Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 13 Empty Re: Underrated/overrated characters on forums?

December 18th 2019, 11:53 am
Maks Leem wrote:I mean...he’s likely on the same level as ROTS Wankatine, maybe Yoda’s equal
I really don't see how. Approaching them maybe, but he was comparable (maybe slightly superior) to post boost Sheev, who then underwent over 10 years of power growth on top of that.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 13 Empty Re: Underrated/overrated characters on forums?

December 19th 2019, 10:53 pm
caffeineandshiny wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:How dare you insult Kun the omnipotent, who scales above Vitiate!
🤣 Haven't you heard? Exar scales above DE Sidious too! While weakened!

Literally no one says kriff like this about Exar.

The fact you two have to go around strawmanning Kun because you lost arguments against him is pretty pathetic.

BoD, you specifically tried to claim Vitiate has canonical superiority over Kun but were debunked when you realised the SWTOR:E is an entirely IU source. Just accept that and move on. Come up with a feats comparison that proves it instead of going around mocking Kun supporters when they're not around. This is sad.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 19th 2019, 11:32 pm
Kun > Malak > Revan KOTOR > Revan Reborn > Novel Vitiate >>> SWTOR Vitiate

Is it useless to resist.
The Witness
The Witness

December 20th 2019, 2:31 am
Kotor Revan>Malak
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 20th 2019, 8:23 am
Everything should be <
The Witness
The Witness

December 20th 2019, 9:09 am
I see now
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 20th 2019, 10:17 am
BoD, you specifically tried to claim Vitiate has canonical superiority over Kun but were debunked when you realised the SWTOR:E is an entirely IU source. Just accept that and move on. Come up with a feats comparison that proves it instead of going around mocking Kun supporters when they're not around. This is sad.

Lmao. Nothing about that was debunked. I gave up trying to convince you when you continued to use sources like Kun being the most powerful at a time when Vitiate was explicitly an unknown entity (and before Vitiate's status as the most powerful Sith of his time was established). Your argument was that because he's mentioned in a vague holonet entry, then obviously Kun > Vitiate based on that quote, which is frankly bollocks. There's also the codex, which combines IU and OOU knowledge, making it a perfectly credible source.
caffeineandshiny
caffeineandshiny

December 22nd 2019, 12:04 am
LadyKulvax wrote:
caffeineandshiny wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:How dare you insult Kun the omnipotent, who scales above Vitiate!
🤣 Haven't you heard? Exar scales above DE Sidious too! While weakened!

Literally no one says kriff like this about Exar.

The fact you two have to go around strawmanning Kun because you lost arguments against him is pretty pathetic.

When have I lost an argument against Kun? My last post on the matter specifically started with "regardless (this is the part where I try to get back on topic)". Aka, it was going off the original topic and running in circles for far too long and I was attempting to "get back on topic". I also posted it before your final response; continuing the conversation was pointless, nothing anyone says is ever going to change your mind (which is fine, you are entitled to your opinion and I have agreed with certain things you have said in the past, not the least of which being your defense of Tulak Hord). You were using a scaling chain that was flawed at every point along it (not even just a single link) and threw up a shield of "maybes" and a German blurb to justify ignoring how the fights went. I felt like plenty of people could see the problems in it without me having to have the last word.

And its obviously a joke, and not even one directed at you.

The whole point of this topic is to bring up wank characters and underrated characters. Of COURSE there are going to be jokes and over exaggerations about how high a character is ranked. And when it comes to Kun statements like that aren't so far off the truth from what has been said in the past.

The people who overused the author opinion that Exar > Sidious a few years ago most certainly WERE trying to argue that and it most certainly is LoL worthy.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/exar-kun-vs-darth-sidious-1762083/
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 25th 2019, 11:41 am
Underrated characters ironically speaking are exar kun,vader,malak,bane,ulic quel droma and jaina solo 

Overated characters: nyax,plagueis,Cáedus,valkorion,nihilus and dooku
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 12:01 pm
The lord of hunger wrote:Underrated characters ironically speaking are exar kun,vader,malak,bane,ulic quel droma and jaina solo 

Lol.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 25th 2019, 12:18 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:
The lord of hunger wrote:Underrated characters ironically speaking are exar kun,vader,malak,bane,ulic quel droma and jaina solo 

Lol.
i mean in other forums he is extremely overrated,the most brilliant example of that is comic vine and whowouldwin
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 1:14 pm
Here most people have him pretty low tbh.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

December 25th 2019, 2:56 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Here most people have him pretty low tbh.
lol at least its not like vader where some people think its on the same level as aotc anakin
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 3:32 pm
Underrated: Caedus, Cade, Meetra Surik, Bane, Maul, AOTC/TCW Mace, Kyp Durron, novel Vitiate, Ezra Bridger.

Underrated but gaining respect: Malgus, Vader, Kanan Jarrus.

Bit underrated: ROTS Mace, unchained Vaylin, Satele Shan.

Rated about right: KFV, Yoda, Sidious (ROTS - DE), TPM Mace, Valkorion, Outlander, Mara-Jade Skywalker, Arcann, Ahsoka Tano.

Bit overrated: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, Vitiate, SoR Revan, GM Luke, Darish Vol, Darth Marr, Cal Kestis.

Overrated: ESB/ROTJ Luke, TPM/pre-TPM Sidious, Revan Reborn, prime Krayt, Mustafar Kenobi.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on December 25th 2019, 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 25th 2019, 3:36 pm
i think Yoda, KFV, and ROTS seem slightly overrated to me as well, but i think it depends too, cuz its on certain circumstances that i see the 'wank'. oh man TPM sheev is super wank mode activated 100%. i think mustafar Kenobi can be a bit overrated as well. i think valk can be overrated, the same way as ROTS sheev. i think DE sheev is also overrated. vitiate is also a bit overrated imo. ugh revan can be hella overrated at times. ROTJ luke too. i think krayt can be underrated tbh. caedus also seems to be underrated.  Vader is EASILY the most underrated character here.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 3:50 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:i think Yoda, KFV, and ROTS seem slightly overrated to me as well, but i think it depends too, cuz its on certain circumstances that i see the 'wank'. oh man TPM sheev is super wank mode activated 100%. i think mustafar Kenobi can be a bit overrated as well. i think valk can be overrated, the same way as ROTS sheev. i think DE sheev is also overrated. vitiate is also a bit overrated imo. ugh revan can be hella overrated at times. ROTJ luke too. i think krayt can be underrated tbh. caedus also seems to be underrated.  Vader is EASILY the most underrated character here.
Valk definitely isn't overrated. His feats are among the best in the mythos for a Force user, and he scales pretty massively above Vaylin and the Outlander.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 25th 2019, 3:53 pm
i think he is tbh. people still put him above ROTS sheev, for some reason, and say that he is about as strong as DE sheev or some such. i highly disagree with this.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 3:56 pm
Because his feats blow almost all of ROTS Sheev's out of the water, not to mention his ridiculous scaling.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 25th 2019, 4:01 pm
he can have all the scaling and feats he wants. iirc, Obi Wan has some TK feats that are better than sheev's. him being above AOTC anakin, who has some of the best TK feats in the series is low key better than almost all of Sheev's TK feats, even though Sheev>>>>>>> AOTC anakin. I go by statements and accolades, and some of them make me think sheev > Valk
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 7:31 pm
he can have all the scaling and feats he wants. iirc, Obi Wan has some TK feats that are better than sheev's.
Like?

him being above AOTC anakin, who has some of the best TK feats in the series is low key better than almost all of Sheev's TK feats, even though Sheev>>>>>>> AOTC anakin. I go by statements and accolades,
AOTC Anakin has statements indicating he's the most powerful Jedi of his time even at that point, yet I doubt you have him > Yoda.

and some of them make me think sheev > Valk

Valk has similar accolades and also the feats to back it up.
O-Siri
O-Siri

December 25th 2019, 8:29 pm
Dooku is ridiculously overrated. Somehow being exhausted by AotC Anakin(words of Dooku fans not me) and only defending yourself against Yoda while being severely outclassed in all relevant sources puts you above TPM Sidious and Maul in his stomping range.

End-of-RotS Kenobi. People act like he bumped up an entire class or something when all he did was dig deeper than he had before. He isn't beating Dooku or holding his own against Sidious. 

Ben likewise. Ridiculous claims of him being "only slightly less powerful"l than "end-of-rots" Kenobi. No, the guy is a done retired old man who can't keep pace with an overly cautious Vader in a low-intensity tactical duel and in his own words is "too old for this sort of thing". Too old to take a trip Alderaan? And this guy is supposed to be better than "IH Kenobi"? Seriously?

Anakin. The guy is not Sidious level. It's debatable if he's even better than Mace. Fact fighting is 90% mental and he isn't mentally above Kenobi, and not just specific to Mustafar. The "hindered" argument is old outdated fanfiction. He's physically gifted but mentally weak, that's why he turned to the dark side. It puts him a cut below Yoda and Sidious and debatably Mace too. Kenobi wasn't "amped" he dug deep and fought against his own reluctance to kill his brother. Why Anakin a dark sider trying to kill Obi-Wan would be more hindered than Obi-Wan a light sider who explicitly doesn't want to kill Anakin is beyond me.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 25th 2019, 8:44 pm
like pushing huge ass trees down and bending Grievous' metallic whatever like it was a cheap spoon, which Sheev can obviously replicate, but has never done so.

i would like to see one of those tbh. of course i dont. i dont even have prime anakin above yoda either, so yeah.

i never disagreed with that. i just think that Sidious accolades put him above valk by ROTS. As in, very very close, but never above.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 9:11 pm
like pushing huge ass trees down
This really isn't that impressive for a mid to high tier like Sheev, Mace or even Kenobi.

and bending Grievous' metallic whatever like it was a cheap spoon, which Sheev can obviously replicate, but has never done so.

No, but he effortlessly dominated Grievous' mind in Labyrinth of Evil. This is hardly a feat beyond Sheev when Sheev has feats like effortlessly ragdolling TCW Maul, who was ~ pre-ROTS Obi-Wan and would give even IH Kenobi a good to great fight.

i would like to see one of those tbh. of course i dont. i dont even have prime anakin above yoda either, so yeah.

Will have to find them again but they're floating around the board.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 25th 2019, 9:12 pm
Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 13 Chosen10
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 25th 2019, 9:17 pm
i awalys took those "powerful in the force" statements with a grain of salt, since it can mean both power and potential ,but they never karking specify lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum