Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/KuX3b8hrrm
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

How big is the gap between AotC Yoda and RotS Yoda. Empty How big is the gap between AotC Yoda and RotS Yoda.

October 2nd 2019, 2:52 pm
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

How big is the gap between AotC Yoda and RotS Yoda. Empty Re: How big is the gap between AotC Yoda and RotS Yoda.

October 2nd 2019, 3:08 pm
Reasonably big.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

How big is the gap between AotC Yoda and RotS Yoda. Empty Re: How big is the gap between AotC Yoda and RotS Yoda.

October 2nd 2019, 3:14 pm
I see the claim thrown around that Yoda experienced significant growth, but i haven't seen the evidence supporting it.

October 2nd 2019, 3:36 pm
No evidence to suggest he grew at all, and even if we generously assume he did it probably wasn't a massive increase imo.

They should definitely be on the same level.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

October 2nd 2019, 3:48 pm
StrangerThingsFan77 wrote:No evidence to suggest he grew at all, and even if we generously assume he did it probably wasn't a massive increase imo.

If there is no evidence that he grew, why do people think he did?
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

October 2nd 2019, 4:01 pm
The only quote I can think of that supports the theory that Yoda grew, was the statement stating that fighting Dooku was all the training he needed, or something along those lines. I don't think this is in any way concrete enough to justify the belief that Yoda experienced significant growth. If there is more evidence however, I'll gladly hear it.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

October 2nd 2019, 4:04 pm
I don't think he grew at all, even maybe got weaker. His age is a problem and the only training he required was learning about becoming a Force Ghost.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

October 2nd 2019, 4:12 pm
You believe RotS yoda is
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

October 2nd 2019, 4:13 pm
This is a test because my previous post isn't displaying the rest of my sentence.

EDIT: wtf why is this post fine but my other one cut off mid sentence?

October 2nd 2019, 4:18 pm
Azronger wrote:
StrangerThingsFan77 wrote:No evidence to suggest he grew at all, and even if we generously assume he did it probably wasn't a massive increase imo.

If there is no evidence that he grew, why do people think he did?

From my POV there's no evidence but maybe others think there is. For example, I know some people think he grew based on him being => Anakin who stomped Dooku (whereas he failed to in AOTC) or whatever, but this isn't a view I share.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

October 2nd 2019, 9:12 pm
So is there any other evidence besides the one quote that says Yoda got all the training he needed fighting Dooku?
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

October 2nd 2019, 11:44 pm
Before AotC Yoda have decrease in term of force power for (at least) 200 years. I see no reason for him to grow between AotC and RotS. I think that he will be a bit less powerful in RotS than in AotC
O-Siri
O-Siri

October 3rd 2019, 12:31 am
He might have been more motivated which can help to bring out the best in him, but on a base level no.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

October 3rd 2019, 8:58 am
Did the journey he took with the Whills improve him in anyway?
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

October 3rd 2019, 10:04 am
Yoda did go through mental confrontations between AotC and RotS, and we know that mental confrontations lead to one's power in the Force maturing.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

October 3rd 2019, 1:07 pm

He can't have gone from stalemating Count Dooku, to competing with and disarming ROTS Sidious without any significant power growth.
O-Siri
O-Siri

October 3rd 2019, 1:20 pm
SithSauce wrote:He can't have gone from stalemating Count Dooku, to competing with and disarming ROTS Sidious without any significant power growth.

He beat Dooku decisively. The best Dooku did was hold strong for one exchange purely defensively. After that Yoda was systematically picking him apart, each time Dooku tried to anticipate what Yoda would do and launch a counterattack Yoda would instead anticipate him, and in short order, he had him cornered and worn down.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

October 3rd 2019, 3:21 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:Did the journey he took with the Whills improve him in anyway?
He learn how to live as a force ghost... but we didn't have other information explaining that he improve otherway
MasterofIllusions
MasterofIllusions

October 3rd 2019, 4:44 pm
The gap is massive imo.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 4th 2019, 1:39 pm
The journey to become a Force ghost did involve him confronting his greatest fears and temptations, including his own darkness. He probably did grow more powerful, but not by too much.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

October 4th 2019, 1:53 pm
Is season 6 of TCW considered canon or legends?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 4th 2019, 1:56 pm
Unless it contradicts Legends, I think it can be taken as either. Not sure, though.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

October 4th 2019, 2:43 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:The journey to become a Force ghost did involve him confronting his greatest fears and temptations, including his own darkness. He probably did grow more powerful, but not by too much.
That's what I was thinking.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

February 18th 2020, 8:47 am
Bump.

Shouldn't the gap be huge in terms of power? Yoda as of AotC was given a good fight from a "noticably" pre-prime Dooku, but as of RotS the only guys who can compete with Sidious are Yoda and Mace as stated in The Making of Revenge of the Sith, Dooku is absolutely out of the equation in who can compete with Sidious because he obviously appeared in the beginning of the movie, so he's not exempt to that quote. Yoda disarmed Sidious in their lightsaber duel, though he lost in the Force battle.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 18th 2020, 10:28 am
Yeah, the gap is pretty colossal.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum