Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Witness
The Witness

Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke? Empty Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke?

August 20th 2019, 3:23 am
I just found this video, while I was browsing through twitter. This is serious this time.
https://twitter.com/MollieDamon/status/1031957980298797056?s=09

Last edited by Sam on August 20th 2019, 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke? Empty Re: Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke?

August 20th 2019, 3:37 am
Of course he was. Luke in OT is just a kid with a tremendous potential and morals.
The Witness
The Witness

Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke? Empty Re: Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke?

August 20th 2019, 3:50 am
Curious is the link working for you?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 20th 2019, 3:56 am
Yeah, it works. The interview can be found in text form too.

https://billmoyers.com/content/mythology-of-star-wars-george-lucas/
LOTL

August 20th 2019, 3:57 am
Cite the quote
LOTL

August 20th 2019, 4:00 am
Lol. Are Bran and Ethan going ballistic on Discord?
The Witness
The Witness

August 20th 2019, 4:09 am
Azronger wrote:Yeah, it works. The interview can be found in text form too.

Were you aware of this interview before Az?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

August 20th 2019, 4:12 am
Sam wrote:
Azronger wrote:Yeah, it works. The interview can be found in text form too.

Were you aware of this interview before Az?

I was, yes.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 20th 2019, 4:21 am
Link works perfectly. Also there is a DC server of the forum?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 20th 2019, 5:03 am
Interesting, although just like the interview with Pablo Hidalgo confirming Anakin>Vader it doesn’t specify the time period. It is also important to note that Lucas is referring specifically to the impression one has by watching the OT. I say this because I just cannot ignore the enormous amount of quotes that confirm Luke and Vader are equals by rotj.
The Witness
The Witness

August 20th 2019, 11:42 am
MasterCilghal wrote:Interesting, although just like the interview with Pablo Hidalgo confirming Anakin>Vader it doesn’t specify the time period. It is also important to note that Lucas is referring specifically to the impression one has by watching the OT. I say this because I just cannot ignore the enormous amount of quotes that confirm Luke and Vader are equals by rotj.
I was assuming ROTJ
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 20th 2019, 11:56 am
Given all the surrounding context is about how children love power yet are powerless, I don't think Lucas' usage of "power" for Vader refers to "the amount of Force power he has" rather than "one guy is basically the ruler of the galaxy with Death Stars and armies whereas the other's a small tag-tag team." People forget "power" has many meanings and the one we commonly attribute to it isn't really ever how it's used in real life talk. Lucas isn't trying to rip out lore accolades here, lmao.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 20th 2019, 12:28 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Given all the surrounding context is about how children love power yet are powerless, I don't think Lucas' usage of "power" for Vader refers to "the amount of Force power he has" rather than "one guy is basically the ruler of the galaxy with Death Stars and armies whereas the other's a small tag-tag team." People forget "power" has many meanings and the one we commonly attribute to it isn't really ever how it's used in real life talk. Lucas isn't trying to rip out lore accolades here, lmao.

Ant does have a valid point.
The Witness
The Witness

August 20th 2019, 1:04 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:Given all the surrounding context is about how children love power yet are powerless, I don't think Lucas' usage of "power" for Vader refers to "the amount of Force power he has" rather than "one guy is basically the ruler of the galaxy with Death Stars and armies whereas the other's a small tag-tag team." People forget "power" has many meanings and the one we commonly attribute to it isn't really ever how it's used in real life talk. Lucas isn't trying to rip out lore accolades here, lmao.
I put a question mark. I'm not taking this as Lucas saying Vader>Luke. Just wanted to get everybody's interpretation. But if Lucas is referring to what you think he is. Wouldn't he say Darth Vader has more power than Luke rather than Darth Vader is more powerful than Luke?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 20th 2019, 1:09 pm

Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke? 1289255181
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 20th 2019, 1:16 pm
I completely agree with Ant here
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

August 20th 2019, 1:36 pm
Sam wrote:
I put a question mark. I'm not taking this as Lucas saying Vader>Luke. Just wanted to get everybody's interpretation. But if Lucas is referring to what you think he is. Wouldn't he say Darth Vader has more power than Luke rather than Darth Vader is more powerful than Luke?
I meant my post to be directed toward everyone rather than you specifically, my bad. Though, I'm not sure that change in wordage would mean anything. "Has more power" and "is more powerful" seem to be interchangeable. Note people will say "The president is more powerful than the vice president" or something like that.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

August 20th 2019, 2:22 pm
Anyone else wondering wtf the girl who posted this is talking about when she is trying to compare Vader to online bullies, and how they create chaos while hiding behind a computer similar to Vader creating chaos While hiding behind a mask. Yeh cuz it's everyday you hear about an online bully using magic powers to choke their victims to death Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke? 1289255181
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 20th 2019, 3:34 pm
NotAA3 wrote:

Lucas confirms Darth Vader is more powerful than ROTJ Luke? 1289255181
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum