Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
darthbane77
darthbane77

BEHIND THE SCENES OF REVENGE OF THE SITH: INTERVIEW WITH NICK GILLARD Empty BEHIND THE SCENES OF REVENGE OF THE SITH: INTERVIEW WITH NICK GILLARD

May 11th 2020, 3:33 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
There was a recent interview with Nick Gillard where he says a couple things I found interesting. Nothing we didn't already know from other sources, but it's nice to have corroboration from Gillard, at very least. I didn't see this posted already,so if someone already shared it I'll take this down.

https://tatooinetimes.com/interviews/behind-the-scenes-of-revenge-of-the-sith-interview-with-nick-gillard/?fbclid=IwAR01StOrRZ5E6sNp_57MEQmFFQHjQpVMray-moxdEKrNj5gzk9rKK4CNTYI

These two quotes in particular are what caught my interest.

“We wanted to chop his head off … that wasn’t in the script, but we thought it needed to be that brutal,” Gillard said. “Dooku technically should have known he was going to lose. I mean, we tried to show it through the fight that suddenly he’s thinking ‘Oh my god, this kid is something else, I’m in trouble’, but I don’t know if that came across.”

“When I started it out, I didn’t want there to actually be any hits at all. I wanted it to glide the whole time, where there wasn’t any time for them to move their sabers away from each other because they each knew what was coming next. You know, they’re reading these hits like in a chess match, three or four moves ahead. That’s how I saw it: someone fighting them self,” Gillard said. “Not only that but you’re talking about the light and the dark here. This is Anakin; this is where he is going to go. So he’s technically fighting his own personality. His bad side is about to kill his good side through this fight, which is represented by Obi. And for Obi, even though he’s been sent there to kill him, he doesn’t want to do that. This is his boy; he loves him. I saw Obi just trying to absorb it long enough for Anakin to calm down.”
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

BEHIND THE SCENES OF REVENGE OF THE SITH: INTERVIEW WITH NICK GILLARD Empty Re: BEHIND THE SCENES OF REVENGE OF THE SITH: INTERVIEW WITH NICK GILLARD

May 12th 2020, 6:03 am
Tfw when Gillard's intent compliment Stover's novel.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

BEHIND THE SCENES OF REVENGE OF THE SITH: INTERVIEW WITH NICK GILLARD Empty Re: BEHIND THE SCENES OF REVENGE OF THE SITH: INTERVIEW WITH NICK GILLARD

May 13th 2020, 7:16 pm
I'd love to see everything cut from the prequels regarding lightsaber fights. ROTS especially. 

Reading this makes me wish we got Anakin VS Mace even more.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 14th 2020, 5:18 am
TheNuisanceBird wrote:I'd love to see everything cut from the prequels regarding lightsaber fights. ROTS especially. 

Reading this makes me wish we got Anakin VS Mace even more.
The video game
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum