Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Were Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi holding back when they fought Savage Opress? Empty Were Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi holding back when they fought Savage Opress?

January 26th 2020, 1:47 pm
Title.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Were Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi holding back when they fought Savage Opress? Empty Re: Were Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi holding back when they fought Savage Opress?

January 26th 2020, 2:02 pm
No, but it's kind of hard to fight an immensely amped character with a saber as big as the corridor's width and who's driving you back with physical strength.
DarthAdi
DarthAdi

Were Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi holding back when they fought Savage Opress? Empty Re: Were Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi holding back when they fought Savage Opress?

January 26th 2020, 2:10 pm
BoD wrote:No, but it's kind of hard to fight an immensely amped character with a saber as big as the corridor's width and who's driving you back with physical strength.
I think he is refering to their fight on Toydaria.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

January 26th 2020, 2:17 pm
All Jedi restrain themselves when fighting, and try to look for alternatives to killing or maiming their foes. But they weren't holding back more than they usually do, if that is the question.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 26th 2020, 2:29 pm
i think they mightve surprised, which does affect ones fighting, but idk if they were holding back
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

January 27th 2020, 1:45 am
I don't believe they were necessarily holding back. But Obi-Wan's fighting style is all about being defensive and waiting for a lapse in his opponent's defenses. I think Anakin was just trying to fight at Obi-Wan's pace, to better work as a team. After all, last time Anakin had an opportunity to work together with Obi-Wan and chose to charge in and do his own thing, he got an arm cut off. So I suppose Anakin might have been holding himself back for the sake of matching Obi-Wan's performance.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

January 27th 2020, 7:13 am
I'm sorry why is this thread obsessed with taking all of Savage's feats away... it's pre prime obi wan and Anakin and they got dominated, this is the same man who sent Dooku flying bear in mind Dooku was matching Yoda's strength while exhausted in AOTC surely Anakin and Obi wan could have been thrown back by such strength?

Stop looking for excuses people this is my little statement; look at feats look at facts look at scaling chains you will find that Bane is actually a beast of a combatant, Dooku is a peer to Yoda in speed, and Vader is above end of rots kenobi
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum