Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

How powerful are the Knights of Ren? (RoS spoilers) Empty How powerful are the Knights of Ren? (RoS spoilers)

December 22nd 2019, 3:34 pm
Where would you guys place the Knights of Ren power-wise? The RoS Visual Dictionary describes them as "Force sensitive, but to a stunted degree. In past generations, they would have been perfect stock to become Imperial Inquisitors--if they could be tamed". 

Does this mean KoR ~ Inquisitors, or would they require more training to reach that level? We know Inquisitors were former Jedi, including some Jedi Masters, and one of them is known to have hunted and killed four Jedi in the Anoat sector. On the other hand, Charles Soule, who is fleshing out the KoR in The Rise of Kylo Ren, said "[the KoR] can all use the Force, the dark side of the Force, to varying degrees. They're not as powerful as a Jedi or a Sith, but they use it when they fight". 

So, what to make of this? I think it might be a relevant discussion, considering Ben Solo seemed to have an easier time fodderizing the KoR than Anakin ever did vs MagnaGuards (which in turn are able to compete with Jedi Knights).
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

How powerful are the Knights of Ren? (RoS spoilers) Empty Re: How powerful are the Knights of Ren? (RoS spoilers)

December 22nd 2019, 3:37 pm
Might be padawan level. By stock, it means that they would have then undergone the training they'd need to become inquisitors, not that they are inquisitor level as they are.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

How powerful are the Knights of Ren? (RoS spoilers) Empty Re: How powerful are the Knights of Ren? (RoS spoilers)

December 22nd 2019, 3:41 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Might be padawan level. By stock, it means that they would have then undergone the training they'd need to become inquisitors, not that they are inquisitor level as they are.
That's what I was thinking tbh, but I can see an argument made otherwise.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 22nd 2019, 3:47 pm
Yeah same, but their only feats are beating the kriff out of an unarmed Ben then getting their arses handed to them when he summoned Anakin's lightsaber. They're pretty difficult to judge.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 22nd 2019, 9:03 pm
The quote doesn't say anything about further training to become Inquisitors but rather taming them, which I think suggests further refinement and honing of their already Inquisitor level abilities, not necessarily further tutoring in the ways of the DS.

Last edited by DC77 (Reborn) on March 1st 2020, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
winebottle
winebottle

December 24th 2019, 12:29 pm
They’re fodder
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

December 24th 2019, 5:43 pm
There’s no reason to believe they’re superior to the Inquisitors. I’d say they’re more-or-less as competent as an unremarkable Jedi Palawan.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum