Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

Darth Bane and Zannah vs ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke Empty Darth Bane and Zannah vs ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke

April 8th 2020, 8:44 am
Standard rules
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

Darth Bane and Zannah vs ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke Empty Re: Darth Bane and Zannah vs ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke

April 8th 2020, 9:16 am
It can go either way. If I had to choose I will bet on Zannah and Bane because of the madness spells of Zannah.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Darth Bane and Zannah vs ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke Empty Re: Darth Bane and Zannah vs ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke

April 8th 2020, 9:49 am
Backing team 2 decisively unless Zannah has a chance to use her spells.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 8th 2020, 11:32 am
If Zannah finds an opening to use her spells, team 1 wins decisively. But both Vader and Luke tend to be extremely aggressive duelists at this point in time. I doubt they would give her the breathing room necessary.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 8th 2020, 3:42 pm
backing team 2
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 8th 2020, 11:03 pm
Darth Bane and Zannah vs ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke 20200410
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

April 8th 2020, 11:55 pm
Team 1
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 9th 2020, 5:01 am
ROTJ Luke is a bit of a weak link so I will say team 1
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 9th 2020, 12:24 pm
SithSauce wrote:ROTJ Luke is a bit of a weak link so I will say team 1

How is he a weak link when he's equal to the other member of his team?
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 9th 2020, 12:29 pm
@NotAA3 Because I'm unconvinced that Vader wasn't conflicted during his duel against Luke when the movie itself states that he was
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 9th 2020, 12:45 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@SithSauce

Because I'm unconvinced that Vader wasn't conflicted during his duel against Luke when the movie itself states that he is.

My rebuttal to this is threefold:

-Many sources clarify Vader was trying his hardest to overwhelm Luke and used his full power - he "brought his full strength and power against the younger man" (ROTJ Comic), "wanted revenge" for Luke humiliating him (ROTJ Novel), experienced "bald anger" at Luke (ROTJ Novel), etc - regardless of any inner conflict he may have had it clearly didn't affect his sure mindset in the fight.

-You highlight Vader's conflict in the duel, yet act like Luke had none of his own. While holding back, and saying he doesn't want to fight Vader, he stonewalls him to the point where Vader is breathing hard from trying to breach his guard.

-Some quotes highlighting their equality are clearly exempt from the context of the duel. Take these two:

Beware of the Sith wrote:Although Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker are equally strong in the Force, their duels are more than just about physical strength.

Jedi Battles wrote:Father and son were now equally strong with the Force and equally skilled with their lightsabers. But this battle was more than just physical strength and Force powers.

Refer to the blue text in both. It clearly distinguishes their equality from the emotional context of the fight stating the battle is about "more than physical strength" after it highlights their physical equality. The quotes recognize the emotional context of the duel, and still state Luke has equality anyway. There is absolutely no reason to doubt them, and they're as concrete as it gets.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 9th 2020, 1:02 pm
NotAA3 wrote:@SithSauce

Because I'm unconvinced that Vader wasn't conflicted during his duel against Luke when the movie itself states that he is.

-Many sources clarify Vader was trying his hardest to overwhelm Luke and used his full power - he "brought his full strength and power against the younger man" (ROTJ Comic), "wanted revenge" for Luke humiliating him (ROTJ Novel), experienced "bald anger" at Luke (ROTJ Novel), etc - regardless of any inner conflict he may have had it clearly didn't affect his sure mindset in the fight.

-You highlight Vader's conflict in the duel, yet act like Luke had none of his own. While holding back, and saying he doesn't want to fight Vader, he stonewalls him to the point where Vader is breathing hard from trying to breach his guard.

-Some quotes highlighting their equality are clearly exempt from the context of the duel. Take these two:

Beware of the Sith wrote:Although Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker are equally strong in the Force, their duels are more than just about physical strength.

Jedi Battles wrote:Father and son were now equally strong with the Force and equally skilled with their lightsabers. But this battle was more than just physical strength and Force powers.

Refer to the blue text in both. It clearly distinguishes their equality from the emotional context of the fight stating the battle is about "more than physical strength" after it highlights their physical equality. The quotes recognize the emotional context of the duel, and still state Luke has equality anyway. There is absolutely no reason to doubt them, and they're as concrete as it gets.
nice post
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 9th 2020, 1:37 pm
NotAA3 wrote:@SithSauce

Great post! I've been arguing this for years, but you summed it up better than I've been able to.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 9th 2020, 3:47 pm
@NotAA3 Will get back to you later
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

April 9th 2020, 4:38 pm
Team 2 although Zannah's a wild card with her sorcery
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 9th 2020, 4:58 pm
Your out of the cult hp
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 10th 2020, 1:59 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
TPM Kenobi
Arch_Sage
Arch_Sage

April 10th 2020, 8:16 pm
SithSauce wrote:ROTJ Luke is a bit of a weak link so I will say team 1
ROTJ Luke => VaderĀ  Darth Bane and Zannah vs ROTJ Vader and ROTJ Luke 2960029119
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

April 11th 2020, 3:48 am
Darth Zannah's sorcery seals the deal. Team 1 wins.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 11th 2020, 4:14 am
King Joker wrote:Darth Zannah's sorcery seals the deal. Team 1 wins.
I sincerely doubt either vader or luke Will give her time to do that.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

April 11th 2020, 4:24 am
The lord of hunger wrote:

Neither Vader or Luke is aware of Zannah's abilities and thus won't feel compelled to press a rabid offensive from the outset in order to prevent Zannah from unleashing her spells (spells that she could cast out at the very start of the duel or whenever there's a brief pause in an offensive—the latter happening at least once in almost every duel in Star Wars).
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 11th 2020, 4:28 am
KingofBlades wrote:Team 2 although Zannah's a wild card with her sorcery

How weak do you think Bane and Zannah actually are?

Level Two
Level Two

April 11th 2020, 4:35 am
King Joker wrote:
The lord of hunger wrote:

Neither Vader or Luke is aware of Zannah's abilities and thus won't feel compelled to press a rabid offensive from the outset in order to prevent Zannah from unleashing her spells (spells that she could cast out at the very start of the duel or whenever there's a brief pause in an offensive—the latter happening at least once in almost every duel in Star Wars).
Well it could go in two ways tbh vader acting like the monster machine he is and Luke acting more carefully during the fight or either of them getting trapped by the sith spell any chance is validable
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

April 11th 2020, 5:06 am
<3
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 11th 2020, 5:57 am
Azronger wrote:
KingofBlades wrote:Team 2 although Zannah's a wild card with her sorcery

How weak do you think Bane and Zannah actually are?

What do you mean? @Azronger
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum