Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

(READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 2 Empty Re: (READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT

Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:18 am
The Witness wrote:Atleast we got someone here who doesn't suck up to Ant just because "he is the best debater, and he say's Vader is kriff so you have to believe him"

Yeah man, people don't have Vader super high, they're obviously sucking up to Ant. What other explanation could there be? Maybe Vader just isn't that great? Wait, no, that's perposterous.

Last edited by DC77 (Reborn) on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

(READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 2 Empty Re: (READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT

Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:46 am
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:
The Witness wrote:Atleast we got someone here who doesn't suck up to Ant just because "he is the best debater, and he say's Vader is kriff so you have to believe him"

Yeah man, people don't have Vader super high, they're obviously sucking up to Ant. What other explanation could there be Maybe Vader just isn't that great? Wait, no, that's perposterous.
19/18 BBY Vader has feats like ragdolling Jedi masters, effortlessly chucking around starships and casually manipulating unstable energy waves capable of annihilating entire planets. All of these were performed before his massive growth upon killing Roan Shryne, and long before his massive growth by ESB.

That's not to mention characters like Sheev having clear respect for his power, as well as his scaling against characters like Celeste Morne, Roan Shryne (sabers), and Starkiller. 

Claiming he "just isn't that great" is honestly laughable.

While I don't think people are sucking up to Ant (at all, actually), Ant has a huge amount of influence on the board, to the point that if he says something it usually leads to people agreeing. That of course is not his fault, and he deserves that respect, but that doesn't mean that everything he says is automatically fact.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:58 am
(READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 2 1289255181 Yeah, it's also honestly laughable that people still like scaling Vader to Starkiller, when that kriff has been dead since 2018.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:59 am
The Apprentice wrote:(READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 2 1289255181 Yeah, it's also honestly laughable that people still like scaling Vader to Starkiller, when that kriff has been dead since 2018.
Lol.
LOTL

Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:11 pm
The Apprentice wrote:(READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 2 1289255181 Yeah, it's also honestly laughable that people still like scaling Vader to Starkiller, when that kriff has been dead since 2018.

The scaling is still quite legit though.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:44 pm
LOTL!!!!!!!!!
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:11 pm
LOTL wrote:

The scaling is still quite legit though.

(READ OP) Battle misconceptions: Darth Vader (Legends) - DEFUNCT  - Page 2 1668617588 Debate me.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:23 pm
PeraltaEagle45 wrote:Most of this has already been debunked lol, you're just regurgitating old arguments.

Spoiler:
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:50 am
MasterCilghal wrote:
PeraltaEagle45 wrote:Most of this has already been debunked lol, you're just regurgitating old arguments.

Spoiler:
Cheers. Interesting that Peralta apparently deleted that.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:48 am
BreakofDawn wrote:
MasterCilghal wrote:

Spoiler:
Cheers. Interesting that Peralta apparently deleted that.
That post kinda became a meme lol
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:48 am
Ah, that explains it lol.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:12 am
@breakofdawn i finished my 'skill with the force' section, if it makes any difference.
The Witness
The Witness

Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:41 am
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:

Yeah man, people don't have Vader super high, they're obviously sucking up to Ant. What other explanation could there be? Maybe Vader just isn't that great? Wait, no, that's perposterous.
Well Ant does have a big influence on this forum. That's the reason why you'll never find a single user here who doesn't have Revan on a pedestal. There is also proof that the same users who once supported Vader before Ant said his piece are now the ones drastically lowballing him for bandwagon sake. Sure it's ok to change your opinion. But to "naturaly" go from saying "Vader is a tier 8, and is up there with the likes of Dooku" to "Vader is now sub TPM Kenobi" is just autistic af. And Vader isn't the only victim of this.
Exar Kun and Darth Bane who were once viewed highly by users, are now treated like trash these days. All because of bandwagoning.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:10 am
@“The Witness” Well, that’s absolutely wrong. While ant has a massive influence on the forum, most people don’t have Revan on a pedestal, he’s just been raised in general. The Malak quote and Banite downscaling are what lowered Kun and Bane, not Ant. And most of the Vader < Tpm kenobi is either trolling, or completely independent from ant. For example, I’m a massive Revanite, but I hold Vader at Savage/Maul level.
The Witness
The Witness

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:22 am
Vader being Maul level makes sense. But Savage has already shown to be massively below Maul. Completely baffled as to why you think he is on Maul's level?
The Witness
The Witness

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:24 am
Also I never implied that Ant is the reason Bane and Kun are downplayed too.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:46 am
@breakofdawn i collected some info on my speed section about Luke's and Vader's fight. U might want to look at it.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:08 am
Savage and Maul are equals by The Lawless. Savage fares better than Maul against Sidious.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:59 am
Savage is the first 1 to get removed from the fight and gets killed a lot more easily 1V1. How the kark does he do better again?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:05 am
Sheev was also getting tired. He's a 60+ year old who doesn't have unlimited stamina or the energy to fight overly long duels, it's only natural that as he toyed with them it still tired him. Even then, he still pretty effortlessly stomped Savage.
The Witness
The Witness

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:09 am
IdrisianGraecus wrote: Savage and Maul are equals by The Lawless. Savage fares better than Maul against Sidious.
Except he doesn't. Savage got thrashed during the fight. His last words before he dies were "brother I'm an unworthy apprentice, I wasn't like you I never was". So even Savage himself admits inferiority to Maul. And lets not forget Maul stomping the kriff out of him in Arrival.
Again I am baffled as to how you came to that conclusion.

Last edited by The Witness on Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:11 am
Savage did very well, he got danced around by an unarmed Sheev. He completely destroys Maul because of this imo.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:15 am
The Witness wrote:
IdrisianGraecus wrote: Savage and Maul are equals by The Lawless. Savage fares better than Maul against Sidious.
Except he doesn't. Savage got thrashed during the fight. His last words before he dies were "brother I'm an unworthy apprentice, I wasn't like you I never was". So even Savage himself admits inferiority to Maul. And lets not forget Maul stomping the kriff out of him in Arrival.
Again I am baffled as to how you came to that conclusion.
To be fair, he did just get two lightsabers to the chest and was dying while Maul was still alive. I wouldn't take this as proof Maul > Savage. But yeah, Maul's experience and discipline makes him > Savage.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:26 am
I was referring to in power. Maul’s martial skill is >. But the brothers grew massively since arrival. Using that is like using ESB Luke vs. Vader to say ROTJ Luke < Vader.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:50 am
The Apprentice wrote:Also, I starred your post.
Oi, as a matter of fact I like reading the same thing typed out multiple times, so there.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum