Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Darth Durin's Baneling
Darth Durin's Baneling

Respect Tyvokka Empty Respect Tyvokka

December 20th 2022, 2:15 pm
Respect the Wookiee Jedi Master!

Respect Tyvokka 74803810

Power


Tyvokka is a very powerful and great Jedi Master.

Republic #36 (2001, John Ostrander) wrote:[Plo Koon:] “Tyvokka. A great master and member of the High Council. A very powerful Jedi.”
Respect Tyvokka 74803610

Power of the Jedi Sourcebook (2002, J.D. Wiker, Michael Mikaelian, Jeff Grubb, Owen K.C. Stephens, James Maliszewski) wrote:A great Jedi Master’s death in the Fifth battle of Qotile threatened to rout the Republic’s forces, but Koon rallied the Republic forces and led them to victory.
Respect Tyvokka 2022-129

Star Wars Databank: Plo Koon - From the Expanded Universe wrote:As such, Koon often took decisive action with little contemplation. This initiative served him well during the Stark Hyperspace Wars, when he took up the Republic banner after a great Jedi Master was killed. Koon rallied the disheartened troops to an unlikely and miraculous victory.

Fact File #89 (2004?, De Agostini) wrote:On Troiken, Quinlan was shocked to hear of the death of Master Tyvokka. He wandered into a cave system to ponder the passing of the great Jedi.
Respect Tyvokka Tyvokk11

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (2008, Pablo Hidalgo, Steven Sansweet) wrote:Tyvokka A great Wookiee Jedi Master who served on the Jedi Council during the years leading up to the Stark Hyperspace Conflict.
Respect Tyvokka Tyvokk10

Telekinesis


Tyvokka telekinetically throws a large table with enough force that it shatters against a wall.

Respect Tyvokka 74803910
-Republic #36 (2001, Davide Fabbri)

Telepathy


As an adult Wookiee, Tyvokka can use telepathy.

Respect Tyvokka 2023-010
-The Wookiee Storybook (1979, Patricia Wynne)

Farsight


Tyvokka could sense all possible futures while also remaining centered in the present, something very few Jedi mastered.

Republic #36 (2001, John Ostrander) wrote:[Plo Koon:] “It was said that he could “sense the future.” His instinctive knowledge of the Force centered him in the present but allowed him to intuit where all possibilities led.
Respect Tyvokka 74804010

Fact File Relaunched #50 (2014, De Agostini) wrote:Tyvokka was well known in the Jedi Order and the Republic hierarchy. His abilities included a particularly strong intuition as to possible futures that was firmly rooted in the present. This allowed him unique insight into repercussions of then-current events, and he could see through deceptions and plots very quickly.
Respect Tyvokka Tyvokk12

This farsight was almost always correct.

Fact File Relaunched #50 (2014, De Agostini) wrote:An intuitive Jedi, his mind very much on the moment, Tyvokka was quick to express his opinion. Guided by the Force, it was not always backed by hard evidence. Nonetheless, his intuition rarely let him down.
Respect Tyvokka Tyvokk13

It was believed this power allowed Tyvokka to read the future, and it allowed him to see through the Stark Combine’s plot before anybody else.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (2008, Pablo Hidalgo, Steven Sansweet) wrote:Many Jedi believed that Master Tyvokka could read the future through the Force, remaining focused on the present to intuit what the future might hold. Master Tyvokka was known as a patient teacher, but he was truly tested when he took Plo Koon as his Padawan. It was Master Tyvokka who first saw through the false bacta shortages that were the cause of the Stark Hyperspace Conflict.
Respect Tyvokka Tyvokk14
Respect Tyvokka Tyvokk15
Respect Tyvokka 75688811

Speed/Agility/Precognition


Tyvokka creates a blur with his lightsaber blade, deflecting several blaster bolts.

Respect Tyvokka 74803811
-Republic #37 (2001, Jan Duursema, Dave McCraig)

Tyvokka creates a blur with his lightsaber.

Respect Tyvokka 74804011
-Republic #36 (2001, Davide Fabbri)

Strength


Wookiees’ strength is so powerful that there is no such thing as an unarmed wookiee in melee range, and it’s not uncommon for them to tear the limbs from their opponents. Wookiees are the strongest humanoids in the Star Wars galaxy.

Star Wars (1977) wrote:[Han:] “Let him have it. It’s not wise to upset a Wookiee.”

[Threepio:] “But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid.”

[Han:] That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their socket when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that.

[Threepio:] “I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, Artoo. Let the Wookiee win.”


Star Wars #7 (1977, Roy Thomas, Howard Chaykin) wrote:The spaceport aliens are spacers, mostly... a few mediocre pilots, the rest navigators or crewmen in between assignments. None of them has had the experience in hand-to-hand combat and general rough-housing that Han Solo has... and most certainly none of them has ever stood up to a Wookiee.
Star Wars #7 (1977, Roy Thomas, Howard Chaykin) wrote:[Han Solo:] If there's a manlike alien anywhere in the galaxy that can take on an angry Wookiee and live to tell the tale, I've sure never seen him!
Respect Tyvokka Rco01010
(credit to Jake)

The Courtship of Princess Leia (1994, Dave Wolverton) wrote:Leia got up, feeling dizzy, and Chewbacca looked off toward the cockpit. His eyes were hard, and the fur on the back of his neck was raised. He growled menacingly, and for a moment Leia thought that surely Chewie would rip Han’s arms off in typical Wookiee fashion.

The Courtship of Princess Leia (1994, Dave Wolverton) wrote:Wookiees specialized in their own form of hand-to-hand combat, and when a Wookiee disarmed an opponent, the opponent was literally disarmed. And if that didn’t subdue you, the Wookiee would go ahead and rip off your legs, too.

Galaxy Guide #12: Aliens - Enemies and Allies (1995, C. Robert Carey) wrote:The Wookiees of Kashyyyk are generally recognized as the single strongest intelligent species in the galaxy.
Respect Tyvokka Image_10
(credit to Jake)

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (2009, Matthew Stover) wrote:Mainly it was because – as the Mindorese discovered, to their considerable dismay – once one gets within reach, there is no such thing as an unarmed Wookiee.

Wookiee strength and ferocity combined with knowledge of the Force makes for an unstoppable fighter.

Living Force Campaign Guide (2001, Robert Weise) wrote:His unnatural Wookiee reflexes and strength, honed by the Force, made him nearly unbeatable.
Respect Tyvokka Image_11
(credit to Jake)

Tyvokka throws a large table.

Respect Tyvokka 74803812
-Republic #36 (2001, Davide Fabbri)

Healing Factor


As a Wookiee, Tyvokka can heal more within the span of a day than a human can in two weeks, without any kind of Force use.

The Courtship of Princess Leia (credit to RNG) wrote:Yet Chewie fed hungrily, bandages wrapped over his ribs. The Wookiee's marvelous regenerative powers let him heal more in a day than a human would in two weeks.

Authority/Reputation


Tyvokka was a well-known and respected member of the Jedi High Council and a talented negotiator.

Fact File Relaunched #50 (2014, De Agostini) wrote:The Stark Hyperspace War, one of the last major conflicts before the Clone Wars, cost many lives, including that of Jedi Master Tyvokka. At the time, he had been a well-respected member of the Jedi Council and a renowned negotiator for the Republic.
Respect Tyvokka Tyvokk16

Fact File Relaunched #50 (2014, De Agostini) wrote:Tyvokka was well known in the Jedi Order and the Republic hierarchy.
Respect Tyvokka Tyvokk17

Tyvokka's seat on the Council was taken posthumously by Plo koon, who was a permanent and senior member of the Council, at the very least implying that Tyvokka had been as well.

Fact File #123 (2004, Chris Gardner, Rich Handley, Matthew Harvey, Iain Lowsen, and James McFadden) wrote:A COUNCIL OF WAR: During the build-up to the Clone Wars, Plo Koon was a prominent member of the Jedi Council, having taken the place of his Master, Tyvokka, following the Wookiee’s death.
Respect Tyvokka 2022-121

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (2008, Pablo Hidalgo, Steven Sansweet) wrote:In the ensuing firefight, Master Tyvokka was killed when the Trade Federation’s battle droids opened fire into the melee. His place on the Jedi Council was taken by his apprentice, Plo Koon.
Respect Tyvokka 75688812

The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (2009, J.D. Wiker, Patrick Stutzman, Rodney Thompson) wrote:Following the Stark Hyperspace Wars, Plo Koon receives his promotion to Jedi Master and is offered a permanent seat on the Jedi High Council in honor of his Master’s dying wish. Although he feels that many others are more deserving, he nevertheless accepts the honor.
Respect Tyvokka 2022-122




Tyvokka was an especially respected and high-ranking Jedi Council Member. His farsight abilities are suggested to be far above any of his contemporaries in the order. His Force-sensitive nature combined with his Wookiee genetics make him a fearsome combatant. Respect Tyvokka!
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum