Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

BoRots Anakin vs Darth Plagueis - Page 2 Empty Re: BoRots Anakin vs Darth Plagueis

March 23rd 2020, 1:03 pm
I've edited my post because I made a big typo to what I was meant to write:

It even adds more to Anakin's personal grievances for Dooku, saying that that the same Dooku belittled Anakin and tried to put his wife, Padme to death. Zonakin is just a forum term for the rage amped Anakin who stomped Dooku, but this isn't the Anakin that the OP is considering, the OP said that we're considering LS Anakin, who has a non-existent relationship with *PLAGUEIS.

I accidently wrote Dooku instead of Plagueis because I was typing so fast that I wasn't thinking, nor was I reading what I wrote. Anakin has a non existent relationship with Plagueis because he has never met him, so there's no emotional baggage.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

BoRots Anakin vs Darth Plagueis - Page 2 Empty Re: BoRots Anakin vs Darth Plagueis

March 23rd 2020, 1:10 pm
The Stover novel explicitly notes that it's him dropping all restraint and giving himself over to dark side emotions that allows him to stomp Dooku:

There was a thermonuclear furnace where his heart should be, and it was burning through the firewalls of his Jedi training. He held the Force in the clench of a white-hot fist. He was half Sith already, and he didn't even know it.

This boy had the gift of fury.

And even now, he was holding himself back; even now, as he landed at Dooku's flank and rained blows upon the Sith Lord's defenses, even as he drove Dooku backward step after step, Dooku could feel how Skywalker kept his fury banked behind walls of will: walls that were hardened by some uncontrollable dread.

-

But for Anakin, in the fight there is only terror, and rage.

Only he stands between death and the two men he loves best in all the world, and he can no longer afford to hold anything back. That imaginary dead-star dragon tries its best to freeze away his strength, to whisper him that Dooku has beaten him before, that Dooku has all the power of the darkness, to remind him how Dooku took his hand, how Dooku could strike down even Obi-Wan himself seemingly without effort and now Anakin is all alone and he will never be a match for any Lord of the Sith-But Palpatine's words rage is your weapon have given Anakin permission to unseal the shielding around his furnace heart, and all his fears and all his doubts shrivel in its flame.

Dooku then taunts him, making Anakin limit himself. After being goaded by Sidious, Anakin then utterly stomps him.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

March 23rd 2020, 1:39 pm
@Meatpants

Anakin’s atomised.

Why?
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

March 23rd 2020, 3:24 pm
Exactly. The only thing Anakin was holding back was his Dark Side emotions (and also Djem So, but that was only at the very beginning), that’s it, once he gave into the Dark Side, he started hammering Dooku. So it is not like LS Anakin is a Dooku stomper.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

March 23rd 2020, 3:32 pm
Latham2000 wrote:I've edited my post because I made a big typo to what I was meant to write:

It even adds more to Anakin's personal grievances for Dooku, saying that that the same Dooku belittled Anakin and tried to put his wife, Padme to death. Zonakin is just a forum term for the rage amped Anakin who stomped Dooku, but this isn't the Anakin that the OP is considering, the OP said that we're considering LS Anakin, who has a non-existent relationship with *PLAGUEIS.

I accidently wrote Dooku instead of Plagueis because I was typing so fast that I wasn't thinking, nor was I reading what I wrote. Anakin has a non existent relationship with Plagueis because he has never met him, so there's no emotional baggage.

Ok that makes more sense. While he wouldn't know who Plagueis is there's still a possibility that he could push Anakin to the point of unleashing his greater power which isn't necassarily exclusive to dark side Anakin because LS Anakin is capable of it.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

March 23rd 2020, 3:39 pm
BoD wrote:The Stover novel explicitly notes that it's him dropping all restraint and giving himself over to dark side emotions that allows him to stomp Dooku:

There was a thermonuclear furnace where his heart should be, and it was burning through the firewalls of his Jedi training. He held the Force in the clench of a white-hot fist. He was half Sith already, and he didn't even know it.

This boy had the gift of fury.

And even now, he was holding himself back; even now, as he landed at Dooku's flank and rained blows upon the Sith Lord's defenses, even as he drove Dooku backward step after step, Dooku could feel how Skywalker kept his fury banked behind walls of will: walls that were hardened by some uncontrollable dread.

-

But for Anakin, in the fight there is only terror, and rage.

Only he stands between death and the two men he loves best in all the world, and he can no longer afford to hold anything back. That imaginary dead-star dragon tries its best to freeze away his strength, to whisper him that Dooku has beaten him before, that Dooku has all the power of the darkness, to remind him how Dooku took his hand, how Dooku could strike down even Obi-Wan himself seemingly without effort and now Anakin is all alone and he will never be a match for any Lord of the Sith-But Palpatine's words rage is your weapon have given Anakin permission to unseal the shielding around his furnace heart, and all his fears and all his doubts shrivel in its flame.

Dooku then taunts him, making Anakin limit himself. After being goaded by Sidious, Anakin then utterly stomps him.

I don't have my copy of the ROTS novel with me but from what I remember the moments leading up to Dooku's defeat seemed more of Anakin using his potential to decide reality rather than the dark side. 

However, I do agree with the above because it shows that LS Anakin isn't completely lightside.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum