Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

AoTC Yoda vs ROTS Yoda - Page 2 Empty Re: AoTC Yoda vs ROTS Yoda

January 2nd 2021, 5:51 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Bro does anyone even know what equal means in the context of the Yoda v Dooku fight? They were equal in the Force exchange because Yoda was actively not fighting back, making it an impasse—making them equals. The quote doesn’t actually say that they are equal, which is evident by the fact that Yoda can push himself to Wankatine levels when he has the inclination. The massive war growth argument has very little merit as Oppo Rancisis and the ROTS novel both state that Yoda very, very rarely left the temple to fight on the field, and it would make very little sense for him to be sat there, doing nothing physical, but somehow growing despite countless beings dying across the galaxy at every moment + the growing darkness in the galaxy.
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 2nd 2021, 7:25 am
Well, that's the point. It's not a difference in power, which is negligible at best, but mindset. AotC Yoda is holding back. RotS Yoda isn't.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 2nd 2021, 8:42 am
@CuckedCurry But...Yoda threw Dooku's lightning back at him, so he was obviously giving it his all.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 2nd 2021, 8:46 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
"You can't just go right into the sword fight, so I decided to go back to The Empire Strikes Back of throwing things at each other, even though I knew they were equal to each other, so it was a hopeless gesture and they would've figured that out in two seconds. But for the audience it's nice for them to go through this process of throwing everything around."

Lucas' assertion of them being equals is independent of the nature of their attacks. He also indicates that yes, Yoda realizes it's pointless after throwing the attacks back at Dooku and getting nowhere. As Lucas said they both realized it was pointless. I.E

Yoda cannot defeat Dooku in a force contest nor the inverse due to being equal.

Dooku = Yoda
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

January 2nd 2021, 8:58 am
CuckedCurry wrote:Bro does anyone even know what equal means in the context of the Yoda v Dooku fight?  They were equal in the Force exchange because Yoda was actively not fighting back, making it an impasse—making them equals. The quote doesn’t actually say that they are equal, which is evident by the fact that Yoda can push himself to Wankatine levels when he has the inclination. The massive war growth argument has very little merit as Oppo Rancisis and the ROTS novel both state that Yoda very, very rarely left the temple to fight on the field, and it would make very little sense for him to be sat there, doing nothing physical, but somehow growing despite countless beings dying across the galaxy at every moment + the growing darkness in the galaxy.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

January 2nd 2021, 9:04 am
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas thinks TPM Kenobi is>Dooku if he was asked this today.The guy's words are all over the place

Last edited by Mysteryman06 on January 2nd 2021, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 2nd 2021, 9:04 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
They're really not.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 2nd 2021, 11:21 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Throwing things at each is a reference to Yoda launching Dooku’s own lightning back at him, which was the only form of retaliation Yoda made. My point still stands, HeartOfTheFishmongers
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 2nd 2021, 11:32 am
I love how that quote doesn't remotely contradict the fact that Yoda doesn't attack Dooku, despite "throwing everything around".

AoTC Yoda vs ROTS Yoda - Page 2 6753586-tk2

By golly! Yoda is throwing things around!

At no point does Yoda go on the offensive beyond that initial FL blast, which can be attributed to him being caught off-guard by the attack given that the second time Dooku did it, he just absorbed it and remained in a defensive posture. And per the novel:

A wave of Dooku's free hand sent a piece of machinery flying at the diminutive Jedi Master, seeming as if it would surely crush him. But Yoda was ready, waving his own hand, Force-pushing the flying machinery harmlessly aside.

Dooku clutched up at the ceiling, breaking free great blocks that tumbled down at Yoda. But small hands waved and the boulders dropped to the sides, bouncing across the floor all about the untouched Master Yoda.

Dooku gave a little growl and thrust forth his hand, loosing a line of blue lightning at the diminutive Master.

Yoda caught it in his own hand and turned it aside, but far from easily.

"Powerful you have become, Dooku," Yoda admitted, and the Count grinned-but Yoda promptly took that grin away by adding, "The dark side I sense in you."

"I have become more powerful than any Jedi," Dooku countered. "Even you, my old Master!" More  lightning  poured  forth  from  Dooku's  hand,  but  Yoda  continued  to  catch  it  and  turn  it,  and  seemed  to  become even more settled in his defensive posture.

"Much to learn you still have," Yoda remarked.

I'm confused how this means that Yoda was proactively attacking Dooku and concluded that they were equal, when a big deal is made out of the fact that not once does he try to attack Dooku with Force attacks of his own.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on January 2nd 2021, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 2nd 2021, 11:42 am
Yes you don’t have to lick my balls breakingcorn
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 2nd 2021, 11:43 am
CuckedCurry wrote:Yes you don’t have to lick my balls breakingcorn

I was here first, you slag.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 2nd 2021, 11:48 am
My cupbearer can read better than you
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 2nd 2021, 12:03 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:My cupbearer can read better than you
AoTC Yoda vs ROTS Yoda - Page 2 4183286560
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 2nd 2021, 8:12 pm
AoTC Yoda vs ROTS Yoda - Page 2 1019854026
wankdestroyer
wankdestroyer

January 26th 2021, 10:44 pm
Yoda wins.
wankdestroyer
wankdestroyer

January 26th 2021, 10:45 pm
Yoda wins.
Vaelias
Vaelias

January 26th 2021, 10:54 pm
iamthatguy wrote:Yoda wins.

They r both Yoda, which one ?
wankdestroyer
wankdestroyer

January 26th 2021, 11:05 pm
Vaelias wrote:
iamthatguy wrote:Yoda wins.

They r both Yoda, which one ?

Idk but Yoda comes out on top.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

January 27th 2021, 12:16 am
@iamthatguy: Welcome to SI but please do not spam the forum with one word responses. Thank you.
wankdestroyer
wankdestroyer

January 27th 2021, 12:23 am
No problem buster.
Decimus
Decimus

February 3rd 2021, 1:47 pm
They're the same AoTC eventually wins with a fractional edge.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

February 8th 2021, 1:14 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:AotC Yoda wins. Nothing supports his growth instead him getting weaker.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

February 8th 2021, 6:09 pm
RotS stomps.
Vaelias
Vaelias

February 8th 2021, 9:42 pm
HeartoftheForce wrote:RotS stomps.
Why?
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

February 8th 2021, 9:49 pm
Vaelias wrote:
HeartoftheForce wrote:RotS stomps.
Why?
 AotC Yoda is a confirmed equal of exhausted AotC Dooku. Who then grows noticeably over the clone wars, yet is still only an 8

RotS Yoda is a 9. And therefore is several magnitudes more powerful. He destroys.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum