Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gianfi
Gianfi

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda - Page 2 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda

January 10th 2020, 2:37 am
Yoda
Shioz
Shioz

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda - Page 2 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda

January 10th 2020, 2:49 am
Plagueis.
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

January 10th 2020, 3:04 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Darth Vax
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 10th 2020, 3:06 am
Ah yes, Darth Vax, bane of the Karens and the anti-Vax-xer cult.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 10th 2020, 6:41 am
Yoda
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 10th 2020, 7:00 am
In retrospect, I'm rescinding my vote. I want to hear a real argument for Revan (not something half-assed).
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

January 10th 2020, 7:04 am
Azronger wrote:In retrospect, I'm rescinding my vote. I want to hear a real argument for Revan (not something half-assed).
What about UnuThul? I’m planning to make one if you’re interested.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

January 10th 2020, 7:31 am
If anyone wants to know why I hate revan it's this thread

"Revan is way > Yoda"

"Prove it?"

"KUN SCALING"
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 10th 2020, 7:44 am
MasterCilghal wrote:
Azronger wrote:In retrospect, I'm rescinding my vote. I want to hear a real argument for Revan (not something half-assed).
What about UnuThul? I’m planning to make one if you’re interested.

That's fine as well
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 10th 2020, 7:46 am
Isv wrote:If anyone wants to know why I hate revan it's this thread

"Revan is way > Yoda"

"Prove it?"

"KUN SCALING"

Yeah that's a lame non sequitur argument. Kun is utterly irrelevant unless tied to Yoda somehow.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 10th 2020, 8:42 am
@Azronger: I'd agree with that, but moreso the sentiment that it has nothing to do with Yoda. It proves that Revan is incredibly formidable in most cases, as opposed to cementing superiority bar a direct comparison.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

January 10th 2020, 9:08 am
Isv wrote:If anyone wants to know why I hate revan it's this thread

"Revan is way > Yoda"

"Prove it?"

"KUN SCALING"
Little do they know that Yoda scales above Kun as well  ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda - Page 2 1220391476
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 10th 2020, 9:17 am
Will be waiting for arguments of UnuThul.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 10th 2020, 10:14 am
HellfireUnit wrote:Will be waiting for arguments of UnuThul.
Perhaps the fact that people thought he was > Luke (in Luke's jobbing state).
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 10th 2020, 10:16 am
Plagueis
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 10th 2020, 10:26 am
How is Plagueis > Yoda?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 10th 2020, 10:27 am
What can Yoda do to kill Plagueis?

Last edited by Maks Leem on January 10th 2020, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 10th 2020, 10:30 am
Hit him with a lightsaber or strangle him
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 10th 2020, 10:33 am
Dismemberment, decapitation, strangulation, catastrophic brain damage, induced heart attack, etc etc.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

January 10th 2020, 10:47 am
Yoda couldn’t do that. Plagueis has too much offensive power. The ROTS novelisation doesn’t even portray Yoda vs Sidious as being that close—Sidious notices that it’s costing Yoda far much more to hold his lightning, than it is for Sidious to unleash it. And, as Meatpants recently argued, Sidious cannot go to his all-out level of power without causing deformation, which supports my previous point even more so. Plagueis would struggle more than Wankatine, but he has MM on his side to gradually kill Yoda as he’s hammering him with his enormous amount of raw power. Yoda simply can’t retaliate with the Force, unless he gets a lucky hit with a saber (which it wouldn’t even come to tbh) or targets his breath mask, neither of which is likely as Plagueis will actively have his barrier up
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 10th 2020, 11:50 am
Yoda couldn’t do that. Plagueis has too much offensive power. The ROTS novelisation doesn’t even portray Yoda vs Sidious as being that close—Sidious notices that it’s costing Yoda far much more to hold his lightning, than it is for Sidious to unleash it. 

The film clearly portrayed them as equals. Even in the novel, right after the duel ends we have this tidbit:

and as the little green freak fell, finally, above, the victorious shadow became once again only Palpatine: a very old, very tired man, gasping for air as he leaned on the pod's rail. 

Sheevie is clearly just as exhausted as Yoda and was pushed to his limits by the fight.

as Meatpants recently argued, Sidious cannot go to his all-out level of power without causing deformation, which supports my previous point even more so.

First, I haven't seen this case. Second, the only evidence for this is the fight with Mace, where the lightning was explicitly noted to have been deflected back onto Sheev. It had nothing to do with his full power so if this is the only evidence for that, it's factually wrong.

Plagueis would struggle more than Wankatine, but he has MM on his side to gradually kill Yoda as he’s hammering him with his enormous amount of raw power.

Unlikely. Plagueis was arguably comparable to a Sheev 13 years before ROTS. MM has also never been used on a combat ready Force sensitive so we have absolutely no idea if it would work. 

Yoda simply can’t retaliate with the Force,

Based on what? He's more powerful, is incredibly knowledgeable, and is very, very fast.

unless he gets a lucky hit with a saber (which it wouldn’t even come to tbh)

Why not? Yoda tends to opt for lightsaber combat when he can.

or targets his breath mask, neither of which is likely as Plagueis will actively have his barrier up

Which is irrelevant since Yoda is more powerful.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

January 10th 2020, 3:13 pm
I will probably make a post for Revan, assuming Skillz doesn't make his own post for Outlander/Vaylin like he has been alluding to
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 10th 2020, 4:21 pm
yoda is the better duelist, as fast if not faster, a harder to hit target, much, much more experienced, has better showings of, well, anything u cant think of, can weaken plagueis and strengthen himself by using BM, not to mention the fact that yoda is very likely physically stronger.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 10th 2020, 4:47 pm
I really don't see any advantage Revan could have over Yoda.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

January 10th 2020, 4:50 pm
I'll tentatively be going with Yoda. Note I think the stipulations The Ellimist made helps Yoda over characters like UnuThul or Force-heavy candidates.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum