Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Anime Rey
Anime Rey

ROTJ Luke vs A'Sharad Hett Empty ROTJ Luke vs A'Sharad Hett

September 11th 2019, 3:40 pm
Who would win?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

ROTJ Luke vs A'Sharad Hett Empty Re: ROTJ Luke vs A'Sharad Hett

September 11th 2019, 3:45 pm
Luke waves. His being above Vader is >>> Losing to post ROTS Kenobi with almost every conceivable advantage.

Last edited by IdrisianGraecus on September 12th 2019, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 11th 2019, 3:48 pm
Luke wins. I think Vader and Kenobi are pretty comparable and Luke is = Vader, whereas Hett while close is still decisively inferior to Kenobi.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

September 11th 2019, 4:12 pm
I think Kenobi post-Mustafar is a definitively above Vader. Hett did very well against this Kenobi. Luke mostly stalemated Vader but pummelled him with circumstantial rage.

This mostly depends on how much power Luke can bring to bear. Hett is a very skilled fighter even at this early stage but Luke's natural talent is far greater. 

I think I like Hett. He has a fairly brutal and weird style for Luke to deal with so early on. He could end the fight quickly in a way where Luke doesn't have time to be mentally psyched up. Just trying to consider this from a story PoV.

I also think the "shadow of former selves" and "broken half machine men, old men and half-trained boys" stuff while a bit dated is still fairly compelling.
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

September 11th 2019, 10:07 pm
From what I remember of the fight, I don't think Hett was really close to post-RotS Obi Wan at all; Obi Wan defeats him quickly when he gets serious.

ROTJ Luke vs A'Sharad Hett SaeC5lk
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

September 11th 2019, 10:45 pm
Hett is ~ RotS Kenobi. Luke is > RotJ Vader. RotS Kenobi>>RotJ Vader. Hett wins.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 12th 2019, 1:55 am
Hett’s straight trash, had every conceivable advantage in his corner and still got one-shotted
Shioz
Shioz

September 12th 2019, 5:31 am
Luke.

upd: I keep RotJ Vader above Kenobi, and based on Luke's speeches against Vader, I think he can handle Hett.

Last edited by Shioz on September 12th 2019, 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

September 12th 2019, 7:21 am
Kenobi was always serious about winning. I don't know of a quote suggesting he wasn't?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 12th 2019, 8:08 am
It’s not a matter of being serious about winning, it’s about how much effort he put into defeating Hett. There were no stakes at hand that would give Kenobi reason to really put the effort in (until the end of the fight), in the same way that there were against, say, Skywalker or Grievous. On the other hand, Hett was fighting for his place in the tribe, for his place in civilisation. This was a fight that Hett couldn’t even fathom losing. Then you’ve got all of the environmental advantage shit and it’s impossible to make a case for Hett challenging a serious Kenobi.

Like look at the evidence Kenobi literally goes from 0 to 100 in seconds and Hett gets swept aside lightwork
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 12th 2019, 8:25 am
@DC77 (Reborn) @Meatpants @IdrisianGraecus @Shioz The new rules dictate you must give reasons in threads created by a new user. You have 24 hours to give reasons or your posts will be deleted.

Level Five
Level Five

September 12th 2019, 9:40 am
Kenobi sought out Hett because he was killing innocents. Correct me if I'm wrong but a similarly general but nonetheless altruistic motivator is what led the same guy to nearly disintegrating his body running faster than anyone had in history.

Hett straight up told him that he was going to give him a Jedi funeral, so at minimum, Kenobi's life is at stake. Go ahead and spell out for me what super important stakes are at play in all of Kenobi's other fights against Grievous, Ventress, Maul, Vader, etc, where we don't assume he's holding back until the very second a certain thought pops into his head, which was not at play with the Hett fight. If you are feeling extra ambitious come back with an actual citation instead of conjecture and warm fuzzy feelings.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 12th 2019, 10:12 am
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
He sought out Hett, yes, but this is not a reason for Obi-Wan to go all-out, as the stakes pale in comparison to those presented towards the end of the CW, for example. The stakes were higher in his fight with Grievous because the continuation of the war rested on the result of that fight lol, didn't think I needed to spell that out for you but as you’ve so readily proven you’re bordering on severe gay disease. Kenobi’s motivations for defeating Vader on Mustafar don’t need explaining either. Kenobi wanted to stop Hett from killing others, and saw that Hett was a broken Jedi. Kenobi was not looking to kill Hett. He was looking to stop him. 

Hett’s motivations are so much more dire. His relationship with the Tusken people rests on the outcome of this fight. They are his people, and they look to him as their leader. If he falls to Kenobi, he’ll be rejected, which he was lol. His reasons for killing Kenobi, who’s standing in the way of his quest to exact revenge on the locals who have been killing Tuskens, his people, are simply higher than Kenobi’s own motivations. Kenobi’s motivations stem from justice, Hett’s are for vengeance. There’s no comparison to be made.

You can’t compare the speed feat to this one either lol. Kenobi and Luke were being chased lol, the threat was immediate. Hett could have been a threat to Luke, so Kenobi put his foot down and fucked him up the moment he realised this. Not difficult to understand, my child. It’s on you to prove otherwise
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 12th 2019, 11:38 am
Hett’s (admittedly impressive) performance against Kenobi seems clearly riddled with circumstances (environmental advantage, motivational disparities). Luke’s parity/superiority to Vader impresses me more, so I’ll go with him in a close fight.
LOTL

September 12th 2019, 11:48 am
Hett caused noticeable difficulty to Kenobi in terms of blocking strikes so in any case, there is a measure of parity between the two. I agree that Kenobi is significantly better but the gap is not vast or anything
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 12th 2019, 11:57 am
@CuckedCurry Warning for insulting another member. Next up is a one-day ban.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

September 12th 2019, 11:59 am
I mean, that’s not particularly true. We’ve seen Kenobi have difficulties and even have defensive lapses in his guard before when he has not gone all-out, such as when a magnaguard managed to land a hit on his leg on the IH, or when he was struck by that lightwhip in Obsession. Kenobi’s defence is connection related, not skill related. If he’s not going all-out then his defence will not be optimal.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

September 12th 2019, 12:20 pm
Regardless of whether Hett was initially giving Kenobi issues, the fact that Kenobi can simply decide to up his game like that shows considerable superiority when he's serious. With that said I'd back Luke in a difficult fight due to his parity with Vader.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

September 12th 2019, 12:38 pm
The fallacy here is in thinking that Kenobi suddenly "upped his game" rather than just ultimately winning.
dark_globe
dark_globe

September 12th 2019, 12:43 pm
hett even with circumstantional advantages was no real match for kenobi .

base RoTJ luke is slightly below vader and RoTS kenobi but he is in the same tier ,
enraged luke can beat either of them though .

considering this scaling luke wins after a decent fight and he wins every time .
RoTJ luke abusing the dark side wins in few seconds .
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 12th 2019, 12:56 pm
Luke for sure
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 12th 2019, 12:59 pm
Luke’s parity with ROTJ Vader impresses me more than Hett giving a solid, albeit not too great fight to post-exile Kenobi.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 12th 2019, 6:28 pm
Kenobi was willing to do whatever was necessary to stop Krayt because he and his clan were going to slaughter Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru and the infant Luke. He was going all-out but he was hampered by the uneven terrain and his reluctance to do physical damage rather than just disarm.

OT: Luke in a decent fight. His relative parity with Vader even at his base level >> anything Krayt has done in sabers.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on September 13th 2019, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

September 13th 2019, 7:21 am
Luke because of his parity with RotJ Vader.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 13th 2019, 7:59 am
@SithSauce @BreakofDawn The new rules dictate you must give reasons in threads created by a new user. You have 24 hours to give reasons or your posts will be deleted.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum