Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Shioz
Shioz

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread

September 21st 2019, 6:26 am
Does anyone have passages where Jax Pavan and Barriss Offee entered Oneness?
Gideon/Tempest
Gideon/Tempest

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread

September 22nd 2019, 10:45 am
To whatever extent any of you find Word of God valuable, this is Troy Denning and Aaron Allston regarding the challenges of writing Luke in FOTJ.

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Luke_i10

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Luke_i11
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 9:22 am
A nice Kam Solusar quote I found yesterday, which will also work as kind of a preview to my upcoming RT: 

Now considered a Jedi Master, Luke Skywalker encounters a Dark Jedi named Kam Solusar, son of a Jedi slain by Darth Vader, at the derelict space city Nespis VIII.  Kam spent years hiding from the Empire in the most remote parts of the galaxy.  When his whereabouts were discovered by a group of Dark Jedi, he was tortured and forced to embrace the Dark Side of the Force.  The reborn Emperor used him as one of his personal Dark Jedi on Byss.  When Luke first met him on Nespis VIII, Luke sensed his strength in the Force behind the Dark Side facade, and challenged Kam to a game of Lightsider, an ancient Jedi Force-game.  Luke won, and convinced Kam to return to the Light Side, and gains a new ally in the way.  Kam eventually returned to Luke, joining the Jedi candidates on Yavin 4.  He became one of Luke's most gifted apprentices, and became a full Jedi Knight several years after the death of Palpatine's clones.  (conjecture based on the Dark Empire II audio drama).

Source: Rich Handley, "Comics That Almost Were", Star Wars Galaxy Collector #4
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 21st 2020, 12:10 pm
Nice vader quotes i recently found on the essential Reader s companion:

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Img_2010
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 _2020012

he looks like thor
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

January 21st 2020, 9:04 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:Nice vader quotes i recently found on the essential Reader s companion:

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Img_2010
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 _2020012

he looks like thor
While it's neat, it's also not something Vader can ever replicate. This was after Vader had taken a plant extract that was supposed to allow him to become one with the Force for a short time.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 9:09 pm
he didnt become one. for one, thats a light sider ability, and secondly, it does nothing more than make the force user more powerful. he could very likely replicate it in his later years
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 21st 2020, 9:18 pm
i bet he could replicate this more often
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 10:04 pm
we've seen him do some lightning based attacks before. plus, its not like he cant- he can, but wont
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 21st 2020, 10:12 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:we've seen him do some lightning based attacks before. plus, its not like he cant- he can, but wont

What other times? 

Although yeah, he should have no issues calling down actual lighting from the sky if he so wants, that's like a Padawan level feat.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 10:20 pm
I'm not so sure about tfu2, but force storm is an advanced, learned ability, and not just an instinctual one. Secondly, doesn't he know kinetite or something
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 21st 2020, 10:31 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:I'm not so sure about tfu2, but force storm is an advanced, learned ability, and not just an instinctual one. Secondly, doesn't he know kinetite or something

He was only able to do Kinetite within the presence of the Kaiburr crystal supposedly, plus it's not exactly lighting but pure kinetic energy.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 11:07 pm
is that from the prison comic one, is it from a novel? i always forget
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 21st 2020, 11:12 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:is that from the prison comic one, is it from a novel? i always forget

From Splinter of the Mind's Eye.
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

January 21st 2020, 11:45 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Heavily implied that Darth Marr is an unanchored Sith spirit capable of roaming the galaxy.
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 UevrD6T

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 MC1PCla

He was capable of preserving his spirit after being killed by Valkorion and traveled to Odessen.
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 EfQ70yB
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

January 26th 2020, 11:28 am
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 S-l1600

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Annotation_2020-01-13_203114

This source appears to say that Qui-Gon is a match for Maul in skill. Does anyone have any idea what book this is?
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

January 28th 2020, 8:04 am
Question: can someone provide a quote(s) regarding the use of saberstaff? I'm pretty sure I saw a quote about how difficult it is to master...

OT, Apparently Revan beat Mandalore the Ultimate in hand-to-hand combat. Nice:

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Revan_10

The New Essential Chronology.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 28th 2020, 9:56 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@Gaunter O'Dimm Here's one:

Maul raised his own weapon, the double-bladed lightsaber, and triggered the power control. Twin lances of pure energy boiled forth, hissing and crackling in crimson loops that began and ended at the two flux apertures on either end of the device. Any Jedi Knight could wield a single-bladed lightsaber; only a master fighter could use the weapon first designed by the legendary Dark Lord Exar Kun millennia ago. Unless one was in perfect attunement with it, the weapon could be as deadly to the user as to the opponent.

Star Wars: Darth Maul - Shadow Hunter
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

February 5th 2020, 10:38 am
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Imperi10

From Dark Side Sourcebook
LOTL

February 21st 2020, 11:28 am
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Jedi_Quest_CommLink_Premier_Issue

Can anyone get these, obtain them online, else buy?
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 21st 2020, 11:33 am
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 19527810
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 13124610
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

February 21st 2020, 12:25 pm
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Picture1
The Official Star Wars Fact Files Issue 1 (2014)
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 16th 2020, 12:56 pm
Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Swi136-pg083
-- Star Wars Insider 136.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 16th 2020, 1:18 pm
I also found this quote from Star Wars Insider 137 saying that TCW S2 Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the wisest and most powerful Jedi, if it's worth anything:

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 Swi137-59

@LOTL
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 16th 2020, 3:00 pm
 some other vader quotes i find: 

"You killed her. That was good - it brought you to me."

You killed her. That was good. Vader was shocked at the grief and anger that roiled through him at his Master's words. He could easily have struck his Master down.

-- The Last Of The Jedi: Reckoning

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 HPZxyB0SL2RgiahIekUAmIid6wnPnM9eAwA03jg1oT5D1ryL6EeBUd90IJLwjj34rlFBs9tarTIM0mQiBT4vsmFfhqiUAs6f9naeAguqFcQtVJSE1KWSRkqSwEbzvg7lGwgdf-N4

Cool Versus Quotes/Scans Thread - Page 2 NXI9S8RovboOUf9tkRuZCkr9ejyj_uaR96cSmZH9_9gvONtmjzIRgMhz3oouGySNk8-vJz_B9cHp26WGxtN3muTPXm6neZziyUsFMfljXZEZCdgqnhA5UgYq3MY-iFWctwlvLcg3
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 16th 2020, 3:03 pm
SithSauce wrote:Since Vader barely gets any respect nowadays, I'll just post this...

Of all the monsters I have created, I still regard Darth Vader as something of a minor masterpiece. No, he was not an entirely alchemical creation, but he was my monster nevertheless. Even though he failed to live up to his full potential, there was much pleasure in transforming Anakin Skywalker from a bright-eyed, tousle-headed youth into the greatest Jedi killer of all time. Yes, he ultimately turned against his Master, as monsters sometimes do, but that was my fault, not his. Given the opportunity to create Vader again, I would, and with zeal.
Jedi vs Sith The Essential Guide to the force
heh vine and kmc still got huge respect fot the character
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum