Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Non-Force Users Storm Shimmra's Citadel Empty Non-Force Users Storm Shimmra's Citadel

February 16th 2020, 8:55 am
The boiz:

General Grievous
Durge
All IG-88 droids working together
Boba and Jango Fett
SCORPIO
HK47

All are in their composite prime, so all feats available from Legends and Canon, and also put Boba in his peak physique but with his peak mind and equipment.

They have ten minutes of prep to discuss a strategy. Their objective is identical to Luke and the twins'; storm the citadel, kill Shimmra and Onimi.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Non-Force Users Storm Shimmra's Citadel Empty Re: Non-Force Users Storm Shimmra's Citadel

February 16th 2020, 9:07 am
Has HK been force imbued by Revan?
Bart
Bart

Non-Force Users Storm Shimmra's Citadel Empty Re: Non-Force Users Storm Shimmra's Citadel

February 16th 2020, 9:13 am
Well, generally their chances are less inferior to those of the Jedi team, because Jedi naturally lose their precog when fighting Vongs, so the gap in success rate between Force user/nonsensitive is lower when they're gauged against the Vongs, than in any other scenario.

Still, the problem is, when storming the Citadel, the corridors were so narrow that Luke was the only that could fight. Jacen and Jaina barely ever fought, the toll of the fight was 99% on Luke because there was no physical way for the Solo siblings to help. Adding in the fact that Grievous and Durge are simply extremely large, the teamwork is going to be an insane problem.

That really, really seals the deal. With the aid of their insane equipment, I'm sure they can just bomb lots of the areas and destroy lots of the construction, so at first stages they can offset their disadvantage with that. I'm counting the fact that Vong constructions are absurdly durable - the equipment of these guys is also insanely powerful, so at worst they will just need more explosives because of the environment's durability. However, in the end, they're going to run out of ammo, and then the Citadel's construction really comes into play and it's game over. Sure, Grievous can use 100% of his power against the Vongs, while Luke can use, like, let's say 65-75% (obviously it's just an example lmao), but I wouldn't call Grievous a match to 10% of Luke's power.

So yeah, I think they can make their way through half of the Citadel maybe. Maybe less, maybe more - explosives are extremely good against the Vong, since despite being equal to Jedi, Vong have different skillsets; they can't Force Push the explosives, they can't Force Barrier themselves from it. And while vonduun crab armor will make them survive the absolute fugging worst (this shit is near invulnerable), they will be stunned, and given the enemy's skill, it will be all that's needed. But then explosives will run out in the end. Luke had to fight hundreds of Vongs on his way.

With Vong warriors being generally ~ random Jedi Knights, even when you really make the lowest assumption possible of the Vongs abilities, it's really, really hard to sell that their combat skill and insane teamwork can make them win.

That's not even including the fact that it's really, really hard to convince me this team would have a shot against TUF Luke himself. TUF Luke was going all out and making use of his insane speeds all the time, allowing him to essentially cut through hundreds of Vongs on the premise of that speed. TUF is one of the few instances where these enormous levels of Force Speed came into play, and it was specifically about Luke. Luke going all out on speed is something these guys just can't reach.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

February 16th 2020, 9:26 am
Boba solos

Spoiler:
Bart
Bart

February 16th 2020, 9:40 am
Problem is, they can't operate as a team without destroying the Citadel's construction, and they can't do that all time. This thing is the size of a dreadnaught.

As I said, the siblings couldn't help Luke and he was carrying the fight through Citadel all by himself.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 16th 2020, 9:51 am
SCORPIO is not a boi

Level Four
Level Four

February 16th 2020, 10:00 am
@Bart Well can’t Grievous just sweep them all with twirly sabers?
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 16th 2020, 10:14 am
I can envision a scenario where Grievous and Durge sweep the first of many stories/corridors while the blaster wielders play clean up, follow the lead and cover the rear. What can the Vong actually do to slow down Grievous or Durge?
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

February 16th 2020, 10:15 am
ILS wrote:I can envision a scenario where Grievous and Durge sweep the first of many stories/corridors while the blaster wielders play clean up, follow the lead and cover the rear. What can the Vong actually do to slow down Grievous or Durge?
This is pretty much what I meant.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 16th 2020, 10:30 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@Cheth lowkey didn't even notice your argument under the spoiler lol.

Another factor is that IG-88 is not only extremely fast and extremely accurate (he can react to blaster bolts in mid flight, then calculate their trajectory and reflect them back to the target, basically what Jedi but through sheer speed and processing power), but he has that accolade about how he would have been extremely effective against the Vong. All of his weapons are tailored towards killing them. There's four here (five if you wanted to add 72). So he could easily shoot around the tanks and who cares if he lands a glancing blow on them with a weapon that can't hurt them?

I think the only reason this isn't spite is how insane the task itself is. They will have casualties/injuries and less ammo if they reach the throne room and then they have 15 slayers, Shimmra and Onimi to deal with.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

February 16th 2020, 11:31 am
ILS wrote:@Cheth lowkey didn't even notice your argument under the spoiler lol.

Another factor is that IG-88 is not only extremely fast and extremely accurate (he can react to blaster bolts in mid flight, then calculate their trajectory and reflect them back to the target, basically what Jedi but through sheer speed and processing power), but he has that accolade about how he would have been extremely effective against the Vong. All of his weapons are tailored towards killing them. There's four here (five if you wanted to add 72). So he could easily shoot around the tanks and who cares if he lands a glancing blow on them with a weapon that can't hurt them?

I think the only reason this isn't spite is how insane the task itself is. They will have casualties/injuries and less ammo if they reach the throne room and then they have 15 slayers, Shimmra and Onimi to deal with.
Tbf Grievous and Durge (and the mandalorians) can manage to fight without the need of amounition. Just not sure about Omini
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum