Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

George Lucas's true thoughts on Force Awakens - Page 2 Empty Re: George Lucas's true thoughts on Force Awakens

September 27th 2019, 7:59 pm
George Lucas's true thoughts on Force Awakens - Page 2 1289255181

Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

George Lucas's true thoughts on Force Awakens - Page 2 Empty Re: George Lucas's true thoughts on Force Awakens

September 27th 2019, 8:00 pm
King Joker wrote:He had some awful ideas even relatively late into his tenure as head of SW, like cloning Darth Maul and putting him in the Legacy era, or desiring even more oversaturated CGI in his planning for the ST. And I don't think he's really a "learn from his mistakes" type, rather someone who doubles down out of spite.

Either way, the chances of us getting a high-quality post-RotJ trilogy were going to be slim regardless of Disney or Lucas being at the helm, lol. They should've stopped after RotS—that's when the Skywalker story really concluded.

Uhhhh what, he was planning on cloning Maul? That’s actually be interesting, though admittedly silly.
I was saying that he may have learned because he RotS are much better than TPM and AotC because the dialogue stopped being as bad, the use of CGI became less apparent and there was a lot more practical effects.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 27th 2019, 8:20 pm
Yeah lol, it was part of a canceled video game.

And I guess he did get better as the PT went on, but his fundamental flaws were still quite apparent.
LSDMB
LSDMB

September 27th 2019, 8:38 pm
King Joker wrote:And despite all of this, Lucas still would’ve managed to make a worse trilogy, lmao.
I don't agree. If nothing else, Lucas really understands narrative structure. Whatever criticisms people wanna levy at the PT, the underlying narrative is pretty genius even if it wasn't executed without some notable flaws. TFA by contrast is a repeat of the story of ANH, and TLJ is a clusterfuck of expectation subversion.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 27th 2019, 9:13 pm
LSDMB wrote:
King Joker wrote:TLJ is a clusterfuck of expectation subversion.
Not just that but it introduces some of the worst characters ( Rose and DJ).
And the humour was garbage
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 27th 2019, 9:21 pm
LSDMB wrote:
King Joker wrote:And despite all of this, Lucas still would’ve managed to make a worse trilogy, lmao.
I don't agree. If nothing else, Lucas really understands narrative structure. Whatever criticisms people wanna levy at the PT, the underlying narrative is pretty genius even if it wasn't executed without some notable flaws. TFA by contrast is a repeat of the story of ANH, and TLJ is a clusterfuck of expectation subversion.
Might actually agree with you now after hearing the RoS leaks, lmao.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

September 28th 2019, 6:35 am
King Joker wrote:Yeah lol, it was part of a canceled video game.

And I guess he did get better as the PT went on, but his fundamental flaws were still quite apparent.

That’s actually cool. I would’ve liked to have seen it, Filoni would’ve been so jealous kek.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 30th 2019, 1:01 pm
LSDMB wrote:

George Lucas's true thoughts on Force Awakens - Page 2 1289255181
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 19th 2019, 1:08 am
The prequels were hated, yes. But now around 75% of the fanbase actually enjoys the prequels for what they are. The Prequels tried to be something different, while TFA just went for the safe route of ripping off ANH, expecting it not to get called out on its bs.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum