Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Are Prequel and Original Trilogy Scripts New Canon? Empty Are Prequel and Original Trilogy Scripts New Canon?

November 4th 2019, 11:31 am
They were written by George Lucas, but Lucas's authority over SW has been discarded, so wouldn't that mean his scripts for the OT and PT be discarded from Disney Canon?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Are Prequel and Original Trilogy Scripts New Canon? Empty Re: Are Prequel and Original Trilogy Scripts New Canon?

November 4th 2019, 1:44 pm
Nope. They're still the original works of the Star Wars universe, and all of Disney's new canon is built around them. They're still the highest authority.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Are Prequel and Original Trilogy Scripts New Canon? Empty Re: Are Prequel and Original Trilogy Scripts New Canon?

November 4th 2019, 1:53 pm
I don't know about the official canon policy on them, but I have no idea why they wouldn't be considered canon. If we're following the "they were written by Lucas and Disney doesn't agree with Lucas" standard then shouldn't we just discount the films themselves lmao?
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

November 4th 2019, 4:36 pm
During the Disney takeover, it was stated that the “immovable objects” are the 6 movies and TCW, and everything else is subordinate to them, so I got to impression that the scripts themselves aren’t included in New Canon.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum