Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vaelias
Vaelias

When is Yodas Prime ? Empty When is Yodas Prime ?

October 23rd 2020, 2:42 am
What is Prime Yoda
Primarch
Primarch

When is Yodas Prime ? Empty Re: When is Yodas Prime ?

October 23rd 2020, 3:23 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Revenge of the Sith
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 23rd 2020, 3:49 am
Sith Archivist wrote:Revenge of the Sith

That’s what I thought but given he stated he couldn’t lift the Muntuur stones past the Age of 700 implies that he may be past his prime even if his power decrease was very small
He’s about 900 so his prime might have been about 200 odd years prior to ROTS
Also if I’m correct Yoda > ROTS Sidious as they were both equals in ROTS
Primarch
Primarch

October 23rd 2020, 3:55 am
@Vaelias
He was Dooku level as of AotC but Sidious level as of RotS so it seems like he became more powerful with age
O-Siri
O-Siri

October 23rd 2020, 7:47 am
He’s been steadily on the down side within the past 200 yrs noticeably so within 40 years of Mace Windu’s life alone. Age made him wiser not more powerful. He died of natural causes 30 years later which is more like 3 yrs in human proportions. PT Yoda isn’t close to prime that’s laughable. His style is very dependent on stamina; it’s not one that ages well like Dooku’s. He’s already physically handicapped by his size and stature where he needs to work twice as hard to do the same things a humanoid can do. 500-700 yrs Yoda is his apex, plenty enough wisdom and experience to go along with a body lacking in arthritis.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

October 23rd 2020, 7:50 am
Yoda's commentary about the Muntuur stones suggests that he was in his prime during his 700s, so it could be anywhere around age 100(?) to age 700.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

October 23rd 2020, 10:18 am
@Vaelias I've made a blog about this Yoda's Prime
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 23rd 2020, 3:09 pm
Sith Archivist wrote:@Vaelias
He was Dooku level as of AotC but Sidious level as of RotS so it seems like he became more powerful with age

I’d attribute that more to Dooku being a beast then Yoda growing stronger
Primarch
Primarch

October 23rd 2020, 3:29 pm
Vaelias wrote:
Dooku is still not Sidious level tho
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 23rd 2020, 3:56 pm
xolthol wrote:@Vaelias I've made a blog about this Yoda's Prime

Oh great haven’t seen that, I shall read
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 23rd 2020, 3:58 pm
Sith Archivist wrote:
Vaelias wrote:
Dooku is still not Sidious level tho

Probably close to it tho judging by the scaling
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

October 23rd 2020, 4:03 pm
There is no reason to assume Dooku can fight Sidious given Sidious’ equal Anakin destroyed him in seconds.

George Lucas wrote:But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn’t as strong as the Emperor – he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn’t what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that.

But then again the PT titans are all hard to judge.
Primarch
Primarch

October 23rd 2020, 4:08 pm
Vaelias wrote:
Well Sidious did choke Dooku from the galaxy so unlikely.
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

October 23rd 2020, 5:26 pm
Sith Archivist wrote:
Vaelias wrote:
Dooku likely didn’t have his barrier up and if he really did then i’m sure Sidious would be suspicious if he actively defended against Sidious’ force choke.
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 23rd 2020, 5:41 pm
Sith Archivist wrote:
Vaelias wrote:

Yeh that doesn’t mean anything, Dooku didn’t have any defenses up and wouldn’t defend against his master anyway, we see it all the time with sith apprentices not daring to defend against their masters let alone Sidious
Primarch
Primarch

October 23rd 2020, 5:44 pm
Seturna wrote:Dooku likely didn’t have his barrier up and if he really did then i’m sure Sidious would be suspicious if he actively defended against Sidious’ force choke.
Ok fair point.
Though another way we can prove Sidious' vast superiority over Dooku is the fact that Dooku was stomped by Talzin and Sidious was stalemating Talzin and likely would've overpowered her if the fight continued 1 on 1.
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 23rd 2020, 5:55 pm
Sith Archivist wrote:
Seturna wrote:Dooku likely didn’t have his barrier up and if he really did then i’m sure Sidious would be suspicious if he actively defended against Sidious’ force choke.
Ok fair point.
Though another way we can prove Sidious' vast superiority over Dooku is the fact that Dooku was stomped by Talzin and Sidious was stalemating Talzin and likely would've overpowered her if the fight continued 1 on 1.

True
I do agree that Sidious is more powerful than Dooku and maybe it doesn’t take much of a difference in power to stalemate talzin as oppose to being stomped by her and that is the difference between Dooku an Sheev as of TCW. also keep in mind TCW Dooku is very much toned down
Primarch
Primarch

October 23rd 2020, 6:00 pm
Vaelias wrote:
True
I do agree that Sidious is more powerful than Dooku and maybe it doesn’t take much of a difference in power to stalemate talzin as oppose to being stomped by her and that is the difference between Dooku an Sheev as of TCW. also keep in mind TCW Dooku is very much toned down
True that. Got captured by piratesĀ  When is Yodas Prime ? 1076326320
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

October 23rd 2020, 8:39 pm
If Yoda's prime was earlier on, wouldn't this make prime Yoda more powerful than ROTS Sidious? Where would he rank relative to ROTJ Sidious?
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 23rd 2020, 9:06 pm
Darth Nihilus wrote:If Yoda's prime was earlier on, wouldn't this make prime Yoda more powerful than ROTS Sidious? Where would he rank relative to ROTJ Sidious?

Probably about the same level as ROTJ Sidious maybe a bit weaker
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

October 23rd 2020, 11:50 pm
Yoda’s prime is RotS. Where he is stated the be the greatest LS user ever fighting harder than he has ever fought before.

Yoda has slacked off in TPM/AotC. As he is even with Dooku who is an 8. But by RotS he’s brushed up and is a 9
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 24th 2020, 12:12 am
HeartoftheForce wrote:Yoda’s prime is RotS. Where he is stated the be the greatest LS user ever fighting harder than he has ever fought before.

Yoda has slacked off in TPM/AotC. As he is even with Dooku who is an 8. But by RotS he’s brushed up and is a 9

Dooku was on par with him in the force not overall, but yodas strength in the force is stated by Yoda himself to be when he was about 700, I think it’s most likely a small inconsistency so I think it’s safe to assume his prime was when he was about 700
Thij
Thij

October 24th 2020, 1:40 am

Agreed. Don't see any other conclusive time point otherwise.
Vaelias
Vaelias

October 24th 2020, 1:52 am
Thij wrote:

Agreed. Don't see any other conclusive time point otherwise.

What do you have to say about Yodas statement about being unable to lift the Muntuur stones after 700, that clearly indicated his force proficiency has diminished
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

October 24th 2020, 2:14 am
Yoda’s statement about the stones is from nearly 100 years before RotS. Which fits with him dropping to tier 8 to be equal with Dooku in AotC. Yoda however goes through enormous growth after this to be back at 9 for RotS.

The force directly influences saber proficiency and augmentation. So Dooku is equal to AotC Yoda period.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum