Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Is there a link between a being's Force power and being able to hide themselves in the Force? Empty Is there a link between a being's Force power and being able to hide themselves in the Force?

December 2nd 2019, 5:39 pm
For example, say a random Force user managed to hide themselves from Palpatine's awareness when he was looking for them, how powerful would they have to be to do that?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Is there a link between a being's Force power and being able to hide themselves in the Force? Empty Re: Is there a link between a being's Force power and being able to hide themselves in the Force?

December 2nd 2019, 5:43 pm
i dont think so? but i think sensing does? for example, no jedi could sense palpatine was a dark sider, but dooku could, somehow. im sure if yoda tried hard like Dooku did, he also couldve, but obi wan, anakin, and mace windu never could.

there are obvious spells and shit to hide urself in/from the force too, so there's that
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Is there a link between a being's Force power and being able to hide themselves in the Force? Empty Re: Is there a link between a being's Force power and being able to hide themselves in the Force?

December 2nd 2019, 5:57 pm
I think it is. In the Plagueis novel, Palpatine hid his force signature from Damask, and Damask looked into Palpatine further to figure him out, but all he could sense is emptiness, and when Plagueis found out, he was shocked and impressed that he could do that with little to no training. So pretty much it is, imo.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 3rd 2019, 4:50 am
@Azronger @DarthAnt66 You two seem to know a lot more about measurements of power. Would you say that this is one?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

December 3rd 2019, 9:22 am
Zannah managed to hide her signature from Jedi when she was stood right next to them. Plagueis was able to do the same. I think it boils down to self control as opposed to raw power in most cases, though Anakin and Wankatine are anomalies.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 3rd 2019, 9:41 am
Plagueis and Qui Gon met on many occasions. Qui Gon has never suspected a thing.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 3rd 2019, 9:42 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
It's actually inversely proportional. The more powerful the Force-user, the greater reverberations they cause in the psychic fabric. Someone like Yoda would have a harder time of concealing himself than, let's say, Ferus Olin. This is the reason why he chose to hide on Dagobah: the dark side nexus there would neutralize his light side aura.

Of course Palpatine himself is an exception. He has an innately opaque Force signature that Plagueis theorized was the result of him being so powerful that the Force kind of concealed itself, analogous to how a bloated sun collapses in on itself and turns into a black hole.

December 3rd 2019, 9:43 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i dont think so? but i think sensing does? for example, no jedi could sense palpatine was a dark sider, but dooku could, somehow. im sure if yoda tried hard like Dooku did, he also couldve, but obi wan, anakin, and mace windu never could.

there are obvious spells and shit to hide urself in/from the force too, so there's that

Dooku couldn't sense Sidious was a darksider. He couldn't sense anything at all in Sidious, just a void.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 3rd 2019, 9:46 am
EmperorCaedus wrote:I think it is. In the Plagueis novel, Palpatine hid his force signature from Damask, and Damask looked into Palpatine further to figure him out, but all he could sense is emptiness, and when Plagueis found out, he was shocked and impressed that he could do that with little to no training. So pretty much it is, imo.

It was Tenebrous who peered into the future, not Plagueis. In it he saw Sidious as nothing but a shadow.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 3rd 2019, 10:12 am
Azronger wrote:
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i dont think so? but i think sensing does? for example, no jedi could sense palpatine was a dark sider, but dooku could, somehow. im sure if yoda tried hard like Dooku did, he also couldve, but obi wan, anakin, and mace windu never could.

Dooku couldn't sense Sidious was a darksider. He couldn't sense anything at all in Sidious, just a void.
i believe that he very clearly sensed him in the ROTS novel, but i could be wrong.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

December 3rd 2019, 11:14 am
Not at all,for example  Caedus has been able to repeatedly hide himself in the force from Luke (even hide Lumiya while Luke was physically there) but he’s nowhere near his uncle in power.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 3rd 2019, 11:30 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:
Azronger wrote:

i believe that he very clearly sensed him in the ROTS novel, but i could be wrong.

Dooku merely felt the void within Sidious when he attempted to get a feel for his Force signature.

Now the scene below subtly altered, though to the physical eye there was no change. Powered by the dark side, Dooku’s perception took the measure of those below him with exhilarating precision.

Kenobi was luminous, a transparent being, a window onto a sunlit meadow of the Force.

Skywalker was a storm cloud, flickering with dangerous lightning, building the rotation that threatens a tornado.

And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness.

A black hole of the Force.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith novelization
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 3rd 2019, 11:54 am
i always thought that when he said 'darkness beyond darkness' and 'beyond power', he was talking about his actual powers. interesting tho.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 3rd 2019, 3:50 pm
@Azronger So if I said Vader once apparently hid his presence from Sidious in the Force despite Sheev actively looking for him physically (and thus most likely for his location with the Force), what would that say about Vader?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 3rd 2019, 3:59 pm
i would say its about skill, imo. vader is said to be a master of the dark many, many, many times over, once called THE master alongside sheev. its impressive of course, but i dont think it reflects his power
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 4th 2019, 5:41 am
BreakofDawn wrote:@Azronger So if I said Vader once apparently hid his presence from Sidious in the Force despite Sheev actively looking for him physically (and thus most likely for his location with the Force), what would that say about Vader?

That he's able to hide from the Emperor under those circumstances. I'm not sure how you'd translate that to power or any other ability.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum