Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd) Empty ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd)

June 16th 2021, 8:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
THE FIGHT TO END ALL FIGHTS

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd) 22dc973d2ce30cd867d8fff63ba1d1b9

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd) W92x1x8b4oaLv54Bz03Q6L-3qUVr4MbzhJrndw9bhy4

We will be operating under LFL policy

3 posts each, opener included.

I will be opening first.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd) Empty Re: ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd)

June 19th 2021, 11:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
So I will be trying out something new here, by using DT Vader, which will be debated to have been him in his prime. "But why Lorenzo"... Well, thank you for asking. According to both Lucas and this scan (below), Vader by the OT is not only too stiff and not agile, but he is also quite old, which quite hinder him as a fighter. Therefore, the obvious conclusion in my case was to use a younger, more agile Vader, who was still hunting jedi, still actively training and preparing for death matches, who Palpatine often tried to replace with other 'characters', and who was still angry, looking for revenge on Obi Wan and on the Jedi.

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd) KjNEEwMWRQa-wN3PhL40QMMoOuqqQLoZNI0GO3gBcFcdSvlVqNlwEev2uHHWZ_HRxbAnWEaEZEUVs1600

"We've actually never seen real Jedi at work, we've only seen seen crippled half-droid half-men and young boys that have learned from these old people." - Lucas

"Before this scene, the lightsaber battles we'd seen in the Star Wars movies involved older Jedi, or jedi who were yet to become full fledged Jedi Knights - Lucas
And yes, he does refer to Vader as Jedi, for whatever reasons that I am not exactly aware of.

Now, Vader DOES in fact have statements saying that he is at his strongest by the OT. This is useless for you, and actually only supports my case. IF we were to consider that as the truth, then I instantly win, since that would make ROTJ Vader more powerful than he ever was without the suit. So yeah.

In terms of dueling, I will not argue that Vader will outduel Obi Wan. He will never penetrate his defenses (he is simply not fast enough, and even though he should be strong enough to do it, it wont work, since Obi Wan has fought characters like Dooku, Anakin, and Grievous) in a duel. Vader doesn't even fight like that anymore. He fights in a dangerously different manner that Obi Wan has never faced before- the usage of brute strength, great stamina, abuse of TK, and often times, use of TP. Obi Wan will have to be on his back foot the whole time, and this is where stamina comes in- Obi Wan will never outlast Vader in such a drown out fight, based on physical durability, stamina, and defense on 3 different fronts (force attacks, blacking saber strikes, and keeping his mind shut from Vader's TP attacks).

In terms of force using, Vader is simply better. He has significantly more powers (a well known, full blown master of the dark side, who had longer training than Dooku and Sedriss ever did, WHILE still using everything he learned from the Jedi), his application is MUCH better (his telepathy and telekinesis are easy examples here- TK without the use of hands, and TPing someone from half a galaxy away, while having much better feats on both ends in terms of who they were being used against), and he might easily scale above him Obi Wan by this point:

Such threats hold no fear for Vader. Indeed, it is in such situations that he feels most alive...in such moments that he can forget the armored prison in which he exists...forget the many sacrifices he has made to reach his current position as one of the most powerful entities in the galaxy. - Dark Times: The Path To Nowhere.... 19 BBY

Nick Rostu knew darkness.
He had, after all, stood with the Jedi Master Mace Windu against Kar Vastor in the steaming jungles of Haruun Kal. Kar Vastor, leader of the Balawai resistance; Kar Vastor, with his arm-mounted vibroblade weapons and his almost supernatural strength. Kar Vastor, stronger in the Force than any of the Korunnai, stronger than any in the galaxy, perhaps, save for the Jedi. Kar Vastor, so submerged in the dark side that, even though Nick had been only a couple of meters away from him during that final battle, eventhough he could see the man as clearly as he could see Mace, or Iolu, the guard who'd sliced him from sternum to navel-still, looking back on it now, he realized he couldn't visualize the guerrilla leader's face. It was as if the Balawai commander had been shrouded in darkness, somehow, as if the dark side of the Force radiated a strange anti-light. Kar Vastor had been the essence, the personification, of primal power, jungle savagery, and bloodlust distilled into flesh. Nick had never seen anyone or anything to match him.
Until now.
Until he stood, unarmed, before Darth Vader.
As if being armed would make a difference, he thought. He could be tricked out with wrist rockets, a hold-out shooter, a pair of DL-44s, and a disruptor rifle, and he might just as well be carrying a pointed stick. Vastor had been animal ferocity and menace, barely contained. He'd thrummed with the power of the dark side. His arms, legs, torso, and shoulders had been layered with striated muscle; he looked like he could have lifted a pregnant grasser over his head. One-handed.
Vader was as tall as Vastor had been, but probably massed a good twenty kilos less. He wasn't physically impressive in the same way; no musculature was visible under the black armor.
It didn't matter. There was no doubt in Nick's mind that, were Kar Vastor somehow to be pitted against Darth Vader, the feral Balawai renegade wouldn't stand a chance.
The Force was powerful in Vader; even the dim wattage of Nick's connection could feel that. It was far more powerful than it had been in Kar Vastor. It had pulsed from Vastor in waves of fury, blasted like an open furnace. In Vader, it was-contained. Pent.
Waiting. - Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
... 18 BBY

Abruptly he experienced a sudden tingle that vibrated the lines of the Force—a plangent throb telling him that a new player was approaching the blasted landscape of the Factory District. Someone extremely strong in the Force—stronger than he’d ever encountered before. It could mean only one thing:
Darth Vader was coming. - Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight...
18 BBY

No, Jax didn’t know what Darth Vader was capable of. Aboard the dying Far Ranger he thought he had seen him fail to manipulate Thi Xon Yimmon’s mind and have to settle, instead, for manipulating gravity. Still …
“I’ve never known a Force-user as powerful as Vader,” he admitted. “Which only makes it more critical that we rescue Yimmon.”
--
Not only was Darth Vader the most powerful Force-user Tesla had ever known, he had always thought of him as a towering genius. - The Last Jedi
... 18 BBY

Of all the monsters I have created, I still regard Darth Vader as something of a minor masterpiece. No, he was not an entirely alchemical creation, but he was my monster nevertheless. Even though he failed to live up to his full potential, there was much pleasure in transforming Anakin Skywalker from a bright-eyed, tousle-headed youth into the greatest Jedi killer of all time. Yes, he ultimately turned against his Master, as monsters sometimes do, but that was my fault, not his. Given the opportunity to create Vader again, I would, and with zeal. - Jedi Vs. Sith: The Essential Guide To The Force... from 2007

Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith's apprentice, one of the two most powerful beings in the galaxy, was afraid. - Death Star... 3 BBY - 0 BBY, from 2007

Yes, Vader remained strong in the Force, but strong enough to succeed me? Never. Granted, he was strong enough to kill me. But that only lasted for so long. - Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide To The Force... from 2007

Vader is also much experienced in battle, often considered a better fighter overall than most (if not all), and with another force based accolade, to give it some... solidity.

Darth Vader is the embodiment of all evil. Under the guidance of Emperor Palpatine-aka Darth Sidious- Lord Vader controls the Galactic Empire with an iron fist. He's an unparalleled lightsaber combatant and an even more capable Force wielder. - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II: Prima Official Game Guide... 2010

No one was a match for the lightsaber skills of the dark lord of the Sith. - Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game: The Shadow Syndicate... released in 2008, but I believe them to be S canon.

Vader is too much for Obi Wan here. Too varied, too powerful, too skilled and durable to be easily killed by Obi Wan's only advantage (agility), which will never give him the win here, since this is not Maul vs Vader all over again- everything is allowed. It's not just a saber duel, on unknown terrain, full of jumps and dodges. Vader wins this for sure.
shame
shame

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd) Empty Re: ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rem) vs Suited Darth Vader (Lorenzo.r.2nd)

June 20th 2021, 7:21 pm
Good post Lorenzo, looking forward to Rem's response now
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

June 20th 2021, 8:50 pm
AaylaSecuraFan87 wrote:Good post Lorenzo, looking forward to Rem's response now

thanks
wankdestroyer
wankdestroyer

June 22nd 2021, 5:52 pm
I'll respond within a week or two.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

June 22nd 2021, 5:54 pm
iamthatguy wrote:I'll respond within a week or two.
k
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum