Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Canon Luke Skywalker (RotJ) vs Canon Count Dooku (RotS) Empty Canon Luke Skywalker (RotJ) vs Canon Count Dooku (RotS)

April 9th 2020, 4:05 pm
Asides from the Canon versions, standard SI conditions.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Canon Luke Skywalker (RotJ) vs Canon Count Dooku (RotS) Empty Re: Canon Luke Skywalker (RotJ) vs Canon Count Dooku (RotS)

April 9th 2020, 4:09 pm
Dooku probably wins based on Filoni's notion of Luke being inferior to every council member which in turn clear makes him inferior to Dooku. Though Canon Vader is>Dooku
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

Canon Luke Skywalker (RotJ) vs Canon Count Dooku (RotS) Empty Re: Canon Luke Skywalker (RotJ) vs Canon Count Dooku (RotS)

April 9th 2020, 4:18 pm
Luke if he is close close/equal to Vader, which i belive to be the case.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

April 9th 2020, 4:18 pm
Filoni's notion is implicitly subjective.
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

April 9th 2020, 4:22 pm
SithSauce wrote:Dooku probably wins based on Filoni's notion of Luke being inferior to every council member which in turn clear makes him inferior to Dooku. Though Canon Vader is>Dooku
Filoni made that comment a long time ago (long before the legend-canon split even). Newer material like the new canon ROTJ novel indicates that Luke was a match for Vader. Even if Vader was hindered is hard to belive that Luke is so much below Vader that he loses to all council members.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 9th 2020, 6:27 pm
Given Luke's rough parity to Vader, I'm inclined to say Luke takes it. However, Dooku currently has a greater number of high-end feats. Luke does have arguably the greatest control TK feat in Canon, though, and his dueling feat against Vader in RotJ put him easily on Dooku's level, if not above him. Either way, I don't see this being a stomp.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 9th 2020, 6:41 pm
A heavily weakened Dooku was shaking apart an ancient fortress just as a side effect of one of his fights. I'll go with him.
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 9th 2020, 8:19 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:Given Luke's rough parity to Vader, I'm inclined to say Luke takes it. However, Dooku currently has a greater number of high-end feats. Luke does have arguably the greatest control TK feat in Canon, though, and his dueling feat against Vader in RotJ put him easily on Dooku's level, if not above him. Either way, I don't see this being a stomp.

Luke's rough parity to Vader puts him at TPM Kenobi level.
Arch_Sage
Arch_Sage

April 9th 2020, 8:58 pm
Luke wins in canon.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

April 9th 2020, 9:24 pm
Ziggy wrote:
Underachiever599 wrote:Given Luke's rough parity to Vader, I'm inclined to say Luke takes it. However, Dooku currently has a greater number of high-end feats. Luke does have arguably the greatest control TK feat in Canon, though, and his dueling feat against Vader in RotJ put him easily on Dooku's level, if not above him. Either way, I don't see this being a stomp.

Ziggy, this is canon. 

That said, Luke has this.
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 9th 2020, 9:34 pm
IG wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Ziggy, this is canon. 

That said, Luke has this.

TPM Kenobi level.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 9th 2020, 9:48 pm
Good meme. The chainsmoking skinny white supremacist strikes again.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 9th 2020, 9:55 pm
BoD wrote:A heavily weakened Dooku was shaking apart an ancient fortress just as a side effect of one of his fights. I'll go with him.
In an ambiguously non-Canon tale. Keep in mind, the story where Dooku performed that feat came from the Tales from Vader's Castle. It was told by a random Rebel who never met Dooku, Obi-Wan, or Adi Gallia. He was just telling a tall tale. No different than the claims of Luke pulling down Star Destroyers. It's an in-universe myth.

Not to mention, the fortress shaking was chalked up by Obi-Wan to the fortress' age moreso than Dooku's power. It was already on the verge of collapse before the battle started.

Last edited by Underachiever599 on April 10th 2020, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 10th 2020, 6:34 am
> Korriban wrote:The chainsmoking skinny white supremacist strikes again.

Aotc Kenobi level
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

April 11th 2020, 5:23 pm
Whether the tales true or not I could definitely see Dooku shaking a fortress. Legends at least. 

Canon Dooku depending on scaling could.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

April 11th 2020, 5:45 pm
Underachiever599 wrote:
BoD wrote:A heavily weakened Dooku was shaking apart an ancient fortress just as a side effect of one of his fights. I'll go with him.
In an ambiguously non-Canon tale. Keep in mind, the story where Dooku performed that feat came from the Tales from Vader's Castle. It was told by a random Rebel who never met Dooku, Obi-Wan, or Adi Gallia. He was just telling a tall tale. No different than the claims of Luke pulling down Star Destroyers. It's an in-universe myth.

Not to mention, the fortress shaking was chalked up by Obi-Wan to the fortress' age moreso than Dooku's power. It was already on the verge of collapse before the battle started.
Well unless we have any indication telling us otherwise, we still should take it as canon. And really, the stories seem to be from the view of the characters as soon as they start telling it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum