Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) Empty Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

May 12th 2020, 7:08 pm
Fight takes place outside the Lars home, but there's no Luke. Who wins?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) Empty Re: Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

May 12th 2020, 7:10 pm
Mustafar Kenobi dies in seconds.
LOTL

Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) Empty Re: Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

May 13th 2020, 1:10 am
Why the trolling now?
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 13th 2020, 6:03 am
This wasn't a troll thread, there was a Mustafar Obi-Wan vs Maul & Savage thread, many believed that Obi-Wan would win that contest, a few said that Kenobi smacks/destroys. So I wanted to add TPM Jinn/Kenobi to Maul/Savage's side to see the answers, and I know some people believe that numbers aren't a game changer, which is why I can imagine people rooting for Kenobi even in this scenario, so I don't consider this a troll thread.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 13th 2020, 9:01 pm
Latham2000 wrote:This wasn't a troll thread, there was a Mustafar Obi-Wan vs Maul & Savage thread, many believed that Obi-Wan would win that contest, a few said that Kenobi smacks/destroys. So I wanted to add TPM Jinn/Kenobi to Maul/Savage's side to see the answers, and I know some people believe that numbers aren't a game changer, which is why I can imagine people rooting for Kenobi even in this scenario, so I don't consider this a troll thread.
Give Kenobi "morals off", lots of cover to hide behind, and a second lightsaber.

Then he breaks the tpm's necks, before fodderizing fodder.  Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) 4037459623
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 14th 2020, 5:29 am
Kenobi gets stomped Maul alone is a challenge
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 14th 2020, 6:04 am
I think we can all agree that Ben Kenobi smacks the crap out of them, right?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 14th 2020, 7:05 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
SithSauce wrote:Kenobi gets stomped Maul alone is a challenge

Maul gets atomised tenfold
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 14th 2020, 7:06 am
Honestly, Kenobi in a great fight
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

May 14th 2020, 8:03 am
This is overkill. One could argue that Maul wins by himself. Adding Savage and Jinn is just making Kenobi's defeat more and more certain.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 14th 2020, 8:12 am
Maul can hold is own against Obi-Wan in a 1v1, but he'd still lose.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 14th 2020, 9:14 am
Kenobi is considerably above everyone here except maybe Maul, but together they take him.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

May 14th 2020, 9:50 am
TPM Jinn and Kenobi are "real jedis" compared to Yoda and Sidious

They stomp
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 14th 2020, 10:27 am
team stomp do to sheer numbers
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 14th 2020, 3:07 pm
Trayus Marauder wrote:This is overkill. One could argue that Maul wins by himself. 
One could, and then they'd be reminded of what happened when they fought.  Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) 1289255181
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

May 15th 2020, 4:32 am
freethedevil wrote:One could, and then they'd be reminded of what happened when the fought.

So you would be reminding me of how Maul was able to ragdoll Kenobi multiple times and how any advantage Kenobi gained has limited viability from a battle analysis POV given we have confirmation that Savage/Maul were getting in each other's way during that fight given the area in question. 

If you insist on lowballing Maul, maybe consider developing an argument that actually aligns with the lore. 
LOTL

May 15th 2020, 5:18 am
Maul force grips Obi Wan the first time when his back is turned( yeah there is an explicit image confirming it) when he is concentrating on fighting Savage, not Maul. The other time is merely a force push. If you are counting that, SC has an instance where Obi Wan force pushes both Maul and Savage combined which is far better.

SC also makes it clear that fighting in between two Sith is a huge mistake, and that is exactly the case in the tunnel. In fact, given its emphasis by the text, it is actually Obi Wan who is at a disadvantage, not the brothers because his problem is highlighted with more importance

Then you have the fact that Jar'kai makes force users more vulnerable to counter attack via the force

All of this is clearly evident when you consider that Obi Wan has a lengthy fight with Maul one on one yet Maul didn't even attempt to employ the force. If he can simply ragdoll Obi Wan without circumstances whenever he wants then he would have done it from the beginning. Moreover, the creator of the fight in Filoni clearly has a more favorable opinion on Obi Wan than the brothers in the fight( or equal) so yeah, any notion of Maul being noticeably better is outright wrong. I am not even convinced that the team combined can be noticeably better than him, let alone Maul, who is probably his rough equal
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 15th 2020, 5:25 am
The creator of the show (Filoni), did also say that Maul and Opress kind of "overextended" in that 2v1, for what it's worth. And IIRC, SC said that it would be a fatal mistake if Obi-Wan took a defensive approach against the brothers because that's what they were expecting.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 15th 2020, 5:26 am
Trayus Marauder wrote:
freethedevil wrote:One could, and then they'd be reminded of what happened when the fought.

So you would be reminding me of how Maul was able to ragdoll Kenobi multiple times and how any advantage Kenobi gained has limited viability from a battle analysis POV given we have confirmation that Savage/Maul were getting in each other's way during that fight given the area in question. 

If you insist on lowballing Maul, maybe consider developing an argument that actually aligns with the lore. 
Don't derail my thread.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 15th 2020, 5:26 am
So you would be reminding me of how Maul was able to ragdoll Kenobi multiple times 

Maul has only ever ragdolled Kenobi once, and it was when Kenobi was emotionally distressed by seeing Maul about to kill another Jedi. 

and how any advantage Kenobi gained has limited viability from a battle analysis POV given we have confirmation that Savage/Maul were getting in each other's way during that fight given the area in question

And Kenobi was using a form not suited for cramped spaces (Ataru). 

Maul has yet to beat, let alone ragdoll Kenobi when both are in peak condition and focused. The first time, Kenobi was mentally unbalanced and had been tortured to the point of unconsciousness. The second time, Maul "ragdolled" Kenobi when Obi-Wan was rushing at him out of emotion. The third time, Kenobi held a clear advantage over Savage and Maul in a cramped space that hindered both sides (the duo because they were getting in each other's way, and Kenobi because of his usage of Ataru). The fourth time, Maul used the Force to disarm and choke a barely standing Kenobi who'd just been smashed into a wall by an explosion.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 15th 2020, 7:54 am
Latham2000 wrote:The creator of the show (Filoni), did also say that Maul and Opress kind of "overextended" in that 2v1, for what it's worth. And IIRC, SC said that it would be a fatal mistake if Obi-Wan took a defensive approach against the brothers because that's what they were expecting.
More specifically, it said it would be a fatal mistake because their stamina collectively outstripped his own.
freethedevil
freethedevil

May 15th 2020, 8:02 am
Trayus Marauder wrote:

from a battle analysis POV given we have confirmation that Savage/Maul were getting in each other's way during that fight given the area in question. 
Why are you bringing up retconned material?  Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) 1220391476

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE_CVWMWK74

See how they're on opposite sides of Kenobi? 

We can also talk about Kenobi passing up on three chances to kill maul in their first duel because of the happenings of ventress and Oppress....

maultiple ragdolls
Only one of which(sith hunters) would be applicable in a 1 v1. The problem is, it didn't afford him a win in a majority of their actual fights in tcw, so I'm not really sure why it would against Kenobi as of ROTS.
Curious talk for someone who keeps bringing up non-canon.  Mustafar Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (SoD) & Savage Opress & Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) 1220391476
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 15th 2020, 8:16 am
Maul would lose to RotS Obi-Wan, but I think he can hold his own before being defeated.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

May 15th 2020, 8:43 am
@Latham2000

How is a discussion of the matchup derailing the thread? Would it not be better to have debate/discussion rather than a bunch of comments that are less than one sentence? Besides, given that I wasn't even the one who began the engagement, I find it interesting that you single me out. 

@BoD

Totally correct concerning the 1st and 4th examples you referred to. The ragdolls I would consider when evaluating Maul's TK potency are the following examples:

2 ragdolls on Florrum (found at 4:27 and 4:47)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE_CVWMWK74

As well as this example:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111137054/4253755-forcechokeobi-wan.jpg

Unlike the S4 events as well as the confrontation on Mandalore, these 3 don't have circumstances attached that would impact Kenobi to the point where his defences would be sub-par. 

@freethedevil

The S4 duel had so many circumstances attached that I wouldn't use it as a reliable way to judge Maul or Kenobi. Maul's second ragdoll on Florrum was a 1v1 scenario as is the comic extract. Where exactly am I using non-canon? Curious as to how you justify that.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 15th 2020, 9:04 am
Trayus Marauder wrote:@Latham2000

How is a discussion of the matchup derailing the thread? Would it not be better to have debate/discussion rather than a bunch of comments that are less than one sentence? Besides, given that I wasn't even the one who began the engagement, I find it interesting that you single me out. 
First and foremost, I did not single you out because I tagged both you and freethedevil. Secondly, the thread has been derailed because it's now an Obi-Wan vs Maul 1v1, but the actual match up is EoRotS Kenobi vs Maul & Savage & Jinn & TPM Kenobi, not Kenobi vs Maul 1v1.

Last edited by Latham2000 on May 15th 2020, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum