Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Form VII: Juyo Empty Form VII: Juyo

April 21st 2019, 7:47 pm
The majority of sources on Juyo say that in order to study it, you need to have mastery of "multiple" forms, or something along those lines. However, I was made aware of this quote:

Form VII: Juyo Juyo10

I don't know the source of the quote (help would be appreciated), but it says specifically that mastery of forms 1 thought to 6 is required to study Juyo.

My question is: because more quotes say that Juyo only requires mastery of some forms, not all, do they overrule the aforementioned quote?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Form VII: Juyo Empty Re: Form VII: Juyo

April 21st 2019, 8:25 pm
I don't think there's a contradiction. Other sources state you need mastery of "multiple" forms -- this source clarifies "multiple" means "six." However, then we get into dicey territory on what constitutes "mastery" since, while Gnost-Dural apparently has "mastery" of Makashi, his skill's likely novice-like compared to Dooku's.
MP

April 21st 2019, 8:40 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:I don't think there's a contradiction. Other sources state you need mastery of "multiple" forms -- this source clarifies "multiple" means "six." However, then we get into dicey territory on what constitutes "mastery" since, while Gnost-Dural apparently has "mastery" of Makashi, his skill's likely novice-like compared to Dooku's.

Mastery, imo, is simply theoretical technical refinement. Dooku's Makashi is heavily skewed from traditional Makash; I think "forms" and "styles" blend a lot in the continuity. Dooku's form is Makashi, but his style is extremely unique; Makashi is simply the backbone. In which case, mastery would simply mean mastering the core tenets and moves of a form.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 21st 2019, 9:33 pm
QuiGonDies wrote:The majority of sources on Juyo say that in order to study it, you need to have mastery of "multiple" forms, or something along those lines. However, I was made aware of this quote:

Form VII: Juyo Juyo10

I don't know the source of the quote (help would be appreciated), but it says specifically that mastery of forms 1 thought to 6 is required to study Juyo.

My question is: because more quotes say that Juyo only requires mastery of some forms, not all, do they overrule the aforementioned quote?

Good find. And no, there's no contradiction between any of the sources. "Multiple" and "six" aren't mutually exclusive.
MP

April 21st 2019, 9:38 pm
In that case, I will take it as Juyo requiring mastery of 1 through to 6. Does anyone know the source?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

April 21st 2019, 10:30 pm
Looks like something made by De Agostini, so either Fact File, Vehicles & Starships, or Figurine Collection.
MP

April 21st 2019, 10:34 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Looks like something made by De Agostini, so either Fact File, Vehicles & Starships, or Figurine Collection.

The Figurine Collection.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 4:41 pm
QuiGonDies wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:Looks like something made by De Agostini, so either Fact File, Vehicles & Starships, or Figurine Collection.

The Figurine Collection.

Lets use logical deduction

well if you know its the figurine collection and we know that its talking about Juyo... than it has to be in a figurine collection with someone who uses Juyo Form VII: Juyo 1668617588

Figurine collections are also normally centered around a character Form VII: Juyo 1668617588

A character who is reputed to be a master of Juyo that the Figurine Collection would feature Form VII: Juyo 1668617588

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Official_Figurine_Collection_5

I think the issue featuring Darth Maul that discusses lightsabers would be your best bet based on the evidence I gathered Form VII: Juyo 2266747095
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 22nd 2019, 4:45 pm
Good find.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 22nd 2019, 5:34 pm
Only took 5 years to get confirmation Maul mastered every lightsaber form. Although it could be inferred from the way certain other quotes were worded and the nature of his obsession with training.

Nice.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum