Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TheMuser
TheMuser

Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS Empty Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS

March 29th 2020, 4:35 pm
Standard Rules
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS Empty Re: Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS

March 29th 2020, 4:37 pm
Kenobi, in my opinion. He put up a better fight against Mustafar Vader who is a confirmed tier 9 than Revan who is arguably below Darth Bane
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 29th 2020, 4:38 pm
The one who blocked Chosen One's blasts.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 29th 2020, 4:43 pm
i think kenobi is likely faster, stronger, more durable, possibly comparably powerful, and a better duelist.. but i think revan has hax. like, some pretty good ones too.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 29th 2020, 4:50 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i think kenobi is likely faster, stronger, more durable, possibly comparably powerful, and a better duelist.. but i think revan has hax. like, some pretty good ones too.

What hax, wanna explain?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

March 29th 2020, 4:52 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i think kenobi is likely faster, stronger, more durable, possibly comparably powerful, and a better duelist.. but i think revan has hax. like, some pretty good ones too.

What hax, wanna explain?
wrong thread lmao

he can teleport iirc, his precog is incredibly well developed, and he has drain
The Witness
The Witness

March 29th 2020, 5:11 pm
Revan stomps
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 29th 2020, 5:12 pm
Revan obliterates
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 29th 2020, 5:39 pm
Either way, leaning Kenobi
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

March 29th 2020, 5:46 pm
Kenobi would probably break his arms with a single saber swing.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

March 29th 2020, 5:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Revan defeats Kenobi with a single force attack. Can’t see Kenobi shitstomping SWTOR Voiciate with a thought.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 29th 2020, 5:54 pm
Revan after the fight of a lifetime

Last edited by The lord of hunger on March 29th 2020, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

March 29th 2020, 6:00 pm
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ wrote:Revan defeats Kenobi with a single force attack. Can’t see Kenobi shitstomping SWTOR Voiciate with a thought.

And what makes Revan's attacks stronger than MFV's?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

March 29th 2020, 6:08 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ wrote:Revan defeats Kenobi with a single force attack. Can’t see Kenobi shitstomping SWTOR Voiciate with a thought.

*Hindered MFV
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 29th 2020, 6:20 pm
Leaning Kenobi, tbh.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

March 29th 2020, 6:58 pm
Kenobi is "enormously" beneath Anakin. Note Gillard's commentary is stated to be G-Canon in SW Insider, plus he says Lucas agrees anyway. 

"Anakin becomes a level 9. George knows the levels, myself and George talked about levels and how it was. But it's more, it's not like a black belt, it's more like a Richter scale. So the difference between eight, Obi's an eight, so the difference between an eight and a nine is enormous." - ROTS DVD Commentary

https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/users/4212/12/22/43/album/anakin10.png

The linked image also states the difference between Kenobi and Anakin is "huge." Both are in reference to the final Mustafar battle. Lucas also states Kenobi cannot "compete" with Palpatine, Yoda states Palpatine would massacre Kenobi, and Palpatine insinuates Yoda is far more powerful than Kenobi.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

March 29th 2020, 7:14 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:

Well, I can put it this way: in Act 2, we have the HoT and a strike team of “the most powerful and resolute Jedi in the order” being defeated “easily” by the Emperor. A year later in Act 3, the HoT is able to fight through Kaas City and the Dark Temple (an immense focal point of dark side energy, arguably the most powerful in the galaxy) and slaughter the Voice in the throng of his power. While it is stated the Emperor is weakened, this is noted multiple times to be ”temporary,” and Scourge says that Vitiate would ”recover quickly” and ”could not be granted time to gather his power.” Keep in mind that even weakened Voiciate was powerful enough that Act 3 Scourge was incapable of ”resisting his direct influence”, and therefore felt he would be a hindrance to the Hero’s efforts. Conversely, in the Revan Novel, Revan states he ”probably” would not be capable of defeating Vitiate alone, but “with Meetra, Scourge, and T3 at his side, he believed they stood a real chance at victory.” This indicates that the Emperor as of the Novel could not dominate (an infinitely weaker and less intimate with Vitiate) Scourge in the same manner as weakened Voiciate could in SWTOR. Unfortunately, the Hero dissipated his energies” further by saving his apprentice before fighting the Emperor, giving him time to gather his power. Nevertheless, the Emperor was no match for the Hero. This is the kind of growth the Hero is capable of going through in a single year, and a testament to the unfathomable power he wields even at the ripe age of 23: power beyond any force user in history up until that point, even weakened and with dissipated reserves. 

Another year passes and the Hero faces various galactic threats far beyond Voiciate, such as Soa, the Terror From Beyond, Amped Tagriss, and the Dread Masters. Before SoR, the Hero also undergoes spiritual growth in which he comes to terms with and embraces the repressed memories he had while being a mind slave under the Emperor for 6 months: ”My memories of that time were power. That power is my weapon and my right. I claim it.” After all of this, the Hero confronts Revan with Darth Marr, Satele Shan, Lana Beniko, and a squad of elite warriors, along with fighters dropping bombs on Revan to boot. The entire team including the Hero and Marr are being ”greatly” amped by Satele’s battle meditation during this confrontation, Satele being a prodigy of battle meditation on the order of her ancestor, Bastila. Despite this, the dialogue during the course of the fight implies the battle was hard-fought and close, and the team likely would have still lost if the Hero was not also being bolstered by Revan’s spirit to resist SoR Revan’s force destruction. The implication here is that SoR Revan is wildly, absurdly  beyond a greatly amped SoR HoT on his own. 

Ultimately, you would have to prove not only that MFV is beyond a greatly amped SoR HoT (note: brief amps are not considered under the purview of most powerful quotes for a variety of reasons), but that he is absurdly beyond amped SoR HoT, and that Kenobi is close enough to MFV to close that gap (despite being an entire tier lower, his performance against Anakin having as much to do with circumstance as with his own abilities).
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

March 29th 2020, 7:15 pm
And yet Kenobi actually held his own prior to “letting go” and then from that point onwards actually took control over the fight. This doesn’t actually prove anything other than that there was a divide in the vision of Kenobi v Skywalker, which would make sense as I believe that George only proofread Stover’s novel up to a point. Thinking face emoji 

Not to mention that Gillard once again falls short when you consider that Kenobi stalemates Anakin in a Force look in the film itself:/
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

March 29th 2020, 7:25 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Kenobi is "enormously" beneath Anakin. Note Gillard's commentary is stated to be G-Canon in SW Insider, plus he says Lucas agrees anyway. 

"Anakin becomes a level 9. George knows the levels, myself and George talked about levels and how it was. But it's more, it's not like a black belt, it's more like a Richter scale. So the difference between eight, Obi's an eight, so the difference between an eight and a nine is enormous." - ROTS DVD Commentary

https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/users/4212/12/22/43/album/anakin10.png

The linked image also states the difference between Kenobi and Anakin is "huge." Both are in reference to the final Mustafar battle. Lucas also states Kenobi cannot "compete" with Palpatine, Yoda states Palpatine would massacre Kenobi, and Palpatine insinuates Yoda is far more powerful than Kenobi.
What I don't understand is after Obi Wan finds the truth about the massacre in the Temple, Yoda says Kenobi is no match for Sidious but seems to trust in his ability to face Vader who at this point is supposedly on Yoda/Sidious's level? How does that work?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 29th 2020, 7:58 pm
@Sithsauce Neither knew how powerful KFV was at this point, and it's logical the more powerful Jedi should go after Sidious.

Kenobi also knew Anakin better so would know his tactics.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

March 29th 2020, 8:11 pm
Glad Gillard confirmed Obi-Wan is the fastest, strongest and an unbeatable Jedi. 

He definitely beats Revan then.
darthbane77
darthbane77

March 29th 2020, 8:35 pm
Revan smites, wtf.
Bart
Bart

March 29th 2020, 8:50 pm
Basically, I think Obi-Wan is the superior combatant, but inferior in the Force. I honestly don't know how it would go. Kenobi wins a direct engagement, but Revan is one of the few characters that really go into Force usage in direct combat, but at the same time, I'm not sure if he can completely offset Kenobi's saber advantage with that. I really dunno.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

March 29th 2020, 9:02 pm
HeartoftheForce wrote:Glad Gillard confirmed Obi-Wan is the fastest, strongest and an unbeatable Jedi. 

He definitely beats Revan then.

What quote are you referring to?
The Witness
The Witness

March 29th 2020, 9:04 pm
Unbeatable Jedi who gets K'OD by Dooku amirite?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum