Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Favorite fight scenes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite fight scenes?

September 18th 2019, 12:15 pm
O-Siri wrote:The ROTJ duel was a disappointment tbh. Vader and Luke were too evenly matched for it to be really suspenseful; hell Luke even seemed the slight superior at the start. ESB was a much better duel in terms of suspense. 

Vader throughout ROTJ just doesn't have the same appeal as he did in ESB. In the latter, he was ambitious, in charge, and driven, in ROTJ he's been emasculated and resigned to serve.

Talk about completely missing the point.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 5:58 pm
I do wish Luke vs. Vader in RotJ was choreographed in a more interesting way, honestly. I mean, essentially, we got like five seconds of Luke vs. Vader before Vader gets kicked down the stairs, long dialogue (which is fine), and then the rage scene. I’m not sure why Lucas thought that you could either have a visually intense fight scene or an emotionally charged one—because one can often combine the two quite successfully. I think there was room to have executed a more dazzling fight and still keep the emotional potency of the moment.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

September 19th 2019, 6:00 pm
King Joker wrote:I do wish Luke vs. Vader in RotJ was choreographed in a more interesting way, honestly. I mean, essentially, we got like five seconds of Luke vs. Vader before Vader gets kicked down the stairs, long dialogue (which is fine), and then the rage scene. I’m not sure why Lucas thought that you could either have a visually intense fight scene or an emotionally charged one—because one can often combine the two quite successfully. I think there was room to have executed a more dazzling fight and still keep the emotional potency of the moment.

What's really weird is there is a lot of BTS footage of a lot more complex duel, but they decided to remove that and go with all the worst choreographed moves.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 6:57 pm
It’s a shame—I would’ve loved to see Luke’s advanced skills on full display. The choreography is so bad that normies use the fights in RotJ as evidence in and of itself of Luke being dogshit, lmfao.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 7:32 pm
King Joker wrote:It’s a shame—I would’ve loved to see Luke’s advanced skills on full display. The choreography is so bad that normies use the fights in RotJ as evidence in and of itself of Luke being dogshit, lmfao.
Agreed 100% tbh
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 19th 2019, 7:39 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:
King Joker wrote:I do wish Luke vs. Vader in RotJ was choreographed in a more interesting way, honestly. I mean, essentially, we got like five seconds of Luke vs. Vader before Vader gets kicked down the stairs, long dialogue (which is fine), and then the rage scene. I’m not sure why Lucas thought that you could either have a visually intense fight scene or an emotionally charged one—because one can often combine the two quite successfully. I think there was room to have executed a more dazzling fight and still keep the emotional potency of the moment.

What's really weird is there is a lot of BTS footage of a lot more complex duel, but they decided to remove that and go with all the worst choreographed moves.
Reminds me of when Nick Gilliard was planning this awesome duel between Mace and Palpatine that required stunt men, but Lucas preferred to have just the real actors face each other instead which really made for a crappy duel IMO.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum