Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Inquisitor Jerec vs Savage Opress Empty Inquisitor Jerec vs Savage Opress

April 21st 2020, 5:15 am
Round 1: Sabers only
Round 2: All out
Gianfi
Gianfi

Inquisitor Jerec vs Savage Opress Empty Re: Inquisitor Jerec vs Savage Opress

April 21st 2020, 5:40 am
Jerec imo. Maybe savage wins in sabers
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 21st 2020, 8:52 am
Bro I don't see Jerec's hype and don't post the quote I'm talking about a case that doesn't rest on one measly little quote like Jerec spends his days being sub Tremayne and Mallorum for what 20 years straight? Then in one year he becomes equal to Vader? No, it's his knowledge of the darkside that gives him "powers" that rival Vader's. It's saying he's got a set of powers that rival Vader, which is what force destruction is, it's designed to bypass force user defenses and to help him overthrow sheev.

With that said, sub Tremayne fodder still wins because he has the force haxx of FD
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 21st 2020, 9:39 am
Even the quote about him rivalling Vader is hilariously dramatic and clearly romanticised: 

"Jerec lives surrounded by a darkness that has nothing to do with his lack of physical sight. Tattoos flow from his mouth and he hides his empty eye sockets with a thin blindfold-like mask."

It's hyperbole. Savage smacks him.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

April 21st 2020, 11:04 am
Jerec one-shots
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 21st 2020, 11:36 am
jerec via tremayne scaling
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

April 21st 2020, 2:17 pm
Jerec doens't need Vader parity to beat Savage. We already know Savage has no answer to Force Lightning, which Jerec is capable of. But on top of that, Jerec also has Force Destruction, which would also allow him to beat Savage. 

Now, if Savage were to get up close and personal, Jerec would be in trouble. But I don't see him even getting within melee range of Jerec. Jerec tends to default to using Force Destruction before even drawing his lightsaber, based off of the cutscenes in Jedi Knight.
Reynard (Ethanion)
Reynard (Ethanion)

April 21st 2020, 2:49 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Jerec rivals Vader, so he has no chance against Savage.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2020, 4:16 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
@Reynard (Ethanion)
Dave Filoni : ''Maul is a super dangerous threat. Because he has been trained for years. He’s really adept. So he’s kind of in the Vader realm. He’s well trained by Sidious in all types of Sith ways. Not the least of which is manipulation.''

Source: Rebel Force Radio Interview (2012)

Filoni directly compares TCW Maul to Vader and we know Maul>>>Savage.
MP

April 22nd 2020, 4:45 am
Yet another solid and factual source from the Vader brigade.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2020, 4:50 am
@Meatpants not sure if you are being sarcastic?
MP

April 22nd 2020, 4:51 am
@SithSauce

I'm not. What sort of implication are you trying to make via that quote?
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2020, 5:37 am
@Meatpants Well I used this statement to make the point that Vader is above Savage which is contrary to Ethanion's opinion (though he was likely trolling)
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 22nd 2020, 5:46 am
Radio interviews with Filoni does not a canon source make.
MP

April 22nd 2020, 6:04 am
@SithSauce

Filoni's authority aside, what makes you think he's referring specifically to Force power?
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2020, 6:11 am
Right because lets forget that Filoni has worked and been under the  tutelage of George Lucas for years. Lets forget that Filoni clearly respects Lucas's vision of Sidious being the most powerful sith lord, hence showcasing Sidious completely outclass  the brothers in The Lawless. Lets forget that Filoni clearly honors Lucas  by having Dooku outclass Obi Wan in TCW S6 which is clearly consistent with the films. There's no reason why Filoni wouldn't respect Lucas's opinion if he truly thought Vader was sub TPM Kenobi and Qui Gon. So Filoni thinking Vader is in the same ballpark is Maul is very likely consistent with Lucas's opinion too. Unless you want to bring up old statements (which I might add don't even suggest Vader is inferior to the TPM duo at all) that were released before most people here were even born.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2020, 6:18 am
@MeatPants Because Filoni is clearly comparing their training in the sith ways....
MP

April 22nd 2020, 6:29 am
Just because he's comparing their similar training and relationship to Sidious and the Sith does not mean FIloni is painting them as approximates in Force power or combative strength. Again, we have the attempt to bring Vader up to an artificial power level via vague quotes. On top of that, we need to be, above all, consistent. Filoni has some authority, granted, but the stuff he says does not trump binding continuity quotes; especially when he's using phrases like "kind of" and comparing Vader and Maul having similar training.
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 22nd 2020, 8:18 am
SithSauce wrote:Right because lets forget that Filoni has worked and been under the  tutelage of George Lucas for years. 

meh.

Lets forget that Filoni clearly respects Lucas's vision of Sidious being the most powerful sith lord, hence showcasing Sidious completely outclass  the brothers in The Lawless. 

A vision me and the other 8 year olds from my school respected, when we watched the film back in 05.  

Lets forget that Filoni clearly honors Lucas  by having Dooku outclass Obi Wan in TCW S6 which is clearly consistent with the films.

A vision me and the other 8 year olds from my school honoured, when we watched the film back in 05. 

There's no reason why Filoni wouldn't respect Lucas's opinion if he truly thought Vader was sub TPM Kenobi and Qui Gon. So Filoni thinking Vader is in the same ballpark is Maul is very likely consistent with Lucas's opinion too

It's probably something he came up with himself, seen as Lucas has Vader below the TPM crowd. 

Unless you want to bring up old statements (which I might add don't even suggest Vader is inferior to the TPM duo at all) that were released before most people here were even born.

Your births don't retcon them.
LOTL

April 22nd 2020, 9:20 am
It is quite irritating to see the Vader gang give such cheap quality argumentation lol. I am no fan of Vader being close to Palpatine or anything, but even I can get that this has essentially become a popularity contest and the opposition is simply benefitting from the lapse in the argumentation being given because of it not being competent enough

I mean, come on. Nothing in Star Wars is a given. An absolute. Nothing. Revan back in 2012 was fodder to Ventress of all people. Even Krayt was inferior to Obi Wan then. However, unlike the times when Ragnos could one-shot Palpatine, most of the material was accessible to these people. All it took was someone interpreting, formulating argumentation, and giving out or structuring arguments in a way that changed the entire narrative of the character( along with, obviously, giving out new material)

I have come across promising talent in the Vader gang, people like BoD, or Latham for eg. It is legit not difficult to get Vader high. For the past many months the Vader gang has been taking one beatdown after the next. Try to make it, at the very least, a contest lol
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 22nd 2020, 10:28 am
@LOTL "It's legit not difficult to get Vader high?"
Why dont you have a shot at it then?
LOTL

April 22nd 2020, 10:35 am
SithSauce wrote:@LOTL "It's legit not difficult to get Vader high?"

Because I am not a part of the Vader brigade. I am not a strong supporter of him to warrant getting into intensive argumentation with a party that clearly is possessing high motivation. Not going to name people

However, people like you who are part of the gang can function better. That is the point

Last edited by LOTL on April 22nd 2020, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 22nd 2020, 10:36 am
LOTL wrote:
SithSauce wrote:@LOTL "It's legit not difficult to get Vader high?"

Because I am not a part of the Vader brigade. I am not a strong supporter of him to warrant getting into intensive argumentation with a party that clearly is possessing high motivation

However, people like you who are part of the gang can function better. That is the point
how does the brigade take beatdowns after another?  Inquisitor Jerec vs Savage Opress 39523600
LOTL

April 22nd 2020, 10:44 am
Yeah enough. The point is that I expect higher competency from the Vader brigade. We can ignore the minutiae here
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

April 22nd 2020, 10:46 am
Inquisitor Jerec vs Savage Opress 2265358366
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum