Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 4:38 pm
H2H Only.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 4:50 pm
Rex?

Only H2H I recall for Thrawn is beating Kallus, but that's not exactly too impressive since Thrawn would know what Kallus is capable of, being a trained Imperial as well. Plus I'm sure that was Kallus' only H2H encounter.

Meanwhile Rex being a trained Trooper would have better H2H training than what the Imperial Navy or Intelligence would probably hand them. Granted I only recall him fighting Slick in H2H and....also losing somewhat, but given it was Trooper against Trooper, I find that better than a Naval Officer vs an Imperial Intelligence Operative, where the former would have knowledge of his technique, something I don't think Thrawn would have.

In all honesty though I'm not sure if I'm missing any H2H fights, though what I do recall the fights were kinda...lackluster frankly.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 5:03 pm
@Zenwolf wrote:Rex?

Only H2H I recall for Thrawn is beating Kallus, but that's not exactly too impressive since Thrawn would know what Kallus is capable of, being a trained Imperial as well. Plus I'm sure that was Kallus' only H2H encounter.

Meanwhile Rex being a trained Trooper would have better H2H training than what the Imperial Navy or Intelligence would probably hand them. Granted I only recall him fighting Slick in H2H and....also losing somewhat, but given it was Trooper against Trooper, I find that better than a Naval Officer vs an Imperial Intelligence Operative, where the former would have knowledge of his technique, something I don't think Thrawn would have.

In all honesty though I'm not sure if I'm missing any H2H fights, though what I do recall the fights were kinda...lackluster frankly.



We do see thrawn scrap with two assassin droids, though he killed them with a blaster. He does alright considering they fodderized both of the trooper guards
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 5:06 pm
And we know that kallus is definitely a decent Melee fighter when you examine him vs zeb 👀


https://youtu.be/15rsil_T-Qo
Zenwolf
Zenwolf

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 5:36 pm
@Jedi_Jesus wrote:And we know that kallus is definitely a decent Melee fighter when you examine him vs zeb 👀


https://youtu.be/15rsil_T-Qo

Those are with weapons not H2H skill.
Jedi_Jesus
Jedi_Jesus

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 5:40 pm
@Zenwolf wrote:
@Jedi_Jesus wrote:And we know that kallus is definitely a decent Melee fighter when you examine him vs zeb 👀


https://youtu.be/15rsil_T-Qo

Those are with weapons not H2H skill.

oh i agree entirely, i was just making note that we know he is at the least overly competent in any form of close quarters combat.
BigMouthPrick
BigMouthPrick

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 8:44 pm
Thrawn solidly. He is an alpha male powerhouse while Rex is a simp beta cuck.

Pretty sure Thrawn has a physical advantage anyway. He's taller and likely heavier.
Thrawn
Thrawn

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 10:52 pm
Thrawn.


Rebels made it plain that Thrawn was highly adept at H2h and kept up with his H2H training sparing against assassin droids. We saw him using sticks and staves, but he's obviously skilled in H2H as well.

More over, he's familiar with Imperial training regimens.

We know from Zahn's novel Thrawn he was able to stalemate a togorian dojo master in stick combat without really trying since he was there to gather information. Togorian's have superior physicals to a human.

Specialized training above and beyond the generic soldier, tactical superiority, and familiarity with both Chiss and Imperial H2H styles give Thrawn the edge.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

on September 14th 2020, 11:24 pm
Alright that I didn't know, so ok Thrawn, I was kinda unsure anyway.
Sponsored content

Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex   -(CANON)-  Empty Re: Canon Thrawn VS Captain Rex -(CANON)-

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum