Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

Need help with KotOR II build Empty Need help with KotOR II build

February 22nd 2020, 9:28 pm
I am not sure if this is the right section for this kind of question, but I am going to ask it anyway: I recently beat KotOR II for the first time, and now I want to replay the game with a Qui-Gon Jinn build. The thing is, I am at somewhat of an impasse. I am not sure what his class combination nor stats should look like.

I want him to start off as a Guardian (he was one of the Order's greatest pure duelists) but then should I make him a Weaponmaster (due to the "pure" duelist distinction)? Or should I make him a Jedi Master (due to his attunement to the Living Force & the fact that he became the first Force Ghost (in canon anyway)? Also, what should his starting stat spread be? I want Strength to be his primary stat followed by Wisdom. But where should his Dexterity and Constitution lie?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Need help with KotOR II build Empty Re: Need help with KotOR II build

February 22nd 2020, 9:55 pm
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

February 23rd 2020, 4:56 am
The old WotC Star Wars D20 game statted out Qui-Gon at one point. That's probably a good starting point for how to do a Qui-Gon build in KotOR II. 

To start with, Guardian is the logical choice. Qui-Gon's in-game D20 stats are Str 13, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 15. Now, obviously that's more powerful than what you're able to do during character creation. So it's better to look at what his primary stats are. Intellect and Wisdom are both at +3, while Dexterity and Charisma are at +2, and Strength and Con are only at +1. So clearly, Int and Wis are his most important, followed closely by Dex and Cha. Con is his least important stat of the bunch. 

So, for the starting stat spread, I'd recommend putting Strength, Dex, Wisdom, and Charisma at 14 each during character creation, putting each at +2. I would say Intellect instead of Strength, but you're wanting to build a more strength based character. For the last 6 points, I'd put Constitution at 10 and Intellect at 12. Low Con can easily be made up by simply getting the right feat.  

Of course, later down the line, you'll be wanting to take Jedi Master. For Force Powers, you'll want to work toward Force Armor, Master Speed, and Master Valor, as well as the mind trick abilities. Force Body makes also sense for Qui-Gon's flagging stamina - pulling from both Vitality and Force Points, at a reduced cost, when you use Force powers.
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

February 23rd 2020, 8:39 am
Underachiever599 wrote:The old WotC Star Wars D20 game statted out Qui-Gon at one point. That's probably a good starting point for how to do a Qui-Gon build in KotOR II. 

To start with, Guardian is the logical choice. Qui-Gon's in-game D20 stats are Str 13, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 15. Now, obviously that's more powerful than what you're able to do during character creation. So it's better to look at what his primary stats are. Intellect and Wisdom are both at +3, while Dexterity and Charisma are at +2, and Strength and Con are only at +1. So clearly, Int and Wis are his most important, followed closely by Dex and Cha. Con is his least important stat of the bunch. 

So, for the starting stat spread, I'd recommend putting Strength, Dex, Wisdom, and Charisma at 14 each during character creation, putting each at +2. I would say Intellect instead of Strength, but you're wanting to build a more strength based character. For the last 6 points, I'd put Constitution at 10 and Intellect at 12. Low Con can easily be made up by simply getting the right feat.  

Of course, later down the line, you'll be wanting to take Jedi Master. For Force Powers, you'll want to work toward Force Armor, Master Speed, and Master Valor, as well as the mind trick abilities. Force Body makes also sense for Qui-Gon's flagging stamina - pulling from both Vitality and Force Points, at a reduced cost, when you use Force powers.
Thank you for the insight. Hmmm, I am a little surprised that they ranked his Strength so low 🤔.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

February 23rd 2020, 7:43 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I was pretty surprised, too, honestly
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum