Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Vader V Exar Kun - Page 17 Empty Re: Darth Vader V Exar Kun

December 5th 2019, 7:25 pm
he considers TOTJ kun to much stronger than JA, cuz of some statements. problems with that is that it fucks up the scaling, very very badly, and the fact that the ritual which made him a spirit shouldve made him stronger, but it is what it is.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 5th 2019, 8:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
That Luke can't be >> Vader since he was getting challenged by an utter skrub like Exar Kun.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

December 5th 2019, 8:49 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:he considers TOTJ kun to much stronger than JA, cuz of some statements. problems with that is that it fucks up the scaling, very very badly, and the fact that the ritual which made him a spirit shouldve made him stronger, but it is what it is.

If by scaling you mean headcanon.

The ritual literally just made him a spirit, it didn't make him stronger. He had to use the temples to maintain his spirit or be sucked into the void. It's even stated he's lost all of his Force reserves. Literally nothing says spirit Kun > living Kun. Everything, including authors, says the opposite is true.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 5th 2019, 9:04 pm
You know, Wolf did a really interesting contextualised piece on this fight a few years ago. It basically debunks most of the bullshit raised to justify Kun's status.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/wollfmyth209/blog/luke-skywalker-vs-exar-kun-context-and-circumstanc/130541/
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 5th 2019, 9:04 pm
if he lost of all his force reserves, then its also contradictory, since he wanted to become a spirit to explore all that he wanted anywhere in the galaxy, i believe. all of this so that he could become stronger. 

alllllllllllllllllllllllll of his feats as a spirit> him in his living prime. by far too. and if he lost his reserves, how tf did he fight luke? amp kyp? amp himself using 'techniques that only he knew'? elaborate on this please.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 5th 2019, 9:05 pm
yeah, i remember reading that. luke was mentally fucked, it was huge dark side nexus, and he had help from kyp durron, whom luke didnt want to fight, much less kill.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 5th 2019, 9:06 pm
Just saying:

Kyp's full power + spirit Kun + dark side relics + one of the most potent dark side nexuses in the galaxy (one that made Oricon look like the Jedi Temple by comparison) > a mentally hindered Luke. 

Not exactly the most impressive scaling, I must say.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 5th 2019, 9:54 pm
Why are we talking about spirit Kun, this is TotJ.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 5th 2019, 10:10 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Just saying:

Kyp's full power + spirit Kun + dark side relics + one of the most potent dark side nexuses in the galaxy (one that made Oricon look like the Jedi Temple by comparison) > a mentally hindered Luke. 

Not exactly the most impressive scaling, I must say.

The book literally says, in the quote I shared, that spirit Kun was powerful enough himself to defeat Luke. I have also thoroughly debunked the idea Yavin IV is a dark side nexus anymore, given that the Jedi students used the nexus for the light side not even a year later, to ragdoll a star destroyer fleet. Kyp had no relics whatsoever so I don't know where you got that idea. Kyp himself is described and portrayed as far below Kun throughout the actual novel and gets the same treatment in I, Jedi.

Wolf's blog is him trying to justify the Kun showings within his Malak > Kun stuff, so he doesn't need to concede to standing by stances such as Novel!Vitiate >>>>> JA!Luke. Though I'll admit that's better, instead of just ignoring them outright.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 5th 2019, 10:11 pm
Dude, why are you even arguing with Kulvax?
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

December 5th 2019, 10:15 pm
Teach me the ways of Exar Kun
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 5th 2019, 10:20 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:if he lost of all his force reserves, then its also contradictory, since he wanted to become a spirit to explore all that he wanted anywhere in the galaxy, i believe. all of this so that he could become stronger. 

alllllllllllllllllllllllll of his feats as a spirit> him in his living prime. by far too. and if he lost his reserves, how tf did he fight luke? amp kyp? amp himself using 'techniques that only he knew'? elaborate on this please.

It's almost as if you've never bothered to read the source material. Kun only becomes a spirit to avoid being destroyed by the biggest gathering of Force users in galactic history at this point:

Champions of the Force wrote:When Master Vodo did not succeed, the other Jedi banded together in a massive strike force such as had never before been gathered.

Kun uses the negative energies of his turncoats to fuel his power:

Jedi Academy Sourcebook wrote:A few scant years later, Kun is brought sharply awake by the arrival of not one or two, but a dozen humans blazing with the power he needed to live again. Eagerly but cautiously, Kun observes each arrival, probing for weaknesses and the power he needs to restore his lost reserves of energy. For a time, he is able to subside by feeding on their residual energy, but soon he will need worshippers if he is to grow more active. With a nucleus of followers to provide him energy-providing anger and fear, Kun will have enough power to escape his exile and take on human form.

It's almost as if I wrote a respect thread explaining all of this: https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t822-exar-kun-the-ultimate-respect-thread-2019
MP

December 5th 2019, 10:22 pm
Inb4 Lorenzo claims there's nothing he didn't already know after reading the RT.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 5th 2019, 10:50 pm
Lulz
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

December 5th 2019, 11:03 pm
I recommend using totj kun feats to make your case @LadyKulvax. That's the only way you're going to convince them.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 5th 2019, 11:05 pm
I wanted to make this a fair fight, though. Going full TOTJ would be slaughter.
MP

December 5th 2019, 11:09 pm
Exar Kun > DE Sidious.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 5th 2019, 11:15 pm
Not even close.
MP

December 5th 2019, 11:50 pm
Agreed.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 5th 2019, 11:59 pm
Meatpants wrote:Exar Kun > DE Sidious.

Nah, he said 3 Kun would kill Sidious.
MP

December 6th 2019, 12:01 am
Well he’s wrong
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 6th 2019, 12:09 am
He's wrong? He is pretty fucking far from being wrong.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 6th 2019, 5:41 am
oddly enough, i did read that respect thread twice now lol

exar kun < vitiate pre prime < prime vitiate < ROTS sheev < ROTJ sheev < DE sheev < end of DE luke < JA luke.

thats facts rights there ^^^

there is no feasible, possible, logical way that a "much weaker" exar kun could fight against JA luke unless he either got stronger, or unless luke was fighting worse than mustafar anakin did. 

ROTJ vader's durability is too high for someone much weaker than sheev to fight against, so exar kun cant even damage him. fighting sabers would mean certain death too.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 6th 2019, 6:32 am
HellfireUnit wrote:He's wrong? He is pretty fucking far from being wrong.
What? Kun is one shot tier for Sidious lmao.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 6th 2019, 9:17 am
HellfireUnit wrote:Dude, why are you even arguing with Kulvax?
To see if he had any logical points that weren't reliant on the idea that a small academy could dispel one of the most powerful dark side nexuses in the galaxy. 

I'm not impressed.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum