Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Thoughts on Star Wars Rebels? Empty Thoughts on Star Wars Rebels?

September 1st 2019, 4:34 am
I actually quite liked some of season 1 and 2. But Season 3 was pretty trash for the most part. So bad that I didn't watch season 4. And after hearing some of the things they did in season 4, yeh glad I stopped watching.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Thoughts on Star Wars Rebels? Empty Re: Thoughts on Star Wars Rebels?

September 1st 2019, 4:39 am
I actually enjoyed Rebels. Although I didn’t quite like  Season one and 2 with the exception of some episodes, as it had too many filler ones. I liked season 3 a lot, especially with the introduction of Thrawn and the plot about Maul. I enjoyed season 4 as well.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 1st 2019, 4:40 am
Eh their handling of Maul was so poor though
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 1st 2019, 4:44 am
SithSauce wrote:Eh their handling of Maul was so poor though
I didn’t think that. At least not when it came to the twin suns episode, which, I will make no secret, made me cry. The way they handled the rivalry between Obi Wan and Maul seemed great to me. I mean, he didn’t do much in general, but all he did seemed in-character to me.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 1st 2019, 5:10 am
Rebels was much better than I expected. Although there were uninteresting parts, I loved how they included major characters from the past and handled them. Also world between worlds etc. was great. Maul versus Kenobi is the best duel in the animations imo. Besides that, loved the way they presented Sidious, Vader, Rex and his crew. It was the best canon material besides Vader novels in current continuity from my point of view.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 1st 2019, 5:50 am
Honestly ( I know some are gonna be triggered by this) I think it was better than TCW
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 1st 2019, 9:04 am
^

The filler stuff was crap, but the episodes with meaning had an impact.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 1st 2019, 9:11 am
Nothing to trigger about. It is your personal preference mate. While I think it was nowhere near good as TCW, it is a good addition to canon and even capable of replacing some unfilled stuff in EU.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 1st 2019, 9:27 am
The first season was actually quite good; coherent, focused, and grounded. Season two wasn’t as good, mostly because the writers had no idea how to write filler episodes in interesting or unique ways, and the Inquisitors were levels of incompetence I literally didn’t think was possible. Season three was a dumpsterfire, which had the fourth season trying its best to rekindle the mess the show had gotten itself into—but mostly failed at that. Overall, the show was a marked step down from TCW. 5/10.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 1st 2019, 1:52 pm
Apart from a few decent episodes, the show was trash.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 1st 2019, 6:58 pm
The show was a train wreck and there's only a handful of episodes I remember enjoying.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 1st 2019, 7:11 pm
Even the two kids think it sucks. Good
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 1st 2019, 7:12 pm
And what does my age have to do with anything?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 1st 2019, 7:16 pm
Yeah, age is irrelevant.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 1st 2019, 7:35 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:Yeah, age is irrelevant.
It's just that nowadays we get a lot of trash cartoon shows. Glad these two can see through the flaws of Rebels.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 7th 2019, 3:22 pm
It was actually pretty good. Season 1 had rough moments of course, but the GI was a pretty good villain. Other than that, it was pretty meh.
The season 2 finale was great.
Season 3 was pretty good. The Sabine episodes dragged on a bit too much but we got Thrawne so it evens out. Also, the Bendu was a great touch.
Season 4 was amazing. Ezra really improved as a character.

Verdict: 7.5-8/10. Not as good as later seasons of TCW, but season 4 was definitely better than a lot of the crap from TCW seasons 1 and 2. TCW is treated like it was this perfect show that nothing can hold a candle to, which is totally wrong. Plus, it gave us Kanan and brought back Frank Oz and Ian Mcdiarmid.

Now, Resistance...yeah, that’s a steaming pile of crap.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

September 7th 2019, 10:34 pm
I enjoyed it for the most part, but there were definitely some rather slow and uninteresting stretches. A handful of filler episodes that I won't bother rewatching whenever I go back through the whole series. I do feel it brought a lot to the table, as far as filling out the canon lore. World Between Worlds is an interesting concept, I was really happy to see Thrawn and the TIE Defenders on screen, and the death of Kanan was really powerful. Overall, I'd say it's a solid 7-8/10. Not as good as the Clone Wars, but still worth watching.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

March 26th 2020, 10:38 pm
King Joker wrote:The first season was actually quite good; coherent, focused, and grounded. Season two wasn’t as good, mostly because the writers had no idea how to write filler episodes in interesting or unique ways, and the Inquisitors were levels of incompetence I literally didn’t think was possible. Season three was a dumpsterfire, which had the fourth season trying its best to rekindle the mess the show had gotten itself into—but mostly failed at that. Overall, the show was a marked step down from TCW. 5/10.

Sorry I'm bumping old threads since these are all interesting. I agree with this sentiment for the most part though I think the Inqs were wasted potential. On the first viewing they seem like absolute garbage but rewatching I think they have some very interesting facets. I honestly think Kanan is "just that good" to be able to play around with them like he does. Seventh Sister is a very subtle character that is handled so well in terms of animation and voice acting, I think she could have been a wonderful Ventress flirt type character for us but instead they killed her off. Fifth and 8th brother were just pricks, but knowing what we know from Trilla and the Vader comics it makes sense they are just drones. I just wish GI and Seventh sis got or get more chances to shine and I wish Filoni didn't create characters he kills immediately just for finales.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

March 27th 2020, 1:14 am
season 1: pretty much like it,menacing villains and focused on his development of characters
season 2: nothing to add here quite possibly the best season out of the 4 
season 3: heh quite a bit meh during his first episodes and the filler ones were quite boring 
season 4: the end of the show was left with open stories kinda hate it but the rest of it was quite ok
Arch_Sage
Arch_Sage

March 27th 2020, 1:57 am
Apart from Maul's portrayal I thought Rebels was decent.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 27th 2020, 7:38 am
I can only comment on the episodes that I actually watched. I watched all of season 1, but season 1 was clearly made for a young audience, so it didn't appeal to me, but I didn't mind the kiddish tone. I only watched a few episodes of season 2, can't remember any of them except for the season 2 finale, which was actually pretty good, but the Kanan tripping Maul off a cliff was cringe worthy and retarded. The season 3 episodes with Maul were weird though, Maul was too moustache twirly for my taste, I can see what they were trying to do with trying to convey the theme that Maul is a psychologically broken man who's living in the past, but when it came to the Twin Suns episode, it just came off as a dumb downed Disney version of Old Wounds, plus Maul getting three shotted was a pretty undignified death, he deserved better than that.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

March 29th 2020, 11:14 pm
> Korriban wrote:
King Joker wrote:The first season was actually quite good; coherent, focused, and grounded. Season two wasn’t as good, mostly because the writers had no idea how to write filler episodes in interesting or unique ways, and the Inquisitors were levels of incompetence I literally didn’t think was possible. Season three was a dumpsterfire, which had the fourth season trying its best to rekindle the mess the show had gotten itself into—but mostly failed at that. Overall, the show was a marked step down from TCW. 5/10.

Sorry I'm bumping old threads since these are all interesting. I agree with this sentiment for the most part though I think the Inqs were wasted potential. On the first viewing they seem like absolute garbage but rewatching I think they have some very interesting facets. I honestly think Kanan is "just that good" to be able to play around with them like he does. Seventh Sister is a very subtle character that is handled so well in terms of animation and voice acting, I think she could have been a wonderful Ventress flirt type character for us but instead they killed her off. Fifth and 8th brother were just pricks, but knowing what we know from Trilla and the Vader comics it makes sense they are just drones. I just wish GI and Seventh sis got or get more chances to shine and I wish Filoni didn't create characters he kills immediately just for finales.

The Inquisitors did have some interesting facets, which is why them being treated like generic Saturday morning cartoon villains was so disappointing. The Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother strongly exuded Dumb and Dumber energy to the point where half the time I was so exasperated by their incompetence that all the tension in their scenes was lost. They were the epitome of "cool concept, poor execution."
The Witness
The Witness

March 30th 2020, 7:03 am
King Joker wrote:
> Korriban wrote:

The Inquisitors did have some interesting facets, which is why them being treated like generic Saturday morning cartoon villains was so disappointing. The Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother strongly exuded Dumb and Dumber energy to the point where half the time I was so exasperated by their incompetence that all the tension in their scenes was lost. They were the epitome of "cool concept, poor execution."
Agreed! How is TCW season 7 so far BTW? Not watched any episodes as I don't really have the time or the money to. But I'm thinking of binge watching it all on a streaming site after its over
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 30th 2020, 8:12 am
On 30th March of 2016, 4 years ago today, Star Wars Rebels Season 2 Finale, Twilight of the Apprentice was publicly aired.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

April 3rd 2020, 3:55 pm
King Joker wrote:

This is funny, because they said that Rebels wasn't gonna have that "Saturday morning cartoon villain" shtick. I think it would have made more sense for the Seventh Sis/Fifth Bro to be the bad guys for the 1st season and then introduce the GI later. Why they did it backwards...who knows.

Anyway for me, the series overall was...meh. Some episodes better than others of course, some dragged on and were pointless and some were so very bad.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum