Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 5th 2021, 10:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
The Hero of Coruscant, as I'm unofficially calling him, is the protagonist of the Star Wars Lightsaber Battle Game

All scans are pulled from a walkthrough of the game on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxoxZAijW60&list=PLB91E8D28E16FBF48

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread 1019854026

VIDEO RESPECT THREAD:

Video respect thread by @Vaelias



CANON STATUS:

The default position of Lucasfilm-produced games is C-Canon per Leland Chee (quotes below). As this game was never stated to be S-Canon or N-Canon, and the game was even released twice (once as a plug-and-play and later on the official Hasbro website), it stands as a C-Canon source. Even in places of inconvertible contradiction, the game can still be interpreted as a valid Lucasfilm Licensing-approved alternate universe/continuity, similar to the "Resurrection" fight between Darth Vader and Darth Maul.

Leland Chee, LLP continuity database admin, May 30, 2003 - StarWars.com forum post wrote:"”Lucasfilm canon” refers to anything produced by any of the Lucas companies, whether it be movies, books, games, or internet. 

Leland Chee, LLP continuity database admin, Dec. 2005 - posts from the \"Holocron database continuity questions" thread at the StarWars.com forums wrote:”...continuity ”C” canon which is pretty much everything else. By everything else I mean EVERYthing else. Novels, comics, junior novels, videogames, trading card games, roleplaying games, toys, websites, television. As I've mentioned earlier, any contradictions that arise are dealt on a case-by-case. 

This has been our general approach to continuity since we began using the Holocron database to track it."

JEDI PADAWAN:

(1) Trained by Qui-Gon Jinn in "the Qui-Gon Strike," his trademark move:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(2) Defeated TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi in a spar:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(3) Believed to become "a great Jedi Knight" by TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(4) Defeated Darth Maul aboard a Trade Federation Cruiser early into Episode I:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(5) Trained by SP-4 Jedi Training Droid in "the Obi-Wan's Spinning Blade Defense," Obi-Wan Kenobi's trademark move:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(6) Defeated AOTC Anakin Skywalker in a spar:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

JEDI KNIGHT: 

(7) Defeated an army of Mandalorian Commands in the Naboo Theed Palace early into Episode II:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(8) Defeated Jango Fett in the Naboo Theed Palace early into Episode II:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(9) Trained by SP-4 Jedi Training Droid in "the Mace Windu's Assault," Mace Windu's trademark move:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(10) Defeated AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi in a spar:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(11) Believed to have "exceptional skills" by AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(12) Defeated Jango Fett on Geonosis late into Episode II:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(13) Defeated Dooku on Geonosis late into Episode II:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(14) Trained by SP-4 Jedi Training Droid in "the Yoda's Finishing Blow," Yoda's trademark move:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(15) Believed by CW Yoda to be "ready to face" him:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(16) Defeated CW Yoda in a spar:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(17) Believed by CW Yoda to have "learned much" and become a "powerful Jedi"

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(18) Defeated CW Grievous on Utapau between Episodes II and Episodes III:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(19) Believed by CW Grievous to be perhaps "the best" he's seen, which includes Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(20) Trained by Anakin Skywalker in "Anakin's Rage," his trademark move:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Rage10

(21) Defeated ROTS Anakin Skywalker in a spar:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(22) Believed by Yoda to require "no further training" and "know that which you need" after the aforementioned feat:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

JEDI MASTER:

(23) Defeated a clone ambush orchestrated by Palpatine in the Jedi Temple late into Episode III:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(24) Defeated ROTS Palpatine in the Jedi Temple late into Episode III:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(25) Believed by Palpatine to be no match for Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread You_ll10
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Image1
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Image2

(26) Defeated Anakin Skywalker, even when he was in a state of Force rage, on Mustafar late into Episode III:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown
Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

(27) Defeated Darth Vader during the Great Jedi Purge after Episode III:

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Unknown

TL;DR:

- Defeated Darth Maul as a Jedi Padawan, Dooku and Yoda as a Jedi Knight, and Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker as a Jedi Master.

- Studied the unique trademark moves of Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Yoda, and Anakin Skywalker.


Last edited by DarthAnt66 on January 7th 2021, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 5th 2021, 11:43 pm
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
Sounds fake and gay
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 5th 2021, 11:50 pm
This is pretty cool. I have never heard of this character.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 6th 2021, 4:36 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Wow, I remember playing this game as a kid. Had no idea that it was legitimate SW content.

I love the idea that the Jedi has some unspoken operator who worked on taking down critical Sith/Separatist targets. As a totally random note, the Hero of Coruscant (great name by the way) used a lightsaber that perfectly resembles Anakin's saber from Episode 3. Maybe Anakin's design was inspired by HoC.

And the funniest part of all of this is that if one wanted to, they could justify this game being logically sequenced with other content. Now we have a great explanation for why Anakin lost to Kenobi. He was tired after his battle with HoC.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 6th 2021, 6:39 am
Nice find.

If this content can be taken at face value then it add more depth to Darth Vader's defeat on Mustafar TBH. Further input from Leland Chee will be helpful in this regard nevertheless.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 6th 2021, 9:41 am
@Trayus Marauder wrote:Wow, I remember playing this game as a kid. Had no idea that it was legitimate SW content.

I love the idea that the Jedi has some unspoken operator who worked on taking down critical Sith/Separatist targets. As a totally random note, the Hero of Coruscant (great name by the way) used a lightsaber that perfectly resembles Anakin's saber from Episode 3. Maybe Anakin's design was inspired by HoC.

And the funniest part of all of this is that if one wanted to, they could justify this game being logically sequenced with other content. Now we have a great explanation for why Anakin lost to Kenobi. He was tired after his battle with HoC.

I mean even though there's already a good explanation for why he did? Plus if the HoC defeated him, why would he just suddenly leave and not kill him or bring him back or...like anything else?
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 7th 2021, 7:53 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@Zenwolf wrote: I mean even though there's already a good explanation for why he did? Plus if the HoC defeated him, why would he just suddenly leave and not kill him or bring him back or...like anything else?

I'd say the explanation we have is somewhat limited. Sure, Anakin's mental state and Kenobi's familiarity are crucial but we also have to consider that Nick Gillard confirms an "enormous" disparity between the two. At least with involvement from the HoC, the explanation is stronger.

As for why HoC didn't pursue Vader, we don't have an explicit explanation but I do have a theory. While HoC may have won, Anakin obviously escaped but we don't know what state HoC was in when the fight concluded. Perhaps HoC was in a much worse condition which would abide by the accolades that establish Anakin as the most powerful Jedi. HoC suffering long-term injuries in this fight would also explain why he had trouble fighting suited Vader when HoC with his prior skills and power would canonically scale far beyond him.
Mysteryman06
Mysteryman06

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 7th 2021, 12:01 pm
How is Sub TPM Kenobi the final boss of this game? Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread 1019854026
VictreebelVictr
VictreebelVictr

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 7th 2021, 1:08 pm
@Mysteryman06 wrote:How is Sub TPM Kenobi the final boss of this game? Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread 1019854026
Because he is the most powerful Sith Lord, obviously.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 7th 2021, 7:03 pm
@Trayus Marauder wrote:
@Zenwolf wrote: I mean even though there's already a good explanation for why he did? Plus if the HoC defeated him, why would he just suddenly leave and not kill him or bring him back or...like anything else?  

I'd say the explanation we have is somewhat limited. Sure, Anakin's mental state and Kenobi's familiarity are crucial but we also have to consider that Nick Gillard confirms an "enormous" disparity between the two. At least with involvement from the HoC, the explanation is stronger.

As for why HoC didn't pursue Vader, we don't have an explicit explanation but I do have a theory. While HoC may have won, Anakin obviously escaped but we don't know what state HoC was in when the fight concluded. Perhaps HoC was in a much worse condition which would abide by the accolades that establish Anakin as the most powerful Jedi. HoC suffering long-term injuries in this fight would also explain why he had trouble fighting suited Vader when HoC with his prior skills and power would canonically scale far beyond him.

@Trayus Marauder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcOMFdsmAD8&t=10m10s&ab_channel=NoFilterNAM

Also, I believe unlike any other opponent, the animation they have for Anakin's defeat is simply him being pushed off the platform they're fighting on (rather than staggering back or collapsing to the ground). So, it's indeed possible that the Hero won but Anakin was mostly/completely uninjured.
Vaelias
Vaelias

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 7th 2021, 7:08 pm
@DarthAnt66 wrote:
@Trayus Marauder wrote:
@Zenwolf wrote: I mean even though there's already a good explanation for why he did? Plus if the HoC defeated him, why would he just suddenly leave and not kill him or bring him back or...like anything else?  

I'd say the explanation we have is somewhat limited. Sure, Anakin's mental state and Kenobi's familiarity are crucial but we also have to consider that Nick Gillard confirms an "enormous" disparity between the two. At least with involvement from the HoC, the explanation is stronger.

As for why HoC didn't pursue Vader, we don't have an explicit explanation but I do have a theory. While HoC may have won, Anakin obviously escaped but we don't know what state HoC was in when the fight concluded. Perhaps HoC was in a much worse condition which would abide by the accolades that establish Anakin as the most powerful Jedi. HoC suffering long-term injuries in this fight would also explain why he had trouble fighting suited Vader when HoC with his prior skills and power would canonically scale far beyond him.

@Trayus Marauder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcOMFdsmAD8&t=10m10s&ab_channel=NoFilterNAM

Also, I believe unlike any other opponent, the animation they have for Anakin's defeat is simply him being pushed off the platform they're fighting on (rather than staggering back or collapsing to the ground). So, it's indeed possible that the Hero won but Anakin was mostly/completely uninjured.

also i think the Force Rage mode is a sort of overtime mode that you are not supposed to beat
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 7th 2021, 7:11 pm
I can only find one playthrough of it on YouTube, so it's hard to tell if it's appearance is randomized, a low-time but beatable overtime mode, or a high-time "you're screwed now" overtime mode, yeah. Based on the one video we have, though, it seems at least mechanically possible to beat Anakin in his Force rage mode.
Vaelias
Vaelias

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

January 7th 2021, 7:15 pm
@DarthAnt66 wrote:I can only find one playthrough of it on YouTube, so it's hard to tell if it's appearance is randomized, a low-time but beatable overtime mode, or a high-time "you're screwed now" overtime mode, yeah. Based on the one video we have, though, it seems at least mechanically possible to beat Anakin in his Force rage mode.


Agreed, or Im kinda thinking that you can beat him in that mode but that it wouldn't be considered part of the canon, like the hero is supposed to die when Anakin enters rage mode kinda thing, however it is obviously possible to defeat him but that basically means times up lol.
I have the game ill plug it in tomorrow and see if I can beat him in rage mode
Sponsored content

Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread Empty Re: Hero of Coruscant Respect Thread

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum