Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

Qui gon Jinn and TPM Kenobi vs Ben Kenobi and ESB Luke - Page 2 Empty Re: Qui gon Jinn and TPM Kenobi vs Ben Kenobi and ESB Luke

March 9th 2020, 1:17 pm
Why Maul chose to shittalk is irrelevant to the fact that he did, and that he was afforded the opportunity to do so. For a guy who "prefers" to go into a silent "trancelike state" and fight his opponents "head on" and has an unparalleled hate boner for Jedi to spend copious amounts of time backtreading while talking shit, you have to imagine Jinn had a much harder time of it than Vader.

As for the saberstaff, while true, Maul's particular staff is twice the length of others, so it's much easier to cut. And IIRC Vader only managed to do that through grabbing Maul's leg. I don't think that alone is enough to say Vader is better than Jinn with everything else in mind.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Qui gon Jinn and TPM Kenobi vs Ben Kenobi and ESB Luke - Page 2 Empty Re: Qui gon Jinn and TPM Kenobi vs Ben Kenobi and ESB Luke

March 9th 2020, 3:09 pm
I wanted to emphasise that it was a different situation because it's actually one of the few times, if not the only time TPM Maul makes use of Dun Moch. Fightsaber says that Maul didn't do any shit talking in his fight with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan because he "desires a purely physical" victory, meaning that he he deliberately chooses not to do it for his own personal preferences. Maul was backtreading from Qui-Gon because he wanted to lead Qui-Gon to a location of his own choice, TPM Novel, TWODM novel and Fact Files portray Maul as being in control of the fight. Vader used to be a Jedi, Maul knows this, hence why he repeatedly calls him a Jedi, so it's not like Maul's unparalleled hate boner for Jedi disappeared because he was fighting Vader for a change. TPM Maul hates everyone and everything.

Your rebuttal to the saberstaff point is correct, the elongated hilt of Maul's weapon is twice the length of a standard lightsaber hilt, so it has that vulnerability, Vader's feat of cutting Maul's saberstaff in half pales in comparison to what Maul did to Vader before and after this occured, but it's not like Maul wanted that to happen, Qui-Gon failed to achieve this, a rage amped TPM Kenobi achieved this thanks to the element of surprise. I'm not advocating that ANH Vader is better than Qui-Gon, I'm neutral on this, hence why I am disagreeing with the pro-Qui-Gon arguments.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum