Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Galan007
Galan007

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far)

on June 23rd 2020, 5:45 pm
@Underachiever599 wrote:I feel it's worth mentioning, the first chapter explicitly mentions that the freighter had been flying along the most well-charted and commonly-used hyperlane into the Outer Rim. The issue isn't that it was a single freighter falling apart, the issue is where it fell apart. It sounds like that hyperlane is the main one used for travel between the Core Worlds and the Rim Worlds. With it being effectively shut down due to debris, that means the Core and Rim Worlds are effectively isolated from each other.
Good point.

Perhaps that is the cause for concern, as the Outer Rim being majorly cut-off from the Core worlds would allow lawlessness and whatnot(in the form of the Nihil) to start running rampant, without the fear of significant Republic/Jedi intervention.

Still not sure why they couldn't use a different hyperlane to access the Outer Rim, but hopefully that will be explained as well... Maybe hyperlanes weren't as easy to come by back then. /shrug
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sooooo, High Republic is official (books & comics so far)

on June 23rd 2020, 10:41 pm
@Galan007 wrote:
@Underachiever599 wrote:I feel it's worth mentioning, the first chapter explicitly mentions that the freighter had been flying along the most well-charted and commonly-used hyperlane into the Outer Rim. The issue isn't that it was a single freighter falling apart, the issue is where it fell apart. It sounds like that hyperlane is the main one used for travel between the Core Worlds and the Rim Worlds. With it being effectively shut down due to debris, that means the Core and Rim Worlds are effectively isolated from each other.
Good point.

Perhaps that is the cause for concern, as the Outer Rim being majorly cut-off from the Core worlds would allow lawlessness and whatnot(in the form of the Nihil) to start running rampant, without the fear of significant Republic/Jedi intervention.

Still not sure why they couldn't use a different hyperlane to access the Outer Rim, but hopefully that will be explained as well... Maybe hyperlanes weren't as easy to come by back then. /shrug
From what I recall, hyperlane mapping is incredibly dangerous, and the farther from the Core Worlds you get, the less stable hyperlanes are. Don't remember if that's Legends or Canon info, though, but it's likely why the Outer Rim doesn't have as thoroughly mapped hyperlanes. Either way, I'm looking forward to the full novel.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum