Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Primarch
Primarch

Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz Empty Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz

January 5th 2021, 3:13 pm
^
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz Empty Re: Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz

January 5th 2021, 3:17 pm
What's up with you and the brotherhood era lately?

Anyway, team.
Primarch
Primarch

Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz Empty Re: Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz

January 5th 2021, 3:19 pm
VictreebelVictr wrote:What's up with you and the brotherhood era lately?

Anyway, team.
Idk, I just like battles with lesser known characters
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light

January 5th 2021, 3:30 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Savage ragdolls them.

January 5th 2021, 3:34 pm
Savage Opress.
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

January 5th 2021, 3:47 pm
KingKopecz wrote:
VictreebelVictr wrote:What's up with you and the brotherhood era lately?

Anyway, team.
Idk, I just like battles with lesser known characters
That's cool. Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz 1289255181
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 5th 2021, 4:09 pm
The team.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 5th 2021, 4:52 pm
Yeah Savage.
Vengean
Vengean

January 5th 2021, 7:11 pm
Kaan + Kas'im is more than enough. They stomp.
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 5th 2021, 7:27 pm
Vengean wrote:Kaan + Kas'im is more than enough. They stomp.

Both are significantly weaker in the Force than a massively pre-prime Bane.

Savage is comparable in Force power to TPM Maul. The gap between him and prime Bane is enormous.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

January 5th 2021, 7:51 pm
Tybalt wrote:
Vengean wrote:Kaan + Kas'im is more than enough. They stomp.

Both are significantly weaker in the Force than a massively pre-prime Bane.

Savage is comparable in Force power to TPM Maul. The gap between him and prime Bane is enormous.

Maul has done what in TPM exactly? I don't recall much from him Force wise. In fact the only significant thing I recall Force wise from TPM is Force pushing Obi-Wan, the other thing was throwing some debris at a door.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 5th 2021, 8:04 pm
Pretty scaling above a feat that dwarfs PoD Bane temple leveling attack is all it takes.
Praxis
Praxis

January 5th 2021, 8:32 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
TPM Maul is a peer of TPM Sheev who is way beyond Bane, and Bane is significantly more powerful than anyone from the team. S4 Savage is already around TPM Maul level and then stack on the growth he gets in S5 and it becomes pretty clear Savage should steamroll.

[hideedit]

Last edited by Praxis on January 5th 2021, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

January 5th 2021, 8:46 pm
If Kas'im and Kopecz cover Kaan so that he can use his life crushing telepathy, Oppress is likely done for.

Darkness Shared wrote:He could sense his Master's summons in the Force, and he could not resist the beckoning much longer. Lord Kaan was calling them all, the entire Brotherhood.

Darkness Shared
If I remember correctly, there are about 20,000 Sith Lords within the Brotherhood of Darkness.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 5th 2021, 8:48 pm
VictreebelVictr wrote:If Kas'im and Kopecz cover Kaan so that he can use his life crushing telepathy, Oppress is likely done for.

Darkness Shared wrote:He could sense his Master's summons in the Force, and he could not resist the beckoning much longer. Lord Kaan was calling them all, the entire Brotherhood.

Darkness Shared
If I remember correctly, there are about 20,000 Sith Lords within the Brotherhood of Darkness.

Savage was passively sending out power waves which could be felt across the galaxy. Besides, Maul in his teens has a feat which dwarfs PoD Bane's temple archway busting and Bane could resist Kaan. 

There's no avenue for the trio to win here.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 5th 2021, 11:29 pm
Savage oneshots
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

January 5th 2021, 11:51 pm
Praxis wrote:TPM Maul is a peer of TPM Sheev who is way beyond Bane, and Bane is significantly more powerful than anyone from the team. S4 Savage is already around TPM Maul level and then stack on the growth he gets in S5 and it becomes pretty clear Savage should steamroll.

[hideedit]

Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz 39523600
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 5:20 am
Yeah, I wouldn't go that far.

Suddenly, my lightsaber is gone. It flies from my hand across the room. It lands in the hand of my Master.

I never see him enter. Not if he doesn't want me to.

The smile of triumph fades from my face.

"Do you think, " Lord Sidious says, walking toward me, "you can ever relax your guard?"

"No, Master. " What a clumsy, weak mistake. I should be prepared for him to enter at all times. How could I have forgotten that, even for a moment?

The lightsaber whirls in the air, twirling, held in my Master's hand. I can't track it, it moves so fast. But I know it's heading for me.

Lord Sidious moves faster than my eye can follow. I smell heat and smoke. The laser traces the outline of my body, my face, my hands. The buzz is loud in my ear. One flinch, one involuntary twitch of a muscle, and I am dead.

I do not flinch.

At last, Lord Sidious deactivates my weapon. He tosses it toward me. The sweat on my palm almost causes me to drop it.

"Do not let me see you relax your guard again, " my Master says. His eyes burn. "You are valuable, yes. But you are not indispensable, Lord Maul. I can do without you."

A flick of his robe, and he is gone.

Star Wars: Episode I Journal - Darth Maul
Praxis
Praxis

January 6th 2021, 4:17 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Tybalt wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't go that far.

Suddenly, my lightsaber is gone. It flies from my hand across the room. It lands in the hand of my Master.

"Do you think, " Lord Sidious says, walking toward me, "you can ever relax your guard?"

"No, Master. " What a clumsy, weak mistake. I should be prepared for him to enter at all times. How could I have forgotten that, even for a moment?

The lightsaber whirls in the air, twirling, held in my Master's hand. I can't track it, it moves so fast. But I know it's heading for me.

Lord Sidious moves faster than my eye can follow. I smell heat and smoke. The laser traces the outline of my body, my face, my hands. The buzz is loud in my ear. One flinch, one involuntary twitch of a muscle, and I am dead.

I do not flinch.

At last, Lord Sidious deactivates my weapon. He tosses it toward me. The sweat on my palm almost causes me to drop it.

"Do not let me see you relax your guard again, " my Master says. His eyes burn. "You are valuable, yes. But you are not indispensable, Lord Maul. I can do without you."

A flick of his robe, and he is gone.

It's made pretty clear that Maul is taken off guard there. It's kind of the point of the scene. He isn't tapping into the Force to augment his senses like he would during a normal fight. It's similar to when Anakin is watching Mace and Sheev fight in the ROTS novel and sees them as blurs even though he's on their level.

As for why I think Maul is at least a peer of TPM Sheev:

Star Wars Episode I Journal - Darth Maul (2000) wrote:I do not mind waiting. I use my time wisely. Waiting time is training time. Every minute of my life is devoted to learning the glorious Sith tradition as well as hard physical training. I keep myself in a constant state of readiness. When I meet the Jedi I will be at the peak of my power. I will be the strongest fighter in the galaxy.

Star Wars Episode I Journal - Darth Maul (2000) wrote:My relationship with my Master is complex. He rules me. He orders me and directs me. Yet we are both Sith Lords, and though I am his apprentice I share some of his power. As I have grown, so has his confidence in me. I stand by his side, but slightly behind, in his shadow.

I am content there. I still have much to learn. Not in battle, but in larger strategies. He sees weakness and exploits it. He senses anger and inflames it. His vision takes in a galaxy, with its multitude of planets and governments. The complexity doesn't intimidate him. He can hold it in his mind and know that someday, he will control it all.

Star Wars Episode I Journal - Darth Maul (2000) wrote:He parries my next blow. Sweat stings my eyes as I move across the rough cave floor. I do not stumble. I am nothing but the pulse of my anger, pure energy, pure darkness. I streak across the cave floor and come at him again, somersaulting through the air. My lightsaber whirls in the darkness. When he parries the blow, he staggers.

I am going to kill him. Every beat of my blood exults in my power. Every blow I deliver is meant to be the killing blow. I use reserves of strength I did not know I had. My blows are sure and precise, my footwork flawless. I gather in the power of the dark side. I feel my power clash with his. The air is thick, charged with our dark, titanic powers.

He parries every blow. But I see that he has to work hard to keep me at bay. Triumph roars through me at my Master's weakness. He is not as powerful as he appears.

Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz Image0
Source: The Dark Side Sourcebook

Darth Maul - Saboteur (2001) wrote:Sidious put his hands on his hips. "Stand, Darth Maul, and face me." He gave his apprentice a moment to comply before continuing. "Thus far your apprenticeship has been impeccable. You have never wavered in your intent, and you have executed your tasks flawlessly. Your skill as a sword master is peerless."

starwars.com - September 2000 Comics wrote:Hiding in the shadows of the Republic are two threats competing for dominance. First, the legendary Sith prepare to reveal themselves to the Jedi, in events leading up to The Phantom Menace. Second, there's the criminal syndicate Black Sun, which threatens to complicate Darth Sidious' plan. His solution: to dispatch the deadliest Sith warrior in the galaxy.

Darth Maul - Shadow Hunter (2001) wrote:Alone in his secret chambers, Darth Sidious meditated on this latest set of circumstances.

In many ways Darth Maul was an exemplary acolyte. His loyalty was unquestionable and unshakable; Sidious knew that, if he were to command it, Maul would sacrifice his life without a second's hesitation. And his skills as a warrior were nonpareil.

Nevertheless, Maul had his flaws, and by far the largest of these was hubris. Though he had said nothing when given the assignment, Sidious knew Maul felt that such a job was beneath his skills. There were times-many times-when Sidious could see Maul's aura pulsing with the dark stain of impatience. He wondered sometimes if he had inculcated too much hatred of the Jedi and their ways in his apprentice. Maul did tend to focus on their destruction at the expense of the larger picture.

Even so, Sidious had every confidence that Maul would accomplish the task he had been set. Complications and setbacks were to be expected, and would be dealt with. All that mattered was the grand design, and it was proceeding apace. Soon the Jedi would be put to the slaughter. That should make his impetuous subordinate happy. Soon. Very soon.

Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz 73110-5263582Bk
Source: Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace Widevision (1999)
Primarch
Primarch

January 6th 2021, 4:46 pm
Siolo Ur Manka > TPM Palpatine
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 6th 2021, 5:06 pm
Praxis, you are an enemy of the state. Ban worthy
Praxis
Praxis

January 6th 2021, 5:13 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz Enlarge
Tybalt
Tybalt

January 6th 2021, 6:19 pm
@Praxis

It's made pretty clear that Maul is taken off guard there. It's kind of the point of the scene. He isn't tapping into the Force to augment his senses like he would during a normal fight. It's similar to when Anakin is watching Mace and Sheev fight in the ROTS novel and sees them as blurs even though he's on their level.

This is patently not true. Maul was in the middle of a training session and actively calling on the Force.

His surprise stems from Sidious interrupting his training session.

The blaster fire is close, closer than I like. I can feel the heat on the sleeve of my tunic. I smell singed material. The assassin droid has suddenly flipped sideways and aimed from the chest. I've been distracted.

Anger rises in me, which is good. The darkness crests and roars. I twist in the air, my lightsaber twirling, revolving. Its balance is perfect in my hand. I strike one hard blow to the left flank of the droid. I feel the power of the move reverberate all the way to my shoulder. It gratifies me. The other blow to the right follows a fraction of an instant later, so close that an observer would not be able to tell which blow came first. They would only see the armless droid wobble, its internal balance mechanism destroyed.

It is an easy job to slice off its head. The droid crashes to the floor, now a useless heap of smoking metal. I kick it out of my way with a smile, my lightsaber held loosely in my fingers. One day I will see a Jedi at my feet just like that.

As for why I think Maul is at least a peer of TPM Sheev:

Most of these sources are talking about skill, not power, and are contradicted by G-Canon which asserts that Maul is a level eight and Sidious is a level nine on the duelling scale created by George Lucas and Nick Gillard. The difference between the two levels is "enormous" according to Gillard.

"Anakin becomes a level 9. George knows the levels, myself and George talked about levels and how it was. But it's more, it's not like a black belt, it's more like a Richter scale. So the difference between eight, Obi's an eight, so the difference between an eight and a nine is enormous."

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith DVD commentary

As such I will only reply to the two sources that do talk about power.

Star Wars Episode I Journal - Darth Maul (2000) wrote:He parries my next blow. Sweat stings my eyes as I move across the rough cave floor. I do not stumble. I am nothing but the pulse of my anger, pure energy, pure darkness. I streak across the cave floor and come at him again, somersaulting through the air. My lightsaber whirls in the darkness. When he parries the blow, he staggers.

I am going to kill him. Every beat of my blood exults in my power. Every blow I deliver is meant to be the killing blow. I use reserves of strength I did not know I had. My blows are sure and precise, my footwork flawless. I gather in the power of the dark side. I feel my power clash with his. The air is thick, charged with our dark, titanic powers.

He parries every blow. But I see that he has to work hard to keep me at bay. Triumph roars through me at my Master's weakness. He is not as powerful as he appears.

You have conveniently left out some key information that changes that scene completely. That being that Sidious wasn't even tapping into his Force reserves.

But I have been weakened by my ordeal, and my Master maneuvers me against the cave wall. I am gasping, trying to suck in enough air to keep going. My vision blurs as Lord Sidious raises his lightsaber. I parry the blow, but my lightsaber suddenly flies out of my hand, torn by the power of my Master directing the dark side. I realize then that he has just begun to tap into his own reserves. Mine are played out.

I will not be able to deflect the next blow. It will rend me in two. In a blur of heat and pain I see the mighty power of my Master raised against me, see the lightsaber come toward me, see my death as clearly as a bone-white moon in an ebony sky.

I lunge forward and sink my teeth into his hand. I strike like an animal, so quickly he doesn't have time to step away. I taste his blood and spit it back at him in contempt.

Yes, he will kill me. But I will die with his blood on my lips.

The lightsaber comes down. I wait for the pain and shock. I wait to die.

My Master laughs. He tosses the lightsaber aside. It is a training saber. It does not harm me.

I am alive. He will not kill me. My muscles fail me but I don't let him see it. I lean slightly against the cave wall in back of me. The rock bites into my back and I concentrate on the pain while my Master continues to laugh. I will never forget the sound of that laughter. There is no mercy in it.

Savage Opress vs Kaan, Kas'im and Kopecz Image0
Source: The Dark Side Sourcebook

This source doesn't contradict Star Wars: Episode I Journal - Darth Maul. It just doesn't go into as much detail. The context of the scene remains the same though. Sidious "barely deflected" the blows (due to not tapping into his Force reserves) but "Maul spent his fury, and Darth Sidious still stood. Maul prepared himself for death-but Sidious only laughed."
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

January 6th 2021, 6:27 pm
Kaan either mind rapes savage successfully or the team loses.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

January 6th 2021, 6:30 pm
The only thing Kaan is going to accomplish if he tries to TP Savage is launching himself into a wall.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum