOTL on August 23rd 2019, 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

August 23rd 2019, 4:06 am
Kenobi
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 23rd 2019, 6:14 am
Kenobi

Level Three
Level Three

August 23rd 2019, 6:24 am
Kenobi wins, probably by outlasting Dooku
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 23rd 2019, 6:27 am
Yeah, Kenobi has a huge advantage from his physical condition and stamina. Combined with Soresu, it is a good counter for an aged Dooku. Though if Dooku was younger, I think he would have most certainly defeat Kenobi imo. My bet is on Kenobi for now.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 23rd 2019, 10:17 am
Hmm, good matchup actually. Kenobi should win by outright outlasting Dooku.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 23rd 2019, 10:59 am
Dooku.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

August 23rd 2019, 11:07 am
This will turn into a war of attrition, with Dooku being the victor in the end.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

August 23rd 2019, 12:59 pm
Kenobi
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

August 23rd 2019, 1:01 pm
Kenobi has a good shot of winning, but I'm going with Dooku
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 23rd 2019, 1:08 pm
I also change my vote to Dooku but Kenobi has a decent shot.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum