Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LOTL

Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 Empty Re: Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS

April 13th 2020, 2:45 pm
Bart wrote:Basically, I think Obi-Wan is the superior combatant, but inferior in the Force. I honestly don't know how it would go. Kenobi wins a direct engagement, but Revan is one of the few characters that really go into Force usage in direct combat, but at the same time, I'm not sure if he can completely offset Kenobi's saber advantage with that. I really dunno.

This but Revan has a significantly, or at least, noticeably better force connection. With his mastery of the force, I am pretty sure he beats Obi Wan

Obviously though, I am not of the opinion that it is that close to a stomp as some believe
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 13th 2020, 2:53 pm
Revan stomps. Act III Hero beats Obi-Wan.
LOTL

April 13th 2020, 2:57 pm
Has TOR undergone some massive growth overnight? Last I saw, the Hero was inferior to people like TPM Maul/Ventress/Savage let alone Obi Wan
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 13th 2020, 2:57 pm
I have Hero high tier 8, low tier 9. There's been a breakthrough realization. Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 2960029119
LOTL

April 13th 2020, 3:05 pm
Interesting. Atm though, I only care about putting Obi Wan above the Count, or at the very least, as a high tier 8. TOR will have to wait
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 13th 2020, 3:12 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Revan stomps. Act III Hero beats Obi-Wan.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 13th 2020, 3:39 pm
Obi-Wan beats him in sabers and loses in the Force. Don't think it's a stomp, however.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 13th 2020, 3:42 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:I have Hero high tier 8, low tier 9. There's been a breakthrough realization. Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 2960029119
I assume you still hold Revan > the Outlander?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 13th 2020, 3:46 pm
Nothing in the new model changes their relationship.
TenebrousWay
TenebrousWay

April 13th 2020, 3:53 pm
I have Act III HoT as a low-mid 8 and the Outlander as a solid 9 but I think it's kinda exaggerated to put Act III HoT as a "8 bordering 9" Mace type. I'm open for the wank, though.  Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 4037459623
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 13th 2020, 3:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@TenebrousWay: Soon you will see and your eyes will be opened. Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 4037459623
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 13th 2020, 4:10 pm
Revan and it isn't close at all
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

April 13th 2020, 5:44 pm
This is how Revan would kill Kenobi:

Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

April 13th 2020, 5:47 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Revan stomps. Act III Hero beats Obi-Wan.
LOTL

April 13th 2020, 6:15 pm
This is now legit interesting. Given my PT inclination, I have to inquire, why is the HoT of all people a "potential" tier 9? This also implies you have Revan significantly above Palpatine
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

April 15th 2020, 3:10 am
Revan will humble and destroy Obi-Wan Kenobi without breaking a sweat. This isn't due to the latter being a weakling (Obi-Wan was among the most powerful Jedi of his time), but Obi-Wan was unable to handle Count Dooku who would incorporate Force powers in his attacks with sufficient raw power to make them count, and Obi-Wan was unable to hold his ground for long while subjected to such attacks. Now Revan is an infinitely superior Force-user than Count Dooku, and even if WE assume Obi-Wan in his finest hour (i.e. mitigating a Force push from Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar), Obi-Wan will not be able to hold his ground for long against Revan given the latter's talents and actualized power.

Anakin Skywalker's problem is that he is absolutely inconsistent in his showings, and therefore difficult to judge/evaluate/predict for strictly versus themes. Depending upon his frame of mind and/or environmental factors in the mix, he was able to capitalize on his incredible raw power to achieve breakthrough when up against overwhelming odds at times, but this is far from being the norm and his failure on Mustafar is very telling. If Palpatine was in his shoes of Anakin on Mustafar, the former would have overwhelmed Obi-Wan in a short span (no ifs and buts).

So yes, Obi-Wan's fight on Mustafar is not instructive, and he is absolutely outgunned in this fight.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on April 15th 2020, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

April 15th 2020, 3:13 am
LOTL wrote:This is now legit interesting. Given my PT inclination, I have to inquire, why is the HoT of all people a "potential" tier 9? This also implies you have Revan significantly above Palpatine
TBH,

PT era cannot be scaled from anomalics of the TOR. This will lead to misleading conclusions.

Revan (SoR) is not even supposed to exist, and the level of power he wields at this stage...
Shioz
Shioz

April 15th 2020, 6:18 am
S_W_LeGenD wrote:Revan is an infinitely superior Force-user than Count Dooku
How so?
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

April 15th 2020, 10:57 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Shioz wrote:
S_W_LeGenD wrote:Revan is an infinitely superior Force-user than Count Dooku
How so?
Depends upon the "perspective."

Count Dooku's limitations were apparent when about 30 pirates surrounded him and captured him.

"But the fact remains: if he gets into a fight with thirty pirates - yes, he might kill fifteen of them - but he will be shot, and he will go down." - Dave Filoni

Count Dooku realized as much and didn't take his chances with those pirates.

Revan would have taken care of those pirates, and more.

Revan's inferior Darth Traya flattened/killed about 20 Sith assassins on a moment's notice without the need to draw a lightsaber.

Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 5471965-7598304148-9DL3z

Bear in mind that Sith assassins are Force-users themselves, and they are all trained to take on Jedi during the KoTOR times. This feat is indicative of the fact that Darth Traya would have no trouble in taking care of 30+ pirates by herself. 

Now;

"If the Exile could defeat Kreia, Revan would have an easier time of it. ;) United with the Exile, Kreia and the Exile vs. Revan? My money’s still on Revan, since in my mind, Revan was a master strategist as well as an extremely powerful Force wielder." - Chris Avellone

Imagine that.

The above is one way of drawing a comparison here. There are numerous other angles to consider.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 15th 2020, 11:02 am
Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 2864379292 Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 2864379292 Revan SOR vs Obi Wan ROTS - Page 2 2864379292
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 15th 2020, 11:11 am
@S_W_LeGenD Are you seriously using Dooku's bout with the pirates to argue against him? Remember this is from the same medium where two powerful jedi struggle against a single bounty hunter and a sith lord gets knocked down by a dog...
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 15th 2020, 11:15 am
S_W_Legend has me convinced. 30 pirates > full potential, Maul-toppling Marrok > SoR Revan >> Dooku >>>> Chad Bane > Obi-Wan.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 15th 2020, 12:01 pm
@BoD: Please do not mock new members. If you disagree, explain why.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

April 15th 2020, 1:01 pm
SithSauce wrote:@S_W_LeGenD Are you seriously using Dooku's bout with the pirates to argue against him? Remember this is from the same medium where two powerful jedi struggle against a single bounty hunter and a sith lord gets knocked down by a dog...

And how Grievous lost to gungans and struggled with Clones hand to hand.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

April 15th 2020, 3:25 pm
SithSauce wrote:@S_W_LeGenD Are you seriously using Dooku's bout with the pirates to argue against him? Remember this is from the same medium where two powerful jedi struggle against a single bounty hunter and a sith lord gets knocked down by a dog...

The argument was about Revan being an infinitely superior Force-user than Count Dooku.

Count Dooku versus Pirates led by Hondo was a situation in which Count Dooku did not had access to a lightsaber; this was a situation in which Count Dooku could do something with his Force powers but he realized that he would be shot and killed. So what should I make of this?

LIMITATIONS, my friend.

To refresh your memory:

You can clearly see that Count Dooku is not lacking in Force powers (i.e. his cave-related showing early on), but his LIMITATIONS are apparent when he is surrounded by dozens of pirates, and does not have the option to use a lightsaber. He might have stood a chance against these pirates otherwise. This source doesn't nurf Count Dooku but show that he wasn't in control of every situation which is a realistic take for him and countless Force-users throughout history.

Revan being the superior Force-user, could have flattened those pirates with a powerful wave of energy without even lifting a finger; Revan used this technique to break free from Vitiate's telepathic assault, sending the latter packing across the hall; never seen anybody even momentarily overwhelm Vitiate to this extent throughout history). Revan could proceed to finish off the remainder in so many ways without even drawing his lightsaber.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum