Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce

RotS Sidious vs Mustafar Kenobi - Page 2 Empty Re: RotS Sidious vs Mustafar Kenobi

on Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:45 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Sheev isn't faster. Kenobi moved faster than any Jedi or Sith in history while his physcials and force reserves were wrecked and he's already matched MF Vader's TK. If you want to say they were both attacking then they come out as equal. If you want to say Anakin was defending then Obi-Wan output several times the energy he did to break the shield. 

The idea of Obi-Wan's style familiarity saving him in inherently hypocritical as the same statements attribute this advantage to Anakin as well. Some sources even state that the two were constantly trying to stray from their norms to catch each other off. So if anything each of them had to put more effort into their saber moves. Likewise the idea of Kenobi being able to divert all his power in to augmentation and leave his defense to instinct is countered by Anakin simply doing the same and tossing power into his augment.

The "enormous difference" statement doesn't change the feat itself. Kenobi still performed all the same feats. We just know he did it despite being at a huge disadvanatge, which makes it even better. Likewise to acknowledge this quote you also concede to other half of thing which confirms MF Anakin as a full blown 9. 

Can Kenobi beat Sidious? No. But the idea that this will be a stomp is just absurd. Much like with Mace and Yoda, Palps needs lightning to end this one quickly. If he doesn't use it he has a marathon on his hands.

Deal with it.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

RotS Sidious vs Mustafar Kenobi - Page 2 Empty Re: RotS Sidious vs Mustafar Kenobi

on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:14 pm
RotS Sidious vs Mustafar Kenobi - Page 2 39523600
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

on Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 pm
Anyone besides me going to unpack that?
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

on Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:58 pm
Nah, Grey is speaking big facts ngl.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:48 pm
Anyone besides me going to unpack that?

I might if I feel like it.

Nah, Grey is speaking big facts ngl.

I think wank is more accurate.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:51 pm
There is nothing to unpack here. Grey's wank is laughable. Dooku ragdolling Kenobi is more than enough for a proof.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:41 am
@HellfireUnit wrote:There is nothing to unpack here. Grey's wank is laughable. Dooku ragdolling Kenobi is more than enough for a proof.

True but it's Dooku. 

Kenobi in the ROTS novel from what I remember was amped due to enlightenment so if it's this version of Kenobi, again going on how people interoperate Anakin being hindered or not, you could make a case for Obi-Wan.

I do agree that Sidious > Kenobi under normal circumstances. Given the richter scale it's ragdoll range if not far off.
Sas
Sas

on Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:33 am
@HeartoftheForce wrote:The idea of Obi-Wan's style familiarity saving him in inherently hypocritical as the same statements attribute this advantage to Anakin as well.

You seem to have misunderstood something.  It's not that Obi-Wan's familiarity with Vader's style gave him a one-sided advantage, and thereby leveled the otherwise-lopsided playing field. It's that their mutual familiarity--the fact that each fighter already knew the perfect countermove to the other's every move--caused a battle that would otherwise have been shorter, to be protracted.  And the battle being protracted ended up working in Obi-Wan's favor, because it allowed enough time for Vader to falter on an emotional level, which Obi-Wan capitalized on.

@HeartoftheForce wrote:We just know he did it despite being at a huge disadvantage, which makes it even better. Likewise to acknowledge this quote you also concede to other half of thing which confirms MF Anakin as a full blown 9.

In a sense that's true, but you've chosen a pretty strange way to frame it, given that the 'huge disadvantage' in question is just that Obi-Wan is an enormously less capable fighter compared to Vader.  And yes, Vader is a nine.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum