Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Darth Durin's Baneling
Darth Durin's Baneling

Corin Tok Respect Thread Empty Corin Tok Respect Thread

August 21st 2023, 7:04 pm
Playing through SWTOR, I thought this Jedi was pretty interesting and very impressive for a character that's never talked about.

Corin Tok is the leader of the largest Republic troop deployment on Corellia, and one of the Empire Protagonist's main opponents during the battle.

Corin Tok Respect Thread 2023-052

Power

C-Canon

General

Corin Tok is descended from Jedi heroes of the Jedi Civil War 300 years prior.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[General Hesker:] "The rebels are massing at the Great Sith War Memorial Garden -- a pit honoring Jedi scum who fell to our first invasion three hundred years ago."

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Master Corin Tok:] "This garden honors champions of the Jedi Civil War. Heroes. Revan, Bastila Shan and my ancestors -- Zabrak who fought to save the galaxy. I follow in their great tradition."

Combat Skill/Reputation

C-Canon

3653 BBY

Corin Tok survived the Sacking of Coruscant, a feat few Jedi can lay claim to, killing many Sith in the process.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Lieutenant Loval:] "Yes, sir. Master Corin Tok. A Zabrak Jedi Knight, Republic war hero... and veteran of the Sacking of Coruscant."

[General Hesker:] "One of the few survivors. Many Sith fell to his lightsaber that day. He earned himself a pretty little reputation. Survivors claimed he was invincible. Blaster bolts splashing off skin, lightsabers failing in his presence. I say it's that special armor under his robes."

3640 BBY

Darth Decimus, the member of the Dark Council leading the initial invasion of Corellia above even other Dark Councilors, regards Corin Tok as a very dangerous Jedi.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Darth Decimus:] "The park's crawling with shock troops, battle droids and special forces -- all led by one very dangerous Jedi. We've never faced such a massive Republic deployment."

General Hesker maintains that Corin Tok's abilities have grown with his reputation during the war.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[General Hesker:] "One of the few survivors. Many Sith fell to his lightsaber that day. He earned himself a pretty little reputation. Survivors claimed he was invincible. Blaster bolts splashing off skin, lightsabers failing in his presence. I say it's that special armor under his robes. Since then, Master Corin Tok has aged into a hardened warhorse; his myth has grown, and he stands between us and control of Axial Park."

Corin Tok is surprised the Empire Protagonist is willing to face him, noting that his reputation as a "Sith butcher" is not unearned and that fleets and armies fear him.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Master Corin Tok:] "So you're responsible for the Empire's sudden victories. I'm surprised you'd have the courage to face me. You know I can't be killed? Blasters, grenades, even lightsabers -- no effect. I've defended the Republic for decades without a scratch."

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Master Corin Tok:] "Some even call me the 'Sith Butcher.' Not to my taste, but accurate enough."

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Master Corin Tok:] "Imperials tremble at my name. Moffs have rerouted capital ships to avoid me."

Corrin Tok's defense is so strong that he hasn't suffered a scratch or the sensation of pain in decades.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Master Corin Tok:] "You know I can't be killed? Blasters, grenades, even lightsabers -- no effect. I've defended the Republic for decades without a scratch."

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Master Corin Tok:] "Funny... I'd almost forgotten what pain felt like."

The Empire Protagonist admits that Tok's reputation is impressive.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Empire Protagonist:] "You paint an impressive picture, Jedi. I hope you can live up to it."

Corin Tok is confident that he can defeat the Empire Protagonist.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Master Corin Tok:] "When I strike you down, the Empire loses its only hope of taking Corellia."

Corin Tok duels the Empire Protagonist.

-The Old Republic (2011)

On hearing of the Force-sensitive Empire Protagonist's victory over Corin Tok, General Hesker asserts that the Protagonist's abilities are on the level of the Dark Council.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Sith Warrior/Inquisitor:] "I've killed the unkillable Jedi. Axial Park belongs to the Empire."

[General Hesker:] "One absurd rumor about an invincible Jedi safely put to rest. Your powers are only rivaled by the Dark Council itself. It's been an honor, my lord."

S-Canon

3640 BBY

Corin Tok is an elite combatant with 24,415 HP.

Corin Tok Respect Thread 2023-053
-The Old Republic (2011)

Authority

C-Canon

3640 BBY

Corin Tok is entrusted to lead the largest deployment of Republic troops on Corellia, perhaps the greatest warzone in the Great Galactic War up until that point. Said deployment contains several other Jedi Knights and Masters.

The Old Republic (2011) wrote:[Darth Decimus:] "The park's crawling with shock troops, battle droids and special forces -- all led by one very dangerous Jedi. We've never faced such a massive Republic deployment."

-The Old Republic (2011)

Conclusion

Corin Tok is easily one of the most powerful Jedi Masters of the era, knocking on the door of members of the Dark Council in terms of combative strength. Respect the Sith Butcher!

Last edited by Darth Durin's Baneling on August 22nd 2023, 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting and typos)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum