Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku - Page 2 Empty Re: Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku

June 23rd 2019, 6:21 pm
Azronger wrote:@In-sidiousvader He insulted your post, not you, and correctly pointed out the poor formatting. Sometimes other people have a point when they seem aggressive. It's best to learn from them and improve yourself rather than simply calling a moderator on the other person for a non-offense and repeating the same mistakes over and over. It's needless, unprovoked, malicious harassment that warrants a strike, but not criticism, even if it's harsh.

So to clarify, per the forum rules it is not rude to recite the opinion that your post was full of faulty scaling chains direct ignorance of Ant's claims and the rhetoric was sloppy and rushed, the evidence you used was all but pointless and you have absolutely no faint hope of winning the cav.

According to you that is a fair and logical opinion to say aloud so the whole forum could hear. If you agree that you should "learn from others (me)" than I will not call you are any other mod out since we can legally say these statements if not, if you consider "my opinion" to be the slightest bit offensive and out of line than you concede to a double standard, either way our system is fucked if that is what we currently allow.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku - Page 2 Empty Re: Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku

June 23rd 2019, 6:24 pm
Also for the record of course my formatting would be terrible I am on a smartphone with pudgy fingers the size of Darth Baras.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

June 23rd 2019, 6:26 pm
Go off, King.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 23rd 2019, 10:10 pm
Greysentinel365 wrote:Gonna give sources this time ISV?

Thoughts on the post since you were the one who spurred me on?
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 23rd 2019, 11:52 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:

There are near an equal number of C-canon sources stated Vader increased as that he decreased. Bare minimum is ambiguous. Throw in G-canon and it's conclusive.

The Vastor comparison is also rather moot. Again Nick's opinion based on his stated weak connection. There's also just the pure intimidation factor.

As I clarified to AP a force users aura is determined by their exertion. Jax had never seen Yoda exert himself.

Comps between Ferus and Obi-Wan fail for two reasons

1. Obi-Wan was post prime

2. Obi wasn't moving all out.

A good example of this is Dooku in LoE. Who witnessed Obi-Wan and Anakin cut through hordes of battle droids, analysing their abilities. Yet days later was utterly dumbfounded by their speed and skill in a direct duel. Obi was only going as fast as was needed to dodge the fire, a speed he could achieve as a Padawan. It would not reflect his abilities in a direct all-out duel.

That's just the cliff notes version. It would be nice if others actually bothered rather than just mouthing off.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 24th 2019, 12:06 am
Greysentinel365 wrote:
In-sidiousvader wrote:

There are near an equal number of C-canon sources stated Vader increased as that he decreased. Bare minimum is ambiguous. Throw in G-canon and it's conclusive.

The Vastor comparison is also rather moot. Again Nick's opinion based on his stated weak connection. There's also just the pure intimidation factor.

As I clarified to AP a force users aura is determined by their exertion. Jax had never seen Yoda exert himself.

Comps between Ferus and Obi-Wan fail for two reasons

1. Obi-Wan was post prime

2. Obi wasn't moving all out.

A good example of this is Dooku in LoE. Who witnessed Obi-Wan and Anakin cut through hordes of battle droids, analysing their abilities. Yet days later was utterly dumbfounded by their speed and skill in a direct duel. Obi was only going as fast as was needed to dodge the fire, a speed he could achieve as a Padawan. It would not reflect his abilities in a direct all-out duel.

That's just the cliff notes version. It would be nice if others actually bothered rather than just mouthing off.
So just a few things, Nick's opinion should be as reliable as other character opinions eg dooku comparing sidious to a black hole in the force. Secondly the post prime argument for literally just post rots Kenobi? Can you substantiate this claim? Furthermore while the comparison was vague, how are you to determine whether Obi was running for his life, and how are you to determine that Ferus was putting all his effort into the run while Kenobi was not? Im asking, if there is a passage indicating such please present it, plus you ignored the companion piece to my Kar Vastor argument, which would be Pavan's statement also if you want to fault the Kenobi scaling thats fine BUT! Ferus olin specifically states in one of his first encounters with Vader "It happened faster than anyone he had ever seen besides Yoda" Which obviously would Include Kenobi, unless of course you can prove that Ben was not trying at all when he met Ferus.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 24th 2019, 1:21 pm
So I assume since nobody has countered my points we all agree TLJ Vader beats AOTC Dooku decisively? If not I would love to debate it Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku - Page 2 4037459623
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

June 24th 2019, 1:23 pm
AotC Dooku is a challenge for Yoda. End of thread.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 24th 2019, 1:25 pm
Better_than_Dooku wrote:AotC Dooku is a challenge for Yoda. End of thread.

You best be bringing some meat in those pants boi. I already proved Vader has comparable scaling, debunk it if you can Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku - Page 2 4233314142
DoA
DoA

June 25th 2019, 8:57 am
Greysentinel365 wrote: The Vastor comparison is also rather moot. Again Nick's opinion based on his stated weak connection. There's also just the pure intimidation factor.

There's also Nick Rotsu being described as someone "who was at best marginally sane" earlier in Shatterpoint. Not to mention the quote comparing Vader to Vastor also refers to Vastor as a Balawai despite Vastor not being one, and that Nick himself was alongside Vastor when they led a campaign against the Balawai. Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku - Page 2 1220391476
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 25th 2019, 2:32 pm
^^^

The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 25th 2019, 2:34 pm
When you post the ^ sign, it means you can't make your own argument and rely on others to make the case for you.

Concession accepted.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 25th 2019, 2:42 pm
Lol ISV trying to bait me into addressing his (terrible) arguments. I don't have the energy to address them as of now and honestly have better things to be doing.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 25th 2019, 2:45 pm
Spoiler:
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 25th 2019, 2:51 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:
Spoiler:

Concede means:

1. Admit or agree that something is true after first denying or resisting it.

or

2. Admit (defeat) in a match or contest.

I have neither agreed to anything you have said nor admitted defeat to you.

L

Take is ISV.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 26th 2019, 2:44 pm
Oh yeah also I forgot to mention after Vader took a hit of Bota (force steroids) his connection increased and he was able to literally create force storms
Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku - Page 2 20190614

Just sayin.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 26th 2019, 5:08 pm
Flunky Cyborg wrote:Oh yeah also I forgot to mention after Vader took a hit of Bota (force steroids) his connection increased and he was able to literally create force storms

Just sayin.
The Bota was stated (in that same book) to increase one’s connection to the force to a massive extent iirc.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 26th 2019, 5:28 pm
mastercilghal wrote:
Flunky Cyborg wrote:Oh yeah also I forgot to mention after Vader took a hit of Bota (force steroids) his connection increased and he was able to literally create force storms

Just sayin.
The Bota was stated (in that same book) to increase one’s connection to the force to a massive extent iirc.

I believe Jax muses that its like an elasticity kinda deal, if you stretch the band enough it becomes longer, and he says Vader's connection was heightened after the fact, though it is only a musing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum