Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

What if Vader wasn't Luke's father in the original trilogy? Empty What if Vader wasn't Luke's father in the original trilogy?

September 2nd 2019, 11:59 am
What if the big twist never occurred (you can imagine a different ending for the saga, doesn't really matter here)? What if, when the prequels rolled around, people expected Anakin and Vader to be separate characters, but Lucas still treated them as one? How would the movies be received as people gradually discover the dark truth as the story progresses? How would it alter people's perspective on the originals?

Thread inspired by The Ellimist.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

What if Vader wasn't Luke's father in the original trilogy? Empty Re: What if Vader wasn't Luke's father in the original trilogy?

September 2nd 2019, 1:02 pm
I expect people wouldn't take it well. Without any sort of buildup or reveal in the originals, it would feel pretty empty.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

What if Vader wasn't Luke's father in the original trilogy? Empty Re: What if Vader wasn't Luke's father in the original trilogy?

September 2nd 2019, 1:04 pm
ESB would not have been nearly as appreciated by the fans as it was when it came out. The plot twist is one of the most important elements of the movie, that adds a lot of depth to Anakin’s story. Discovering it in the prequels would have been a “meh” choice from Lucas as i think the fans would have considered it a forced choice. The “I am your father scene” is still an iconic moment of SW, and I cannot think about the saga without it.

September 2nd 2019, 3:06 pm
PeraltaEagle45 wrote:I expect people wouldn't take it well. Without any sort of buildup or reveal in the originals, it would feel pretty empty.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum