Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Darth Malgus Respect Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Malgus Respect Thread

September 1st 2019, 2:24 pm
BioWare granted solo options to Flashpoints that are story-centric. Freeing Revan from the Maelstrom prison, defeating Revan on the Foundry, stopping Malgus after the Ilum campaign, the raids on Tython and Korriban, etc. The other flashpoints are still designed and operated as group-only content because they are not critical to progressing the story of the game. BioWare has intended for players to be able to play 95% of major story content solo.

That said, it doesn't change the fact that Malgus can be solo'd, nor that there is specific dialogue for each protag when they defeat him.
The Witness
The Witness

September 3rd 2019, 5:03 pm
H
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

October 18th 2019, 10:00 am
Overhauled the formatting, added some things I'd initially missed, and included content from The Dantooine Incursion.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 18th 2019, 4:19 pm
Also rumoured to be have been largely responsible for maintaining Acina's power on the throne by eliminating any who might rival her for power or influence:

That she gained control of an agent as deadly as Malgus would explain much about her subsequent rise to the Imperial throne. Some now theorize that Acina may even have used Malgus to eliminate her rivals on the Dark Council during the confusion of the war against Zakuul, though this remains only conjecture.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

October 18th 2019, 5:46 pm
The last clause is very important.

Level Three
Level Three

November 16th 2019, 12:00 am
Darth Malgus Respect Thread - Page 2 1289255181Darth Malgus Respect Thread - Page 2 1289255181
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 16th 2019, 1:26 pm
@Azronger Might want to add the below feats (put them in spoiler tags to avoid any spoilers for anyone who hasn't completed Onslaught):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Malgus was also injured when he performed both of those, though I guess you could say he was highly motivated.
TenebrousWay
TenebrousWay

November 16th 2019, 1:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Might as well add this one, too:

Spoiler:
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 16th 2019, 3:43 pm
I mean, at least it's not bringing Revan or Vitiate back....but Bioware really should learn how to make other bad guys rather than keep recycling old ones.

It's fine for Malgus I suppose, though I feel he peaked as False Emperor, but only cause he hasn't come back two or 3 times already.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 16th 2019, 4:39 pm
@BreakofDawn @TenebrousWay Funnily enough, I was just looking at Onslaught for Malgus wank. I'll add the stuff in the coming days and overhaul the thread.

Btw, welcome to the forum, TW.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 16th 2019, 5:55 pm
That’s Praxis....
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

November 16th 2019, 6:06 pm
IdrisianGraecus wrote:That’s Praxis....

?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 16th 2019, 6:43 pm
Dumb me
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 22nd 2019, 12:42 am
Bump for relevance
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 28th 2019, 8:48 pm
@Azronger Also theorised to be one of the two deadliest beings in the galaxy, alongside the Outlander. This is of course on a dark side route, so probably doesn't include Arcann (but can) but would include Satele, the rest of the Dark Council, Gnost-Dural, Tau Idair, Lord Scourge, Kira Carsen, and Jaesa Willsaam. All of these people apart from maybe Scourge and Gnost-Dural (who Malgus is above, anyway) are still believed to be alive at the time:

"Are you suggesting that Darth Malgus and the Alliance Commander, perhaps the two deadliest beings in the galaxy, are the ones who fell short?"
- Darth Xarion, Dark Council member (Head of Sith Intelligence).

Not sure if I mentioned it before but while injured he survived a fall from the top of the Meridian Complex Shipyard (image attached):

Darth Malgus Respect Thread - Page 2 Cdx_lo11

Last edited by BreakofDawn on November 29th 2019, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 28th 2019, 9:08 pm
thats pretty good, but also seems vague. a shitton of sith are said to be one of the strongest ever, but are we talking top 30 or top 10? there's a big difference there, but both still technically apply.

and that feat is pretty damn good if he didnt use the force to protect himself.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 28th 2019, 9:19 pm
thats pretty good, but also seems vague. a shitton of sith are said to be one of the strongest ever, but are we talking top 30 or top 10? there's a big difference there, but both still technically apply.
This is a lot more specific considering our knowledge of the TOR era at this point (where the only real powerhouses left are Arcann, the Outlander, Gnost-Dural, Satele, Scourge, Kira, and a few Dark Council members). 

There's also him one-shotting Dark Council members with a single push or choke to back up this claim.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 28th 2019, 11:55 pm
thats obviously a great ass feat, dont get me wrong, but one shotting a high end sith lord (high end when compared to other sith lords, and not high end when compared to malgus btw, so he is still pretty fodder to someone like vitiate, who could beat 12 dark council members at once) is really not out of any of those people's reach. vader has done similar shit in 18 BBY, u feel me?
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 2:11 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:vader has done similar shit in 18 BBY, u feel me?
Like what?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 29th 2019, 8:47 am
Lose to Muur
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 29th 2019, 8:58 am
IdrisianGraecus wrote:Lose to Muur
He didn't lose to Muur, Muur was going to overwhelm him with Rakghouls while fighting him.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 29th 2019, 9:03 am
thats obviously a great ass feat, dont get me wrong, but one shotting a high end sith lord (high end when compared to other sith lords, and not high end when compared to malgus btw, so he is still pretty fodder to someone like vitiate, who could beat 12 dark council members at once)
You say that like being below Vitiate is bad. That includes all of the PT Jedi and Sith save for the big guns (Mace, Yoda, MFV, Sidious).

is really not out of any of those people's reach.
It's the ease with which he did it which is significant.

vader has done similar shit in 18 BBY, u feel me?

No, he hasn't. His best feat from that timeframe is probably his fight against the Jedi on that space station, and his only real TK feat there was seizing a powerful Jedi master in mid-air with the Force so he couldn't break out of the grip. In the same fight, he was taken down by that Jedi master and two random Jedi knights. You can say about his ripping apart platforms and huts on Kashyyyk, but this is something that Malgus could definitely replicate considering his ripping the above structure from its supports with relative ease while injured.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 8:29 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:vader has done similar shit in 18 BBY, u feel me?
Like what?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 29th 2019, 11:28 pm
thats 19 BBY, not even like, 6 months after he got off suit. 18 BBY is him stomping vastor, being the strongest force user 2 jedi ever met, blowing up some builds, and shit like that.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 29th 2019, 11:54 pm
18 BBY is him
stomping vastor, being the strongest force user 2 jedi ever met

Already debunked this. A massively amped Kar Vastor < a massively weakened, injured and exhausted Mace in terms of raw power.

blowing up some builds

I'll give you this one. Collapsing the cathedral was immensely impressive. 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum