Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

Star Wars Tournament: Top 50 Most Powerful Force Users: Continuation  - Page 8 Empty Re: Star Wars Tournament: Top 50 Most Powerful Force Users: Continuation

June 5th 2019, 8:12 am
zallow
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Star Wars Tournament: Top 50 Most Powerful Force Users: Continuation  - Page 8 Empty Re: Star Wars Tournament: Top 50 Most Powerful Force Users: Continuation

June 5th 2019, 9:56 am
Vergere
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 5th 2019, 10:52 am
I like how ISV is still voting for Vergere but hasn't given a single impressive feat for her.

Anyway, Zallow wins.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 5th 2019, 11:58 am
Zallow slaughters her.
Mithrandi
Mithrandi

June 5th 2019, 5:45 pm
Zallow. Mostly because it's unclear how good a combatant Vergere is. She has great speed, great hacks and great knowledge. But we've never seen her carry herself in a direct fight. Nice fight, though.
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 9th 2019, 8:41 am
Ven Zallow beats Vergere

Next match:

Vestara Khai vs Viun Gaalan

Gᴏᴀᴛ
Gᴏᴀᴛ

June 9th 2019, 8:46 am
Gaalan stomps.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

June 9th 2019, 8:50 am
Gᴏᴀᴛ wrote:Gaalan stomps.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 9th 2019, 8:51 am
Galaan. I’ll make an argument, but only if someone is interested.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 9th 2019, 9:17 am
Gaalan wrecks.
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 9th 2019, 9:18 am
Is there any direct comparison of power between them? Just curious as someone who hasn't read FotJ.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 9th 2019, 9:23 am
Kilius wrote:Is there any direct comparison of power between them? Just curious as someone who hasn't read FotJ.
I’ll respond you soon
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

June 9th 2019, 9:55 am
mastercilghal wrote:Galaan. I’ll make an argument, but only if someone is interested.
I'm interrested. I think that prime Vestara can win...
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 9th 2019, 10:02 am
^^^

Pure memes.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 9th 2019, 10:09 am
Galaan.

Also, don't say Xolthol's arguments are "pure memes". I'm sure they will put out a good case which will proove Vestara can win. While I'm siding with Galaan, for now, I'm certainly interrested to see what discussion this matchup provokes.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 9th 2019, 10:46 am
@Kilius@Xolthol i’ll use scaling from abyss, allies and backlash 
First of all, Luke notes that Galaan would have beaten him had the fight taken place on sinkhole station, where he was extremely weakened from weeks of mind-walking:

Fate of the Jedi: Backlash wrote:Gaalan struck at Luke, high, low, a series of subtle and sophisticated blows that would have bewildered any lesser duelist. He was good; Luke gave him that. He might have been a match for an expert swordsmaster such as Kyp or Kyle Katarn. He would have been too much for a comparatively diffident duelist such as Cilghal, or even Luke as he had been back at Sinkhole Station, at low ebb in physical and mental strength.
But Luke, despite recent exertions, had had time to recover. He parried each of Gaalan's blows, and his ripostes-his blade skittering off Gaalan's and thrusting now at the Sith Lord's face, now at shoulder or knee or torso-came increasingly close to touching flesh.
Luke smiled at the man.
This kind of description points to Galaan being able to beat Luke solidly, especially considering that he adds Cilghal to the comparison, who is way below someone like Katarn or Kyp. 
As such Galaan>>sinkhole station Luke. Later he even menages to counter Luke’s power, who was trying to hold the ship. 

Now, Let’s examine Luke’s fight with Vestara and her master (lady Rhea) on sinkhole station: 

Spoiler:

Before examining the fight itself, i’d like to note that Luke was at his absolute limits here:in fact not only did the mind walking leave him drained, but  he had also been fighting for some time and he was bleeding from previous injuries. 
Interestingly enough, he is still good enough to defeat Vestara just by using a blaster pistol, shooting too fast for her to block. That’s proof he can deal with her pretty easily. By contrast, Lady Rhea is the only one of the two that actually challenges Luke , yet he notes how he is sure that sooner or later she would make a mistake. And not just this, but Luke also menages to keep Rhea trapped with the force, indicating his clear superiority over her. Ultimately, Rhea is beaten through trickery, but it it pretty clear to me Luke is her superior even in that weakened state. 
Overall we have :Galaan>>Sinkhole station Luke>Lady rhea>>Vestara.
Of course Vestara went through a power growth, but nothing indicates she became massively more powerful , especially considering that her legends prime is like a year later.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

June 9th 2019, 11:32 am
@mastercilghal: I will respoond to this after I respond to you in our SS.

@The Cosmic Force wrote:don't say Xolthol's arguments are "pure memes". I'm sure they will put out a good case which will proove Vestara can win.
Thanks you.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 9th 2019, 11:41 am
xolthol wrote:@mastercilghal: I will respoond to this after I respond to you in our SS.

@The Cosmic Force wrote:don't say Xolthol's arguments are "pure memes". I'm sure they will put out a good case which will proove Vestara can win.
Thanks you.

Yours welcome.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 9th 2019, 11:43 am
@Xolthol very well
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 11th 2019, 9:05 am
@Xolthol

Do you still want to make a case for Vestara or should we move on to voting?
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

June 11th 2019, 9:57 am
@killius if you can wait until the end of the week yes.
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 11th 2019, 10:02 am
xolthol wrote:@killius if you can wait until the end of the week yes.

No problem.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

June 15th 2019, 6:50 am
@Kilius: I'm still pretty busy tbh. I'm not sure I can provide you anything before the end of the week. I will try but absolutely not sure.
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 15th 2019, 1:15 pm
xolthol wrote:@Kilius: I'm still pretty busy tbh. I'm not sure I can provide you anything before the end of the week. I will try but absolutely not sure.

If you still intend to make a case we can hold on as long as you need.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

June 15th 2019, 1:45 pm
Kilius wrote:
If you still intend to make a case we can hold on as long as you need.

I still want to make the case but I didn't know when I will have enough time to do it. I thank you for waiting.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum