Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

(READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 4 Empty Re: (READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT

December 25th 2019, 7:22 pm
He won't colonize your lands, fear not.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

(READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 4 Empty Re: (READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT

December 25th 2019, 7:27 pm
No
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 7:30 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
HellfireUnit wrote:He won't colonize your lands, fear not.
*God save the Queen intensifies*
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

December 25th 2019, 8:58 pm
Lmao
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

December 26th 2019, 4:18 am
ISV wrote:Kharys isn't nearly as impressive and I don't think we can really class her as a full trained apprentice. Kharys had her hide handed to her by an untrained luke skywalker in the air which was her domain. Vader granted a portion of his lower to Kharys, but she just doesn't live up to the hype. Flint on the other hand matched luke beat for beat as of rotj for a little while, a MUCH better feat imo
I'm not saying Flint isn't impressive. But Kharys is still an apprentice of Vader. He trained her in Form VII, arguably the most advanced lightsaber form. He also taught her a rare, obscure Sith ritual, as well as Force stun. Not to mention Vader basically lets Kharys rule an entirely planet. Meanwhile, Flint had been trained for Vader for only a few months. He made a shocking amount of progress during that training, being able to hold his own against Luke, but we don't see him do much aside from lightsaber combat and very, very basic TK to throw a rock at Luke.

Also, Luke was solidly losing to Kharys. During the actual battle itself, Luke is totally outmatched and tries to put space between them to buy time.

'She's--good! And worse, I've got to worry about her wings and foot claws, as well as that saber.'

'Ben Kenobi hardly had any time to train me how to use this thing...

... Before Darth Vader killed him.

But it's obvious Kharys has been using lightsabers all her life!'

'I need... Breathing space...

Hit full-rise on my anti-grav belt. It'll take me out of her reach, buy me some time.'

Kharys also pulls off a successful Force stun, which takes "all the power of [Luke's] will" to break free from. Even with him free, he only wins through deceiving Kharys into believing he's still stunned.

It's the Force! She's using it to dull my wits, make me an easy, helpless target. And here she comes to finish the job!

'No more fancy movies--my head's still pretty muddled. I can't afford to split my concentration.'

Grimly, almost desperately--Luke Skywalker focuses all the power of his will.

He wants only one thing--to move. He tries. He fails. With the battle cry of her ancient, avian race... ...Kharys dives for the kill. 

But at the last instant--impossibly--the attack is checked! Her saber glances off Luke's and before her startled mind is even aware of what's happening, the matriarch is dead.

'It took everything I had to pretend I was still frozen--but I had to decoy her in close. I had to be sure I wouldn't miss.'

So I wouldn't say Kharys got her "hide handed to her" in this fight. Luke won through deception and his innate raw power allowing him to shake off Kharys' psychic attack. He basically outright admitted his inferiority to Kharys. By this point in the timeline, Luke has also bested Baron Tagge once, and in the very next issue, he defeats Tagge more legitimately. So despite Luke's relative lack of training, he's still somewhat impressive. Luke's first showdown against Tagge shows us just how advanced Luke is by this point.

"Your reflexes are excellent... You show some skill... But your technique is primitive. Almost nonexistent. A talented amateur... With the benefit of only a few lessons.

And Tagge lunges... A sure killing lunge... ... That somehow is not.

Reactions honed in countless hours of practice and training save the baron...

But suddenly he realizes a much different battle is being fought that the one he began...

... And to win that battle, even with all his considerable skill....

He must fight for his life!

Yet for every stunning attack and counter attack pattern Tagge launches... The boy's light blade is there!

Luke's strokes are awkward... Unorthodox... Coming from no training principles or fighting systems the baron has ever encountered...

... And his mind seems focused on something beyond the combat. For the first time since he achieved mastery of the lightsaber... Baron Tagge feels the need to give ground!

"... H-he didn't kill me...! Didn't... need to...! Controlled stroke so perfectly... Destroyed my cyber-vision... Without harming me...! He... Was that good...! Th-that... Good...!"

This level of advanced performance carries over to his second duel against Tagge, where he quickly lands a devastating strike on Tagge, then a fatal thrust when Tagge attempted to rally and strike Luke down. 

So basically, Kharys>Luke>Tagge, who is repeatedly described as having mastered lightsaber combat.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

December 26th 2019, 4:29 am
Well you convinced me I'll have to add Kharys to my list of Vader's apprentices. Now as for Kharys if you like her I believe she appears in a TCW novel where she meets Anakin, you may find further wank for here there friend
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

December 26th 2019, 4:32 am
I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Honestly, I'm mostly just a fan of the old Marvel comics. They're so ridiculously corny, but really entertaining.
LOTL

December 30th 2019, 6:19 am
Is anything going to be done on this?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 30th 2019, 9:12 am
@LOTL Deadlines are approaching for uni so it's been delayed.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 30th 2019, 1:49 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:@LOTL Deadlines are approaching for uni so it's been delayed.
your go to university?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 30th 2019, 1:53 pm
Yup.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 30th 2019, 2:03 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Yup.
:0
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 30th 2019, 2:04 pm
Not sure why that's such a surprise, lol.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 30th 2019, 3:49 pm
He is saying that u not smart enough to go
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 30th 2019, 3:54 pm
I mean, he's not wrong.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

December 30th 2019, 4:46 pm
Isv wrote:I believe she appears in a TCW novel where she meets Anakin,

My all time favorite Star Wars novel bar perhaps ROTS adult novel. (READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 4 1289255181
The Witness
The Witness

December 30th 2019, 4:49 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:

My all time favorite Star Wars novel bar perhaps ROTS adult novel. (READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 4 1289255181
Adult novel?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 30th 2019, 4:50 pm
The Witness wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Adult novel?
adult novel????
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 30th 2019, 4:57 pm
literotica, people. literotica
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

December 30th 2019, 6:06 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Which novel is it?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 30th 2019, 6:12 pm
@Underachiever599 Aliens in the Empire, if I'm not wrong.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 31st 2019, 1:09 am
Just a reque, but would u ever do Vader vs Anya kuro?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

December 31st 2019, 2:39 am
The Witness wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Adult novel?

The one Stover wrote. In contrast to the junior novel.

Underachiever599 wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Which novel is it?

Skyewalkers. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/SkyeWalkers:_A_Clone_Wars_Story
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

December 31st 2019, 2:41 am
Thanks! I'll give that one a read
The Witness
The Witness

December 31st 2019, 8:11 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:
The Witness wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Adult novel?

The one Stover wrote. In contrast to the junior novel.

Underachiever599 wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:

Which novel is it?

Skyewalkers. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/SkyeWalkers:_A_Clone_Wars_Story
I agree Matthew Stover's ROTS novel is great, though one thing I found stupid about it was he made Dooku a xenophobic against aliens for whatever reason?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum