Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

KOTOR vs SWTOR Empty KOTOR vs SWTOR

November 17th 2019, 12:25 pm
Which is the better game?

Last edited by EmperorCaedus on November 17th 2019, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

KOTOR vs SWTOR Empty Re: KOTOR vs SWTOR

November 17th 2019, 12:31 pm
KOTOR.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 12:40 pm
KOTOR, though I do like SWTOR.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

November 17th 2019, 2:16 pm
Kotor story is smaller but to my point a bit better. Kotor games mechanics are cool but I prefered Swtor one. Graphically Swtor is above.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 2:44 pm
SWTOR has far superior graphics, a far more fun combat system, more significant character choices, better world-building, and honestly a better main antagonist (Vitiate/Valkorion). KOTOR has a better story.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 2:52 pm
So SWTOR has better graphics and gameplay? That's a shocker, not like it was released years after or anything. Both are shitty on a graphical and gameplay level anyway. KOTOR's narrative and characters are leaps and bounds above. Oh yeah, Malak is a better villain than Valk as well.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 17th 2019, 2:56 pm
KotOR's gameplay is fun. TOR's is boring. KotOR has a better story, better companions, and yes, a better villain. I don't care for graphics.

Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 2:57 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:So SWTOR has better graphics and gameplay? That's a shocker, not like it was released years after or anything. Both are shitty on a graphical and gameplay level anyway. KOTOR's narrative and characters are leaps and bounds above. Oh yeah, Malak is a better villain than Valk as well.
Amazing thing about opinions is that you can disagree with them. It's an amazing thing, you should give it a try.

Oh, and it being released later doesn't change the fact that KOTOR's combat system is more painful than tearing tendons.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 3:07 pm
@BreakofDawn:

Amazing thing about opinions is that you can disagree with them. It's an amazing thing, you should give it a try.

Remind me of where the fuck in my post I went contrary to this POV?

Oh, and it being released later doesn't change the fact that KOTOR's combat system is more painful than tearing tendons.

Completely missed the point...
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 3:11 pm
Remind me of where the fuck in my post I went contrary to this POV?

Cool it. Not in the mood for your typical aggressiveness. 

Completely missed the point...

"So SWTOR has better graphics and gameplay? That's a shocker, not like it was released years after or anything."
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

November 17th 2019, 3:15 pm
It might have better graphics, but they are nonetheless underwhelming. In fact I’d say they are, proportionately to the year in which the game was released, inferior to KOTOR.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 3:44 pm
@BreakofDawn:

A) Concession accepted.

B) The point you missed was that not only is it irrelevant but that it's unreasonable to use it as evidence of TOR's superiority, when it was literally released well after...
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 17th 2019, 5:23 pm
I'd say Vanilla SWTOR is pretty good, not quite on Kotor levels though.

After that though with all the expansions, for me it just dropped a lot...I mean I still play it, but compared to Vanilla, all the other stories are just really trying to one up the other and it makes it kinda ridiculous.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 6:35 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:@BreakofDawn:

A) Concession accepted.

B) The point you missed was that not only is it irrelevant but that it's unreasonable to use it as evidence of TOR's superiority, when it was literally released well after...
KOTOR vs SWTOR Tenor

Ironically, the point that you yourself missed was that I have an opinion, and frankly I couldn't care less what you think of it. Sorry.  KOTOR vs SWTOR 1220391476
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 6:50 pm
Don't think I did miss it tbh.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 6:57 pm
That'd be a first.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 17th 2019, 8:52 pm
Would it now?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 18th 2019, 6:10 am
@DC77 (Reborn) @BreakofDawn Keep it cool. No idea why this spiraled out of control over nothing.
Romeothekotorlover
Romeothekotorlover

November 27th 2022, 11:52 am
Hey Guys!,

so people have been discussing and debating about it several times, and im telling you guys my opinion on this. In terms of gameplay and graphics, SWTOR no debate and i think that's obvious. In terms of story, Characters and Fun KOTOR takes this pretty easy then. I just can't see Vitiate or Malgus being a better villain then Darth Malak, Darth Traya or Darth Nihilus.

what do you guys think about this ?? KOTOR vs SWTOR 3750555731 KOTOR vs SWTOR 2257779481
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum