Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bourbon
Bourbon

Revan vs Exar Kun Empty Revan vs Exar Kun

June 7th 2020, 9:46 pm
1. Shadow of Revan vs Prime Exar Kun

2. Revan Reborn vs Prime Exar Kun

Battle 1 : Lightsabers only

Battle 2 : Force only

Battle 3 : All out!
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Revan vs Exar Kun Empty Re: Revan vs Exar Kun

June 7th 2020, 9:50 pm
Revan receives Nadd treatment
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

June 7th 2020, 10:00 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Revan's far more powerful than Kun. He's canonically superior via the Malak quote, and he has way better feats anyway.

For those disputing the Malak quote: https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t2955p150-top-fifteen-tournament-12-alliance-commander#57697
Bourbon
Bourbon

June 7th 2020, 10:13 pm
@Jaggarath

I agree with you on the Malak quote. It says that Malak is more powerful but is questioning whether it was due to the 'cybernetic enhancement' or something else. I just read a thread on Exar Kun that was talking about this quote and saying something like it gave Malak more galactic power (because of the star forge ships) or something and not more force power. I did not really understand that point on that thread.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

June 7th 2020, 10:18 pm
@Bourbon: Right on. I also address that point in the link shared above. It wouldn't make sense for the quote to be about "galactic power" because then "cybernetic enhancement" wouldn't be "too simple an explanation."
Bourbon
Bourbon

June 7th 2020, 10:42 pm
@Jaggarath

But is the quote talking about full power star forge Malak or only up until Revan beat him? I think it's stated that Malak would become too powerful for even Revan later on if he is not stopped.

Also if star forge Malak is stronger than Kun then wouldn't this mean that he is also above all the ancient sith? And since the ancients were more powerful than everyone till that point (Except maybe the sith triumvirate I think -not sure if this is true but seen something related to them) then Revan and Malak would be superior to pretty much every force user that came before them? 

I am a little new so I kind of know pieces/parts from stuff and not the whole story so I might be wrong about some stuff.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

June 8th 2020, 12:41 am
Why making this a mismatch? Even kotor revan smokes kun
TenebrousWay
TenebrousWay

June 8th 2020, 12:46 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Bourbon wrote:@Jaggarath

I agree with you on the Malak quote. It says that Malak is more powerful but is questioning whether it was due to the 'cybernetic enhancement' or something else. I just read a thread on Exar Kun that was talking about this quote and saying something like it gave Malak more galactic power (because of the star forge ships) or something and not more force power. I did not really understand that point on that thread.

We can just assume cybernetic enhancement is "too simple an explanation" and base Malak is has powers "far greater than Exar Kun."   Revan vs Exar Kun 4233314142
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

June 8th 2020, 12:53 am
Yeah the quote is stated by the author of the quote to be denoting the powers Malak's provided to reference the Star Forge in its ability to build ships and its connection to the dark side of the Force. As opposed to a version of events where Vitiate has another Nathema between the GSW and JCW we never hear about off-screen.

Exar Kun is a vastly better duelist and has proven feats against better characters than Revan has faced. He absolutely wins against any Revan incarnation.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 8th 2020, 3:48 am
HellfireUnit wrote:Revan receives Nadd treatment

You've got to be kidding me. Revan vs Exar Kun 4183286560

Bourbon wrote:@Jaggarath

Following considerations:

The Sith Lord had grotesquely adapted the Rakatan device to draw energy directly from chained Jedi captives. He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs. Malak was nearly unstoppable, but the Republic emerged from that epic conflict victorious, as the Star Forge was eventually destroyed.

Taken from the Star Wars: Databank (Legends)

+

"The Star Forge is more than just a space station. In some ways, it is like a living creature. It hungers. And it can feed on the dark side that is within all of us! Look around you, Revan. See the bodies? You should recognize them from the Academy. These are Jedi who fell when I attacked Dantooine. For all intents and purposes dead, except for one difference: I have not let them become one with the Force. Instead I have brought them here. The Star Forge corrupts what remains of their power and transfers the dark taint to me! You cannot beat me, Revan. Not here on the Star Forge. Not when I can draw upon the power of all these Jedi!" - Darth Malak (Star Forge)

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on June 14th 2020, 3:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 8th 2020, 5:23 am
Revan canonically scales above him.
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 8th 2020, 6:32 am
There's no canonical scaling whatsoever. As the author has clarified definitively.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 8th 2020, 6:40 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
You asking the author loaded questions on Twitter 15 years after he wrote the quote does not change its actual meaning, sorry. The fact that the quote considers the possibility that Malak's fucking metallic jaw is the source of his power indicates it's referring to personal - not militaristic - power.
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 8th 2020, 9:09 am
You're asserting they were loaded questions which is flat-out BS. I didn't even properly ask him questions. I just informed him in what way his article was being used. He actually inquired of me which article it was and then decided of his own volition to clarify the matter. But naturally you'd assume this because you obviously never actually bothered to go through with reading what he said in full.

Your opinions on the validity of author clarifications after the fact is entirely irrelevant. He made it clear what he was definitely meaning when he wrote that specific part of the article. This, to be frank, utter double-standard, baffles me. When Chris Avellone was asked a drove of questions about a game he wrote back in 2003, his own clarifications were taken on-board by pretty much the entire debating community. Evidence of this can be seen where his very answers are used in a good dozen respect threads from yester-year. So forgive me if I don't hand-wave Herndon's own clarifications.

As far as the metallic jaw point goes, I've completely invalidated the use of that as a means to dismiss Herndon's clarification and other interpretations of the quote, in my Exar Kun RT. It's a moot point if anything and doesn't help the contention here.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

June 8th 2020, 1:13 pm
Jaggarath wrote:Revan's far more powerful than Kun. He's canonically superior via the Malak quote, and he has way better feats anyway.

For those disputing the Malak quote: https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/t2955p150-top-fifteen-tournament-12-alliance-commander#57697
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

June 8th 2020, 1:17 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:
Jaggarath wrote:Revan's far more powerful than Kun. He's canonically superior via the Malak quote, and he has way better feats anyway.

Lord Eon
Lord Eon

June 8th 2020, 1:48 pm
Revan
Darth Nihilus
Darth Nihilus

June 8th 2020, 11:34 pm
@LadyKulvax

Not sure how this adds up to the 'Malak is canonically superior to Kun' debate but consider the following:

Freedon Nadd was a dark Jedi, he conquered Onderon long ago and became their king. The royal line is directly descended from him. The stories say that he was far worse than Revan and Malak ever were. This place is tainted and the Sith presence here makes the danger great."

"The soldier is correct. The dark side is strong here... and it will grant its strength to the Sith."

-Mandalorian Scout & Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords 

This seems to state that Freedon Nadd was superior to both Darth Revan and Darth Malak. Since Kun is superior to Nadd, then Malak could not be superior to Kun.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

June 9th 2020, 2:44 pm
Revan via superior scaling
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

June 14th 2020, 2:03 pm
Should be Darth Thanaton vs Exar Kun
AncientPower
AncientPower

June 14th 2020, 8:09 pm
No, it shouldn't be. Kun absolutely wins here, through any comparison of feats.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 14th 2020, 8:24 pm
Revan smacks the guy who sounds like a diseased vagina. Malak scaling is enough.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

June 14th 2020, 8:30 pm
@BoD

Revan vs Exar Kun CUog2oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 14th 2020, 8:31 pm
Jaggarath wrote:@BoD

Revan vs Exar Kun CUog2oAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

?

Not sure what you’re getting at here. I didn’t specify gaps, unless of course you believe that I have Yoda only a small/moderate gap below Nyax or Valkorion per 2/3 spaces?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

June 14th 2020, 8:36 pm
@BOD: Confused why you would have Kun above Arcann/Malak if you subscribe to Malak scaling.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum