Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku Empty Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku

June 22nd 2019, 6:43 pm
Standard rules, but dooku gets his finest pajamas and is well rested

Vader gets an inhaler. Who wins?

18bby Vader

NO G CANON

Last edited by In-sidiousvader on June 23rd 2019, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku Empty Re: Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku

June 22nd 2019, 6:49 pm
Dooku, bad fight.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 22nd 2019, 6:52 pm
Gonna give sources this time ISV?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 22nd 2019, 6:54 pm
Greysentinel365 wrote:Gonna give sources this time ISV?
Being mean to me grey? Thought we were cool, but yeah ill see if I can
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 22nd 2019, 6:55 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:

We are. But I’m noticing this is a trend for you. You’re doing nothing for your cause by just making vague threads.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 22nd 2019, 6:59 pm
Greysentinel365 wrote:
In-sidiousvader wrote:

We are. But I’m noticing this is a trend for you. You’re doing nothing for your cause by just making vague threads.
Fair point I have no access to Fact files or any of the more obscure books, but I do have RTs Vk.com and own some of the Vader books myself, i'll cook something up.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 22nd 2019, 7:20 pm
Dooku destroys.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

June 22nd 2019, 7:25 pm
Dooku one-shots.
The Witness
The Witness

June 23rd 2019, 6:20 am
Vader like 1 week after ROTS trying to adjust to his suit?
Dooku obviously
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 23rd 2019, 6:34 am
Dooku easily
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

June 23rd 2019, 8:36 am
Yeah, Dooku tools.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 23rd 2019, 9:22 am
Darth Vader as of 18 bby case.

As of 19 bby when simply coming off the table of the empal sur recon center Vader is noted to be as deadly as Anakin skywalker

Go behind the mask of one of the greatest villains of all time! More machine than man now. Featuring never-before-seen cross-sections of Darth Vader's suit, this book dissects the galaxy's most famous villain layer-by-layer, revealing the incredible technology that keeps him alive and as deadly as ever.

Purge Darth Vader vs AOTC Dooku Image011

After killing Roan Shryne Vader and the Emperor have this to say about his power growth...
More important, Vader's bloodlust had been appeased; replaced by self-possession of a sort he had never before experienced. It was as if he had crossed some invisible threshold to a new world. He could feel the power of the dark side surging through him like an icy torrent. He felt invulnerable in a way that had nothing to do with his durasteel prostheses, his suit of armor and gadgets, which now seemed little more than an outfit. And it had taken a Jedi–yet another Jedi–to usher him over that threshold.
--
Sidious was pleased. Vader had done well. He had sensed the change in him, even in the brief conversation they had had following the events on Kashyyyk. Now that Vader had begun to tap deeply into the power of the dark side, his true apprenticeship could begin. The Jedi were incidental to him. He was covetous of the power Sidious wielded, and believed that one day they would be equals.

-- Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader

He has crossed an invisible threshold implying that this is an amount of power he has never felt before. Now remember per the rules of this thread G canon is not allowed to be used, thus this evidence does indeed fit within the lore as Sidious himself muses earlier in the novel, that Vader's limitations were psychological and confronting his demons would allow him to retain or even gain power equivalent to his former self.

Now then Nick rostu has this to say about Vader:
It didn't matter. There was no doubt in Nick's mind that, were Kar Vastor somehow to be pitted against Darth Vader, the feral Balawai renegade wouldn't stand a chance.
The Force was powerful in Vader; even the dim wattage of Nick's connection could feel that. It was far more powerful than it had been in Kar Vastor. It had pulsed from Vastor in waves of fury, blasted like an open furnace. In Vader, it was-contained. Pent.
Waiting.

-- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

Now bear in mind Nick Rostu has only ever observed Vastor on the force rich world of Haruun Kaal, on this world Mace windu claims Vastor has power on the scale of jedi grandmaster Yoda:

I could not answer; Vastor has power on the scale of Master Yoda, or young Anakin Skywalker. And I had no desire to debate with Depa on Jedi tradition, and the necessary distinction between dark and light.
Shatterpoint

With this in mind it becomes clear that as of the events of coruscant nights 1 Vader is wielding power on the scale with greats like Anakin and Yoda.

Abruptly he experienced a sudden tingle that vibrated the lines of the Force—a plangent throb telling him that a new player was approaching the blasted landscape of the Factory District. Someone extremely strong in the Force—stronger than he’d ever encountered before. It could mean only one thing:
Darth Vader was coming.

-- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

No, Jax didn’t know what Darth Vader was capable of. Aboard the dying Far Ranger he thought he had seen him fail to manipulate Thi Xon Yimmon’s mind and have to settle, instead, for manipulating gravity. Still …
“I’ve never known a Force-user as powerful as Vader,” he admitted. “Which only makes it more critical that we rescue Yimmon.”
--
Not only was Darth Vader the most powerful Force-user Tesla had ever known, he had always thought of him as a towering genius.

-- The Last Jedi

Jax Pavan is a Jedi Knight who has to have met Yoda since the grandmaster heads every knighting ceremony.

He threw himself spinning up and away from the two Jedi to land on the situation table, disengaging for a moment to recover his composure-that had been entirely too close-but by the time his boots touched down Kenobi was there to meet him, blade weaving through a defensive velocity so bewilderingly fast that Dooku dared not even try a strike; he threw a feint toward Kenobi's face, then dropped and spun in a reverse ankle-sweep-But not only did Kenobi easily overleap this attack, Dooku nearly lost his own foot to a slash from Skywalker who had again come out of nowhere and now carved through the table so that it collapsed under Dooku's weight and dumped the Sith Lord unceremoniously to the floor. This was not in the plan."
[...]
He drove a series of flashing thrusts toward Kenobi's legs to draw the Jedi Master into a flipping overhead leap so that Dooku could burn through his spine from kidneys to shoulder blades-and this image, this plan, was so clear in Dooku's mind that he almost failed to notice that Kenobi met every one of his thrusts without so much as moving his feet, staying perfectly centered, perfectly balanced, blade never moving a millimeter more than was necessary, deflecting without effort, riposting with flickering strikes and stabs swifter than the tongue of a Garollian ghost viper, and when Dooku felt Skywalker regain his feet and stride once more toward his back, he finally registered the source of that blinding defensive velocity Kenobi had used a moment ago, and only then, belatedly, did he understand that Kenobi's Ataro and Shii-Cho had been ploys, as well.
Kenobi had become a master of Soresu.
Revenge of the Sith novel

Now then the above passage states that Obi Wan Kenobi at the beginning of ROTS was able to facilitate a defensive saber guard Dooku implies to be impenetrable, this is ROTS Dooku who has grown significantly since his days in AOTC.

Darth Vader by way of Yoda, Anakin, and Ferus Olin scaling should be comfortably above the great Obi wan kenobi as of 18bby. This is based on his performance against Ferus Olin and how that correlates with Ferus's standing to Obi wan.

Ferus's Jedi training made him move quicker than an ordinary bystander, dodging almost in time with Obi-Wan.

—The Last of The Jedi: Dark Warning

Admittedly this comparison is vague, but if Ferus is almost Dodging in time with obi wan than he should be maybe a tier at most behind him, Obi wan cannot likely blitz and oneshot him, but Darth Vader...

He launched himself at Darth Vader, his lightsaber in his hand.
Chapter Nineteen
His lightsaber came down on empty air.
He thought he'd have the element of surprise, at least, but Vader had expected the attack. He had wanted it. He had provoked it. He had killed Roan to provoke Ferus. There was no other explanation for it, and it served to fuel Ferus's rage.
Roan had died for this?
Ferus heard Amie shout, but he couldn't focus on anything but his own need to plunge his lightsaber deep into Vader. He whirled and attacked again, but Vader again was gone, moving with a speed and lightness that was surprising considering his body armor.
-
The lightsaber moved so fast, it was as though it jumped from Vader's hand. The mortal strike was assured and driven by the Force, the dark side that surrounded Vader and pulsed steadily from him. He had only been a blur.

—The Last of The Jedi: Secret Weapon

The lightsaber hadn't been there, and then it was, and the lightsaber was a blur. Vader moved without seeming to move, and the lightsaber sliced into Roan, straight into his chest. Straight into his heart.

In case you were doubting this scaling because there was no concrete basis for Ferus being about as fast as Obi wan, Amped ferus weilding the sith holocron which grants him a huge burst of power still is no match for a Vader that is seemingly toyying with him until he offbalances Vader with a taunt about padme.

Ferus saw the glow of Vader's lightsaber as he activated his own.
This was it, then. The final confrontation.
He was ready. His rage was ice and fire.
He charged.
His first blow was easily parried. He came at Vader again. Again. Circling, jumping, vaulting past him, turning. Each time his lightsaber came toward him, it was eilher deflected in a shock that ran up his arm, Vader simply wasn't there.
"If you cannot even touch me, how can you win?" Darth Vader asked.
Ferus focused on his anger. He remembered Palpatine's words.
There is no limit to what you can do.
He charged at the dark figure again. This time his strike came close. He touched the edge of Vader's cape. He smelled the singed material.
Now, while he's off balance. Now.
"Maybe I'll just get lucky," Ferus said. "Anakin."
Vader came at him with surprising swiftness, but Ferus was able to Force-leap away. Still he sensed that Vader was holding himself back, playing with him for now.

All in all, Vader has comparable scaling to Dooku even as of this stage, has a showing against a character who has similar speed to Kenobi whom A superior version of dooku described as a "whirl of blue light" and someone he dared not try to pierce"
So I ask you all shall we move onto ROTS Tyranus vs 18bby Vader?

Last edited by In-sidiousvader on June 23rd 2019, 1:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 23rd 2019, 9:26 am
None of that says what you imply it does.
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

June 23rd 2019, 11:31 am
Dooku godstomps
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 23rd 2019, 11:53 am
That formatting though. Also:

LadyKulvax wrote:None of that says what you imply it does.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 23rd 2019, 12:03 pm
The problem is that many of the statements you presented could just refere to Vader’s potential, especially the Kar Vastor one.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 23rd 2019, 12:08 pm
That is one of the most terribly constructed, hilariously stupid, badly formatted posts I've ever seen.

Thanks for the laughs ISV.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

June 23rd 2019, 12:12 pm
Honestly, gotta congratulate ISV on thinking outside the box. I like the approach, even though I disagree with it.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 23rd 2019, 12:15 pm
Formatting is fixed and the person who trash talked me your posts are flagged.

Last edited by In-sidiousvader on June 23rd 2019, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 23rd 2019, 12:30 pm
In-sidiousvader wrote:Formatting is fixed and the two people who trash talked me your posts are flagged.

Which two people trash talked you? The only person I can see how trash talked you is DC77;
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 23rd 2019, 12:37 pm
The formatting is now slightly less disgusting to look at but still disgusting. Nice.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

June 23rd 2019, 5:06 pm
@Azronger is it too much to ask you to do your job here? I mean no disrespect, but you gave Jake a warning for an insult please deal with this guy above me. Thanks
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 23rd 2019, 5:22 pm
@In-sidiousvader He insulted your post, not you, and correctly pointed out the poor formatting. Sometimes other people have a point when they seem aggressive. It's best to learn from them and improve yourself rather than simply calling a moderator on the other person for a non-offense and repeating the same mistakes over and over. It's needless, unprovoked, malicious harassment that warrants a strike, but not criticism, even if it's harsh.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

June 23rd 2019, 5:36 pm
TRADING CARDS
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

June 23rd 2019, 5:39 pm
LadyKulvax wrote:None of that says what you imply it does.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum